SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:03 PM
Joined Mar 2012
694 Posts
Here's some of the problems I've found with Nitroplanes, and for that matter, the entire Raidentech group with the possible exception of Hobbypartz. First, it seems like once they get the inital order of an item, once they sell through it, they don't re-order. And why don't they offer a back-in-stock notification like everyone else? And the Nitroplanes wbsite is poorly maintained. If you see something, then go back to look at it once it's out of stock,
the usual tree doesn't work, you have to initiate a specific search. For example, the Art Tech F86 4 Channel EDF RC Plane RTF 2.4Ghz(Item#: AT-21557-F86-RTF-24G). It's not listed under the jets section, nor the Art Tech section, so if you didn't catch it when it was a "new item", then you don't know to try a general search.
Valkpilot is offline Find More Posts by Valkpilot
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2013, 08:27 AM
Joined Mar 2012
694 Posts
Went to Hobbypartz today and guess what? They've instituted a notification option. Now for all their other sites.
Valkpilot is offline Find More Posts by Valkpilot
Old Apr 17, 2013, 03:00 PM
Joined Jan 2013
216 Posts
NP update

OK, I have really tried to give NP the benefit of the doubt. This may be the last staw as I do not intend to do business with them again. I ordered a fun little plane from them called the "Blazer". It was shipped promptly and I assembled and flew it. On the third outing, the wing came off in flight. After examining the damage I discovered that the little plastic wing dowel thingies had come unglued, allowing the front of the wing and lift and then be torn off by the air flow. I looked closely and could clearly see that very little glue had been applied by the factory. OK, defective plane. Opened a ticket with NP and sent photos. They offered to replace the wing, motor and prop (motor shaft was bent in the crash). I accepted this, even tho I felt I deserved another plane. I was initially told that the parts were on the way from the manufacturer. Then, a week later, I got a notice telling me that those parts were back ordered. 3 weeks later I still have no parts or no explanation. I went online and asked why and was told that the parts might come in 2 to 4 more weeks. Pretty Vague. It might just be me, but I get the definite impression that no one at NP seems all that concerned that it will take them at least two months to get me the replacement parts (that also tells me that they had no parts available from the beginning for the new plane). I'm pretty sure I'm now done with NP.
daughtry50 is offline Find More Posts by daughtry50
Old Apr 17, 2013, 03:42 PM
United States, CA, Industry
Joined Jan 2011
592 Posts
Hey Daughtry,
I'm sorry to hear that. What was your order number ? I can take a look at it and see what happened or see if we have any spares in the back. If you don't have your order number I can look it up by ur first/last name and zip code. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daughtry50 View Post
OK, I have really tried to give NP the benefit of the doubt. This may be the last staw as I do not intend to do business with them again. I ordered a fun little plane from them called the "Blazer". It was shipped promptly and I assembled and flew it. On the third outing, the wing came off in flight. After examining the damage I discovered that the little plastic wing dowel thingies had come unglued, allowing the front of the wing and lift and then be torn off by the air flow. I looked closely and could clearly see that very little glue had been applied by the factory. OK, defective plane. Opened a ticket with NP and sent photos. They offered to replace the wing, motor and prop (motor shaft was bent in the crash). I accepted this, even tho I felt I deserved another plane. I was initially told that the parts were on the way from the manufacturer. Then, a week later, I got a notice telling me that those parts were back ordered. 3 weeks later I still have no parts or no explanation. I went online and asked why and was told that the parts might come in 2 to 4 more weeks. Pretty Vague. It might just be me, but I get the definite impression that no one at NP seems all that concerned that it will take them at least two months to get me the replacement parts (that also tells me that they had no parts available from the beginning for the new plane). I'm pretty sure I'm now done with NP.
Nitro_Nancy is offline Find More Posts by Nitro_Nancy
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 17, 2013, 05:03 PM
Joined Jan 2013
216 Posts
My name is Ken Daughtry and it was shipped to 30340 in Atlanta. I appreciate your help but what you suggest sounds like something that should have happened immediately, not 5 weeks after the complaint. NP is really good at offering great RC products at good prices and you ship quickly. Could it be that you simply don't have enough help in the customer service department or maybe your help doesn't have the authority to really help people. I really don't mean to sound negative but this is negative, not a good way to treat a customer. I sometimes buy from a local hobby shop. About a year ago I purchased a Parkzone Trojan from them and the motor fried on the first flight, melting half the cowl. (I was using the battery that came with the plane). I took the plane back and showed it to them. They took it back and gave me another one off the shelf. Sadly, we don't often get that kind of service anymore. That's why I will probably pay more locally and buy locally in the future. Thanks again.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 05:19 PM
Joined Jan 2013
216 Posts
For Nitro Nancy. I do appreciate you following this and trying to help. Let me relate another issue I had with NP while I was working in Puerto Rico (2011 to just recently). I tried to order the Dynam Cub and the order went through initially. Then, a couple days later, I was sent an e-mail telling me they had canceled the order and explained it was because the wingspan of the plane was more than 55 inches. I had RC friends in PR that also ran into this problem, forcing them to only buy smaller planes from NP. There aren't many hobby stores in PR and the stuff in most of them is expensive. Anyway, I asked why they would not ship a plane to PR with more than a 55 inch span. I was told that was NP policy. That did not explain why and no matter how many times I asked I was not told WHY. I checked with the Post Office (priority mail) in Puerto Rico and in California and was told there was no restriction on wingspan, only size of the box (length, width and girth). I checked further and found that the cub, as well as many planes with 50 to 60 inch WS came in boxes that were small enough to ship priority mail. I would like to add that local hobby shops sold planes with spans of 50 inches or more and they get them shipped to them (same priority mail) with no problem. I would also like to add that in the process of trying to solve this mystery, the max span that could be shipped mysteriously shrank from 55 inches to 48 inches. That policy (if it still is in place) is costing you sales in Puerto Rico. Please don't tell me that is international shipping because it is not, it is USPS Priority mail and the Post Office in PR is the same as the Post Office in the states. Sorry this is so long.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 12:14 PM
Joined Jan 2013
216 Posts
Wow, I was really hoping to find out about the "great wingspan no ship policy" at NP. As for my Blazer parts, I'm still waiting, guess I have no other choice.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 11:50 AM
Joined Jan 2013
216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro_Nancy View Post
Hey Daughtry,
I'm sorry to hear that. What was your order number ? I can take a look at it and see what happened or see if we have any spares in the back. If you don't have your order number I can look it up by ur first/last name and zip code. Thanks!
OK, replied to this request and have not seen any reply for several days. You could at least respond to tell me you were not able to speed up the process. Again, I do appreciate your attempt to help.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 02:15 PM
United States, CA, Industry
Joined Jan 2011
592 Posts
Hey Daughtry50,
I'm sorry for the delayed reply. I took a look at your order and we sent you an email on regards to the parts being out of stock which are the1x main wing, 1x motor, and 1x prop. Let me double check with the warehouse for you. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience! If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to PM me anytime! Thanks Ken!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daughtry50 View Post
OK, replied to this request and have not seen any reply for several days. You could at least respond to tell me you were not able to speed up the process. Again, I do appreciate your attempt to help.
Nitro_Nancy is offline Find More Posts by Nitro_Nancy
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 25, 2013, 08:05 AM
Joined Jan 2013
216 Posts
Thanks
Old Jun 14, 2013, 09:39 AM
2 many planes...2 little time!
United Kingdom, East Kilbride
Joined Dec 2012
474 Posts
We all seem to have frustrating issues with NP!

