SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Oct 10, 2012, 02:52 PM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,452 Posts
I assume I have a V1 because of the reference to the USB cable change V1->V2.

Another clue might be the EXIF data for single JPEG images. Here's mine, says program is V1.
victapilot is offline Find More Posts by victapilot
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 15, 2012, 04:14 PM
Cumbria in the U.K
Joined Jan 2008
1,928 Posts
A quick flight with my quad and a No 11 camera.
The ruined abbey is a few minutes from where I live. It used to be the second richest and most powerful abbey in England.

TURN the sound down as the quad is pretty noisy !

Resized-Furness-Abbey (2 min 34 sec)
sparklet is offline Find More Posts by sparklet
Old Oct 15, 2012, 07:10 PM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
4,055 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklet View Post
The ruined abbey is a few minutes from where I live. It used to be the second richest and most powerful abbey in England.

Nice one.
I've never seen that one, used to live nr Whitby.

Mike
empeabee is offline Find More Posts by empeabee
Old Oct 16, 2012, 03:21 PM
Cumbria in the U.K
Joined Jan 2008
1,928 Posts
Hi Mike,
I was surprised how much the quality drops when uploaded to Vimeo. The original video from the camera is much better.

I like Whitby and the ruined abbey on the cliff. This one is Furness Abbey and is located in the "Vale of deadly nightshade" so called because the stuff thrives in the valley where the abbey is tucked away.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 02:29 PM
United States, FL, Palm Beach
Joined Jan 2011
1,162 Posts
Here's some cloud busting on a #11 cam, had it (cam) for a while now and haven't used it much. I think I've found a new life for it, one square inch of velcro on this flying wing held it on. Didn't even have to rebalance the CG, it flew just fine. Can't say that for GoPro!

Doug busting clouds in their puffy mouth (6 min 30 sec)
viper522 is offline Find More Posts by viper522
Old Oct 19, 2012, 02:41 PM
Nakelp
United States, NJ, Union
Joined Sep 2004
6,794 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklet View Post

https://vimeo.com/51463164
Great what props are you using?
nakelp86 is offline Find More Posts by nakelp86
Old Oct 19, 2012, 05:40 PM
Cumbria in the U.K
Joined Jan 2008
1,928 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakelp86 View Post
Great what props are you using?
Hi,
The props are 10*4.5 - normal 2 bladed.
The quad is pretty heavy though and uses fairly large motors.
A lighter quad with the same type and size of prop is a lot quieter.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 06:49 PM
Nakelp
United States, NJ, Union
Joined Sep 2004
6,794 Posts
Are they APC props?
nakelp86 is offline Find More Posts by nakelp86
Old Oct 20, 2012, 11:58 AM
Cumbria in the U.K
Joined Jan 2008
1,928 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakelp86 View Post
Are they APC props?
No.
They are "anonymous". Came from a seller in USA, but there are a number of places/countries where they can be found.

They are quite good. Pretty strong and available in different colours. I had a few different types before these. Some were a bit brittle, some - cheap from Hobby King wouldn't even lift a quad off the ground. Just changed the props out for better ones and it leapt into the air !

I like the N0 11 camera but will be sending off for a No 16 next week.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 09:28 PM
Joined Oct 2009
27 Posts
Fo those of use new to this thread, and just want to find the best keychain cam for strapping to a plane, can somount summarise whats out there right now? Didn't really wat to track through 600 pages of (most likely very useful) posts.
MrFollies is offline Find More Posts by MrFollies
Old Oct 26, 2012, 04:09 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFollies View Post
Fo those of use new to this thread, and just want to find the best keychain cam for strapping to a plane, can somount summarise whats out there right now? Didn't really wat to track through 600 pages of (most likely very useful) posts.
Of course both the #11 and #18 will work, but by far the most popular and extremely well supported by the developer is the #16. The #18 developer basically copies what the #16 developer has already done, so the #18 is always lagging behind. The #11 and #18 are identical except the #11 does not have video-out.

Click here for the #16 thread.

Depending on what type of plane you fly, the #16 is lighter than the other two, but at the cost of recording time. The #16 has a lighter and smaller battery, and the case is not so thick. The #16 runs about 40-45 mins., the #11/#18 up to 60 mins.

For fpv, the #16 is definitely better because it doesn't have unnecessary large icons cluttering up the video signal. It also uses much lighter cables which were designed with fpv in mind.

It's difficult to list the pros and cons because a lot depends on what you actually want. The video is pretty much identical on both models. The functionality is similar, the #16 is easier to setup and has more parameter settings for finer control. The #16 has time-lapse videos and uses a standard 5-pin mini USB plug.

The #18 USB mini 8-pin plug is non-standard and the developer completely messed up the connections. You need separate cables for accessing the camera as a removable disk and for recording with external power. If you require video-out you need another special cable which has to bridge two pins. The cables are heavy and more useful for connecting the camera to a TV. If that's what you want, then it's fine.
It's much more difficult to make your own cables for the #18, and right-angled solder plugs don't exist for the 8-pin plugs - at least I haven't found any...

The sellers are listed in post #2 in all the three threads.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old Oct 26, 2012, 08:08 AM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFollies View Post
#11 - $30
#16 - $38 - $43 depending on lens
#18 - $mid 30s

HK wing lens fits #11

In this, the boat cam is #11 with HK lens. Capcam is GoPro.

Boat & Floats TT (2 min 28 sec)
victapilot is offline Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Nov 01, 2012, 08:22 PM
Southwest England
Joined Nov 2010
331 Posts
I have used extensively both the 11 and the 16, for me there's no argument. The 11 suffered a bad brown green colour hunting that badly messed up some of my videos. For a few $ more the 16 is far better.

Check out a few of the videos on my channel to see the evidence!
bobflyman is offline Find More Posts by bobflyman
Old Nov 02, 2012, 11:07 PM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
9,244 Posts
Just for fun here are a couple of videos with the #16 and the new #16 D wide angle.

I didn't edit color or jello. What you see is what you get. The video of the plane flying is shot from a #16 mounted on my transmitter.

Albatross with 808 #16 keychain cameras (3 min 5 sec)

This is the long version.

More testing with the 808 #16 and #16D HD video cameras (4 min 23 sec)

Another sample

808 #16D Keychain camera on RC Albatross (5 min 16 sec)
Lee is offline Find More Posts by Lee
Last edited by Lee; Nov 02, 2012 at 11:17 PM.
Old Nov 07, 2012, 01:48 PM
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Oct 2010
2,305 Posts
808 #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Just for fun here are a couple of videos with the #16 and the new #16 D wide angle.

I didn't edit color or jello. What you see is what you get. The video of the plane flying is shot from a #16 mounted on my transmitter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrpZPO2Jd6k

This is the long version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UO4ZKOTjfNs

Another sample

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XfQXJsmW2w
That's very cool ! Where did you get that 808 #16 mini Dvr ? Thanks for sharing !
CO2X2010 is offline Find More Posts by CO2X2010
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: cynr100
Closed Thread