SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 13, 2012, 07:21 PM
Australia, SA, Munno Para
Joined Sep 2011
935 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassb View Post
Everything works OK until I turn off the transmitter. When I turn it back on again, it won't reconnect to that receiver any more until I go through the bind process again.

One weird thing about the Tx ... the green light on the back where the bind button is on the DX7 -- when I turn on the Tx, that light flashes for about 3 seconds then goes off. Isn't it supposed to be on solid?
After you have bound the RX = light on solid

Turn radio and RX off, yes then both need to be turned off

remove bind plug

turn radio on

turn RX on

it should work for that
golf_lake is offline Find More Posts by golf_lake
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 13, 2012, 07:46 PM
CURIOSITY Has Landed!
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
1,170 Posts
golf_lake,
I think his problem has been resolved, unless you are talking about something different.
Have a read back through the last dozen posts or couple of pages.
It was kinda off topic and all over the place there for a while. So I'm confused too!!
B!LL!
Fugitive_Bill is offline Find More Posts by Fugitive_Bill
Old Jun 13, 2012, 07:57 PM
Gravity impaired
United States, NY, Wolcott
Joined Nov 2004
1,521 Posts
Quote:
Well, I figured it out! The button is partially pressed when I tightened down the top two screws on the back. So, it's all good now. I loosened those two screws and we're back in business! Whew!

I had removed the back cover to check out the insides and the tension adjustments. I guess you can't tighten those two top screws all the way in or it compresses the back enough to push in that button. Lesson learned.

Thanks all,
Bryan
I've had mine apart to eliminate the ratchet on the throttle. That's a simple procedure.... take one screw out and flip the metal piece that makes the ratchet effect and put the screw back in. Now you have a nice smooth throttle stick which I prefer. I tightened the screws back up on the case and it works fine, so you may have something a bit out of alignment.
jrjr is offline Find More Posts by jrjr
Old Jun 13, 2012, 08:05 PM
Joined Sep 2011
935 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugitive_Bill View Post
golf_lake,
I think his problem has been resolved, unless you are talking about something different.
Have a read back through the last dozen posts or couple of pages.
It was kinda off topic and all over the place there for a while. So I'm confused too!!
B!LL!
Thanks after looking a second time I see it was caused by not putting his TX back together correctly.

I just thought I would mention the need to turn every thing thing off after binding as I was caught by that and hadent seen anyone one else say it
Old Jun 13, 2012, 11:14 PM
United States, NY, Victor
Joined Apr 2005
126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by golf_lake View Post
Thanks after looking a second time I see it was caused by not putting his TX back together correctly.

I just thought I would mention the need to turn every thing thing off after binding as I was caught by that and hadent seen anyone one else say it
Yes, thank you for responding. It's working correctly now.

Now, next thing I need to find is how to connect this DX7 to my computer so I can run it with a flight sim!
cassb is offline Find More Posts by cassb
Old Jun 13, 2012, 11:30 PM
Joined Sep 2011
935 Posts
Quote:
Yes, thank you for responding. It's working correctly now.

Now, next thing I need to find is how to connect this DX7 to my computer so I can run it with a flight sim!
you need a simulator cable that plugs into the buddy box hole and then plugs into your computer via USB.

if you google you will find heaps of cables available to use with free sims like FMS
Old Jun 14, 2012, 12:54 AM
Joined Sep 2011
935 Posts
Just wondering if anyone has checked current draw on the stock prop and the apc 6x4

I just got a set of digi scales and compared thrust between the 2 props and the 6x4 gives an extra 60g of thrust

the scales only measure down to 5g steps but still ok for comparing motors, props and batteries

