Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 28, 2009, 11:51 PM
Joined Feb 2009
47 Posts
Discussion
My airhogs evolution story

So I started with the biplane after looking online (here) for the best micro off the store cheap plane. I saw aero ace, and thought there was only one aero ace.
So I bought the biplane. That ended up completely abused, and after I tried to do some electrical mods; I realized that actually takes some practice. The wires are frail, and the soldering points are tiny. I pretty much killed it.

So after getting all excited about the aero ace, I went back on here. And saw the F18. First one I got was a dud. Took it back and it was truly amazing. Flew like a champ. However it got kinda old, maybe it was a little to easy to fly.

I wanted to get a new plane so a friend could fly with me (since my biplane was dead) so I went with the sport. This BY FAR is my favorite plane. I dont like speed. I like being able to watch the planes every move and have precision. The sport is just that.

Then I modded my biplane into the gull wing. Looks good but doesnt fly too hot.

Now there has been too much wind so I bought the cyclone for indoors. I really like it. If you dont fly it like a stunt plane, then it really flies well. The trimming is a constant battle since the design isnt symmetric but it works well enough. (the first one I bought had to be returned within a couple of hours; the rudder just quit)

anyways I thought my progression was interesting, and might be helpful for other new people deciding what to get.
grantman54 is offline Find More Posts by grantman54
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 29, 2009, 01:06 AM
Yeah, it's that important.
Keller, Texas
Joined Oct 2008
440 Posts
Touching Story.

However, I didn't like to sport to well. I loved the original Jet Aero Ace. Was the best thing ever.

I purchased that Green Dragon AA Bipe today. Now to wait.

about the cyclones, i've went through 3 of them! Those pesky rudders always snap. Grr.
xelaxor is offline Find More Posts by xelaxor
Old Mar 29, 2009, 01:52 AM
Joined Jan 2008
721 Posts
Put a paperclip or 2 in the front of the sport to make it stable.
wrcsti is offline Find More Posts by wrcsti
Old Mar 29, 2009, 09:18 AM
Joined Feb 2009
47 Posts
yeah I have a blob of hot glue on the nose of my sport
grantman54 is offline Find More Posts by grantman54
Old Mar 29, 2009, 09:33 AM
Zurich
Joined Apr 2006
3,535 Posts
Lots of (hairdriered!) WASHOUT did absolute wonders for every Sport I've encountered.
xlcrlee is offline Find More Posts by xlcrlee