Last October I managed to get a CMP (Flying Dreams) Discus 2.6 metre sailplane in the UK after seeing it out of stock at NP for what seemed like forever! When I got back to Canada in November, I decided to go for the CMP Ventus from NP as it WAS in stock...and of course, the Discus was not. I placed the order, and a week later received an email that it had been cancelled. Reason..."1/6th scale or larger models are unable to be shipped to Canada"
Okay, I wanted the model, and created a US shipping address about two hours drive one way from my place... reordered it.... and the got model in VERY good time!!
I was pleased. In fact, I was so pleased with the sailplane and the quick service from NP once the shipping issue had been resolved, that in late December, I ordered a second Ventus from them.
It was NOT showing 'out of stock' when I placed my order. By January 8th, I received an email stating it WAS out of stock. After a lot of persistence, I finally got into the 'chat' and was told that the product was on the way from the manufacturer and wouldn't be more than a couple of weeks. I waited...... more than two weeks...... I contacted them again..... I explained that I needed it to be shipped by mid March or I would be overseas and would not be able to pick it up from my US address.
I was told not to worry, it would be here in time. End of February, got on the chat once again and was told delivery would be another four to six weeks.... I cancelled my order, and went to another online shop and ordered a Flyzone Beaver! (no one else had the Ventus, so I gave up on a second one..and was now looking at the Beaver thread here... and impressed)

The Beaver was shipped and at my US address two days later!!!

It is now mid June...and according to NP's website, the Ventus is STILL not in stock! Maybe I missed the couple of days it was if they actually DID have any...but I doubt it very much!
VERY bad customer service and communication. And yes... an 'in stock' notification option is a VERY good idea. HK does it, and I was notified immediately when the ASW I was looking at was back in stock.

I received a nice 'Fathers Day' specials email from NP and would have bought the Dynam Sonic ARF in a heartbeat, but after the Ventus episode, I'm not going to... at least not from NP! It shows in stock, but I doubt it!

As has been mentioned already...... when most of your advertised products are always out of stock, your credibility goes away, and as a result, so do your customers.
Sad...
windysailor is offline Find More Posts by windysailor
Old Jun 14, 2013, 09:53 AM
Joined Jan 2013
216 Posts
To Windysailer, very similar to my experience. I really do not like the "ticket" thing. I am sure it is cheaper for NP to do it that way but not always good for the customer. As for not shipping planes with wingspans of more than 50 or 60 inches (whatever it is, it seems to change every time I ask) to Canada or Puerto Rico, I have no idea why that policy exists. I've tried to get NP to tell me why and all I get is that is the NP policy and apparently they do not know why. What a mystery! Anyway, except for ordering a replacement fuse I could not get anywhere else, I will no longer do business with NP.