3s 2200 ma pack just of charge stock prop 485gm

rest time was as long as it took to swap props and without top up apc 6x4 545gm

around 12% more thrust
Old Jun 14, 2012, 01:00 AM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
Just wondering if anyone has checked current draw on the stock prop and the apc 6x4 <snip>
Yes.
2300mah LiPo
APC 6x4e
18.15Ap
11.27Vm
205.8Wp
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Old Jun 14, 2012, 01:13 AM
Joined Sep 2011
935 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker View Post
Yes.
2300mah LiPo
APC 6x4e
18.15Ap
11.27Vm
205.8Wp
AJ
thanks AJ do you have the numbers for the stock prop as well please?
Old Jun 14, 2012, 11:34 AM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
thanks AJ do you have the numbers for the stock prop as well please?
Yes.
1300mah LiPo
5x5e
14.38Ap
10.87Vm
157.7Wp
AJ
Old Jun 14, 2012, 06:54 PM
New Zealand, Canterbury, Rolleston
Joined Oct 2011
1,101 Posts
Quote:
Turn radio and RX off,.... turn radio on....turn RX on
An Rx is a radio, or maybe we called them a wireless as we used the English terminology. "Its on the radio." as in there is a programme on the wireless. "I heard it on the radio." etc.

It might be better to use Tx and Rx and then we'd know that the transmitter and the receiver were being talked about.

Now, which is turned off first - Rx or Tx after binding? (Or do I have to go out to the workshop to check my notes.)
Mac50L is offline Find More Posts by Mac50L
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Motor cover and mount retention
Old Jun 14, 2012, 07:20 PM
Why so serious?
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac50L View Post
An Rx is a radio, or maybe we called them a wireless as we used the English terminology. "Its on the radio." as in there is a programme on the wireless. "I heard it on the radio." etc.

It might be better to use Tx and Rx and then we'd know that the transmitter and the receiver were being talked about.

Now, which is turned off first - Rx or Tx after binding? (Or do I have to go out to the workshop to check my notes.)
When one refers to a radio, they are referring to the Transmitter or TX. WHen they talk about the reciever, it's the RX.

But, Rx can also mean a drug store or pharmacy and Tx is the abbreviation for the State of Texas. So if you got aspirin in Dallas you could say you went shopping at a Rx in Tx.

Tnx for listening.

oh, also....I use a Hitec radio and it doesn't play any music.
2500GENE is offline Find More Posts by 2500GENE
Last edited by 2500GENE; Jun 14, 2012 at 07:30 PM.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 07:37 PM
Better then Sliced Bread!
United States, CA, Arcata
Joined Oct 2011
2,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE View Post
When one refers to a radio, they are referring to the Transmitter or TX. WHen they talk about the reciever, it's the RX.

But, Rx can also mean a drug store or pharmacy and Tx is the abbreviation for the State of Texas. So if you got aspirin in Dallas you could say you went shopping at a Rx in Tx.

Tnx for listening.

oh, also....I use a Hitec radio and it doesn't play any music.
My Devo 8 does :P And here is one to add to the word riddle...

Not only do I fly with my TX controlling the RX, but my plane also has a TX communicating with an RX with me on the ground!

Oh and just because you don't see it mentioned much... I did 4.7km yesterday ground range using my Devo 8 on 2.4Ghz WITH 1.3Ghz for video and no filters :P.
NorCalMatCat is offline Find More Posts by NorCalMatCat
Old Jun 14, 2012, 08:13 PM
Why so serious?
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalMatCat View Post
My Devo 8 does :P And here is one to add to the word riddle...

Not only do I fly with my TX controlling the RX, but my plane also has a TX communicating with an RX with me on the ground!

Oh and just because you don't see it mentioned much... I did 4.7km yesterday ground range using my Devo 8 on 2.4Ghz WITH 1.3Ghz for video and no filters :P.
4.7km....2.9 miles. Nice.

aj loves Devo. "Wip It" was his favorite.
2500GENE is offline Find More Posts by 2500GENE
Old Jun 14, 2012, 08:23 PM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac50L View Post

Rx. But, I sure agree with all the other answers.
AJ