HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 25, 2011, 04:45 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,624 Posts
Nice!!

Some day I might learn how to do rollers...

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 25, 2011, 05:09 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Groveport, OH...USA
Joined Nov 2010
10,179 Posts
it was really windy....i was trying to work with the wind...dont have very many flights on the 57....toward the end of the vid my rudder got stuck....one of the wire ends got stuck....watch it again toward the end.....i was all i could do to get it back
aronph is online now Find More Posts by aronph
Old Dec 25, 2011, 05:50 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
Aron that was Excellent! Best flyin I've ever seen you do! Wait!......

I think it's the only flying I've ever seen you do, complete flight vid.

Seriously, that was great, the Elevator Rollers look nice, the whole flight was relaxing to watch until the rudder got stuck. I wish I was there with slow rollers. Must be the Phoenix vs RF....

Really nice and looked (in control). Nice tune that fit the style on that one.
I don't go slow enough for Ron to vid me.
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Dec 25, 2011, 07:39 PM
Team 3DHS
Nashville , Tennessee
Joined Jan 2009
5,479 Posts
Nice flying Aron ...
wamsy55 is offline Find More Posts by wamsy55
Old Dec 25, 2011, 07:40 PM
Team Hillbilly
United States, MD, Dundalk
Joined Feb 2009
3,492 Posts
NIce flying Aron. Glad to see your back in the air.
tominator06 is offline Find More Posts by tominator06
Old Dec 25, 2011, 07:48 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Groveport, OH...USA
Joined Nov 2010
10,179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tominator06 View Post
NIce flying Aron. Glad to see your back in the air.
i crashed it the next flight.....its ok though
Old Dec 25, 2011, 07:49 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Groveport, OH...USA
Joined Nov 2010
10,179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamsy55 View Post
Nice flying Aron ...
thanks hero....it was fun thoigh even though all i dod was roll
Old Dec 25, 2011, 08:02 PM
Honeybadger don't care...
Orlando, FL
Joined May 2010
1,833 Posts
Great video, Aron! Nice rollers and that was a spectacular landing! Like the canopy too! I love this machine- maybe the funnest plane currently in my inventory.
Luv3d is online now Find More Posts by Luv3d
Old Dec 25, 2011, 08:14 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Groveport, OH...USA
Joined Nov 2010
10,179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv3d View Post
Great video, Aron! Nice rollers and that was a spectacular landing! Like the canopy too! I love this machine- maybe the funnest plane currently in my inventory.
was scary trying to land with the stuck rudder with the wind at my back trying to take the plane
Old Dec 26, 2011, 05:42 PM
Account Closed
United States, OH, Groveport
Joined Feb 2009
2,014 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronbo111 View Post
Some Christmas Eve flying by aronph
Looking good! Glad to see it flying finally. I am digging the blue canopy
rod.d is offline Find More Posts by rod.d
Old Dec 26, 2011, 07:04 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Groveport, OH...USA
Joined Nov 2010
10,179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rod.d View Post
Looking good! Glad to see it flying finally. I am digging the blue canopy
it was....then it wasnt....then it was now its not....but it will....i think im going to fix the 57 i got off of noll...that way ill have a spare ready to go
Old Dec 29, 2011, 02:08 PM
Hooked on 3DHS
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Nov 2009
908 Posts
Well i lined up the pieces of the motorbox the best i could but i still ended up with some extra right thrust and a little extra spinner gap. decided to go ahead and test it all out in the tight space of my neighborhood again. that was a little scary. my CG was a little nose heavy due to the repairs. that and the right thrust made harriers and hovers quite unstable. not good when you have to harrier land or crash. no other landing options. finally got the feel for it in time for a beautiful harrier landing. think i'm going to deal with the extra spinner gap and add a washer or two on the right to correct it. but it held together so i'm happy to have my daily flyer back.

another thing. i got a new great planes spinner with the aluminum back plate. first off the prop hole is a little big but there doesn't seem to be any centrifugal wobble from it. but i am noticing a rather heavy wobble at the tip of the spinner and at the backplate forward and backwards. the prop is running true though and there isn't any heavy vibrations. just some light ones. has anyone else had a problem like this with those spinners. without the spinner the prop runs true as well.
lammbn is online now Find More Posts by lammbn
Old Dec 29, 2011, 02:44 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Groveport, OH...USA
Joined Nov 2010
10,179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lammbn View Post
Well i lined up the pieces of the motorbox the best i could but i still ended up with some extra right thrust and a little extra spinner gap. decided to go ahead and test it all out in the tight space of my neighborhood again. that was a little scary. my CG was a little nose heavy due to the repairs. that and the right thrust made harriers and hovers quite unstable. not good when you have to harrier land or crash. no other landing options. finally got the feel for it in time for a beautiful harrier landing. think i'm going to deal with the extra spinner gap and add a washer or two on the right to correct it. but it held together so i'm happy to have my daily flyer back.

another thing. i got a new great planes spinner with the aluminum back plate. first off the prop hole is a little big but there doesn't seem to be any centrifugal wobble from it. but i am noticing a rather heavy wobble at the tip of the spinner and at the backplate forward and backwards. the prop is running true though and there isn't any heavy vibrations. just some light ones. has anyone else had a problem like this with those spinners. without the spinner the prop runs true as well.
you will never get all the wobble out...just take the spinner off....i have still yet to run a spinner on a plane....gas would be different story.....maybe
Old Dec 29, 2011, 02:52 PM
MD1 HACK
USA, OH, Wadsworth
Joined Jan 2010
1,301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aronph View Post
you will never get all the wobble out...just take the spinner off....i have still yet to run a spinner on a plane....gas would be different story.....maybe
Not true...if there is any gap in the hole from the spinner to the prop shaft it will cause the wobble. An apc spacer or something similar to close the gap and the wobble should be gone.
joshet89 is offline Find More Posts by joshet89
Old Dec 29, 2011, 03:11 PM
Joined Aug 2010
551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aronph View Post
ski
Thanks.
E-reevo is offline Find More Posts by E-reevo