Old Jul 31, 2014, 05:15 PM
Where o where has my America g
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Aug 2013
52 Posts
Help!
can I get a few ideas on motor size

http://www.nitroplanes.com/ya50nimorare.html
I have this .50 yak 54 I'm converting to electric. I'm new and the motor size throws me guys. I'm in the market to get electronics for it and 1 other plane but I'm at a wall on knowledge.
The yak I want to power for 3d flight but I'm no 3d pilot. I do want a lot of power. Can you suggest esc motor prop and battery size please.
I also need to outfit a fliton edge 540 it has a wingspan of 48 inch I think i need the same for it also thanks
stsguy is offline Find More Posts by stsguy
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 01, 2014, 10:54 AM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,809 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stsguy View Post
http://www.nitroplanes.com/ya50nimorare.html
I have this .50 yak 54 I'm converting to electric. I'm new and the motor size throws me guys. I'm in the market to get electronics for it and 1 other plane but I'm at a wall on knowledge.
The yak I want to power for 3d flight but I'm no 3d pilot. I do want a lot of power. Can you suggest esc motor prop and battery size please.
I also need to outfit a fliton edge 540 it has a wingspan of 48 inch I think i need the same for it also thanks
On the 48" planes I fly the Torque 2814/820 motor with Airboss 45 ESC on 3s with a 13/6.5 or 14/7 propeller, and on 4s with a 12/6 prop. Power is outstanding and reliability is dead solid perfect.

Depending on what your definition of "a lot" of power is, you might even want to set up to the Torque 2812 motor and Airboss 60 ESC which is simply an atomic bomb of a motor. I flew those years ago on on 51" Slicks with 4s packs and a 14/7 prop, and it was simply terrifying.

In either case, since you want "a lot" of power, I would go with 4s.

However, I am sure the 2812 would probably pull the Fliton apart in mere seconds, but it might be ok on the nitro planes airfrane since it is a nitro conversion and probably built pretty stout.

Your only problem may be the lengths of the motors and how they fit inside the cowlings. Check the Extreme Flight site for dimensions.
Doc Austin is online now Find More Posts by Doc Austin