HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 20, 2012, 10:16 AM
United States, MD, Anne Arundel
Joined Aug 2012
31 Posts
Help!
Calibrating ESC with Devo 7 tx/rx.

Many FC configuration's suggest that ESC's need to be calibrated yet using an ardupilot 2.5 mega FC I can't do it via software like I can on openpilot cc.

Problem is my Devo 7 tx requires me to put the throttle control at zero position before it starts to work when I first connect to the rx on the quad.

So, I turn on tx, then the rx on multi wait about 5seconds when the link and then rx/tx are linked.

There is no way to start the multi sequence with the throttle all the way up so the ESC'think they are getting programmed.

I do not find a means to turn this "safety feature" off on the Devo tx.

Any suggestions

Rolf
rstefani is offline Find More Posts by rstefani
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 20, 2012, 06:28 PM
Connecticut Quad Hacker
Joined Dec 2009
956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstefani View Post
Many FC configuration's suggest that ESC's need to be calibrated yet using an ardupilot 2.5 mega FC I can't do it via software like I can on openpilot cc.

Problem is my Devo 7 tx requires me to put the throttle control at zero position before it starts to work when I first connect to the rx on the quad.

So, I turn on tx, then the rx on multi wait about 5seconds when the link and then rx/tx are linked.

There is no way to start the multi sequence with the throttle all the way up so the ESC'think they are getting programmed.

I do not find a means to turn this "safety feature" off on the Devo tx.

Any suggestions

Rolf
hi Rolf

Hope this explains what you are asking for. This works for all Tx/Rx combos. I also own Devo 7 and 10 works for them.

eRC Speed Controller Trouble Shooting: How To (6 min 30 sec)
batfire is offline Find More Posts by batfire
Old Oct 20, 2012, 09:18 PM
<Marty>
United States, KY, Springfield
Joined Jul 2011
2,067 Posts
i think what is happening is the tx and rx needs a few seconds to bind and this time closes the window needed to calibrate the esc...if i remember correct once the devo is binded to the rx you can unplug the battery to the rx and it remembers the ID ...so try this...turn on the tx , plug in the battery to the rx and let them bind...then unplug the battery and place the throttle to high position then plug the battery back in and the tx/rx should rebind quickly and allow you to do the calibration...
magic_marty is online now Find More Posts by magic_marty
Old Oct 22, 2012, 08:15 AM
United States, MD, Anne Arundel
Joined Aug 2012
31 Posts
Thanks Guys.... I gave these this a couple of trys yesterday and still don't know if they are properly configured but the quad does seem to fly relatively ok...

unstable for the first perhaps 10 seconds of flight then balances out (ardupilot 2.5)

Perhaps just need to tweek the PIDS some more.

Rolf
rstefani is offline Find More Posts by rstefani