HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 17, 2014, 03:11 AM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Aug 2014
14 Posts
Discussion
Will the Hero h911 bind to a WL Toys v911 transmitter?

I have several v911s but have a chance to pick up a Hero H911 for a very good price. I've looked at the H911 full package on Amazon and the tx looks exactly the same as the v911 tx I have.

I'm wondering if the h911 will bind to the v911 tx?

Does anyone know about this?
MesaRCHeliAddict is offline Find More Posts by MesaRCHeliAddict
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 17, 2014, 02:53 PM
HFP100, HFP80, YD-117, MSRx
Joined Jan 2014
99 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MesaRCHeliAddict View Post
I have several v911s but have a chance to pick up a Hero H911 for a very good price. I've looked at the H911 full package on Amazon and the tx looks exactly the same as the v911 tx I have.

I'm wondering if the h911 will bind to the v911 tx?

Does anyone know about this?
Yes, the H911 and the V911 are the same and both bind to your v911 transmitter in the same fashion. They share the same parts all around as well.The V911 tx is a FlySky transmitter and it will also fly the Syma F3 (great heli) and any FS model Hisky bird.
randycastell is offline Find More Posts by randycastell
Old Aug 17, 2014, 06:08 PM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Aug 2014
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by randycastell View Post
Yes, the H911 and the V911 are the same and both bind to your v911 transmitter in the same fashion. They share the same parts all around as well.The V911 tx is a FlySky transmitter and it will also fly the Syma F3 (great heli) and any FS model Hisky bird.
AWESOME! Thanks so much for getting back with an answer so quickly! This is great news for me. I currently have two more v911s on order (heli only), and now I am thinking of picking up the h911 "warbird" helicopter.

I just started flying helis a little over a month ago and I started out on a Lutema Avatar 4-channel micro. That one wasn't mine, so the one I got for myself was the Syma 107G. Well, that's all it took and I was hooked! I have been flying 3-ch coaxial helis for about a month now, and I felt ready to move on up to a 4-ch v911.

I just cannot believe what an awesome helicopter the v911 is for $40 (I actually got mine for $37). I flew the v911 indoors for about 3 days and then yesterday I decided to take it outside since there was little to no wind and it was a nice day. Well I guess I must have thrust the throttle up too fast because it just took off straight up in the air. I tried to bring it down but it went up over the condo behind me and ended up coming down on the roof!

And to make matters worse, it's the weekend and since there are no maintenance men working in my complex on the weekend, I'm sitting here and praying it doesn't rain before I can get them to get it down for me tomorrow morning!

Well, at least I know what I did wrong and I won't repeat that mistake again! Boy do I feel stupid!

Anyhow, your post made me feel a bit better and knowing I have two new v911s on their way to me helps a little too! It sure does hurt to lose or severely crash your heli!
MesaRCHeliAddict is offline Find More Posts by MesaRCHeliAddict
Old Aug 18, 2014, 02:04 PM
HFP100, HFP80, YD-117, MSRx
Joined Jan 2014
99 Posts
I feel the same in regards to your enthusiasm and enjoyment of these micro helis. My experience started the same way as yours: S-107g to V911 to H911 Warbird. Great fun all. I get very attached to my birds as well. Hate crashing, but if you're pushing the envelope learning what they can do and advancing your skills, then it's bound to happen. Thank goodness spare parts are so easy to get on e-bay or bangood.com which is a supplier out of Hong Kong with great terms and fast shipping to the western U.S.

After 3 months of flybars, I discovered (for myself) an excellent clone and an early 6-axis gyro equipped helicopter without a flybar. The RTF package was only $60, so I naturally bit and to my delight I found out how excellent helicopters without flybars can be. The Attop YD-117 is not popular, and is hard to find, but it opened up the world of fixed pitch flybarless micro helis to me. Now there are some other really nice similarly equipped ones on the market. For just a bit more scratch, the 6-axis gyro helis like HiSky HFP100v2 and HFP80v2 are super fun and easy to fly once you've mastered the V911 but you'll need an appropriate tx. The type of gyro and accelerometer on board take the place of the flybar while allowing those types to bank and fly fast outside w/o much regard to breezes. My favorite heli after 8 months of joy is the HiSky HFP100 (WL toys V944). It's a bit more challenging to fly. I've got all my 'early birds' as well as the others I mentioned plus more and I try and fly them all in proper circumstance and they continue to bring me real delight.

http://sky-helicopter.com/Attop-YD-1...elicopter.html
randycastell is offline Find More Posts by randycastell