HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 17, 2013, 10:05 AM
Joined Oct 2010
209 Posts
3 or 4 bladed heavy props are not very good option for small waterboats/hovercrafts as Ive tryed it out myself too...

I like your build - nice quality build. Beautiful to watch!
piito is offline Find More Posts by piito
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 17, 2013, 04:21 PM
Build something.
United States, CT, Fairfield
Joined Mar 2012
696 Posts
I broke my fancy 3 bladed prop on the first day so I'm now using a 2 blader anyway.

I'm still not a hundred percent happy with this design, I have a few improvements I'd like to try. I'll post more about that when I get around to it.
Nodd is online now Find More Posts by Nodd
Old May 07, 2014, 04:18 PM
Joined Jan 2011
97 Posts
Dang man im looking at building my first airboat from scraping up various parts, would love a set of templates if ya get them finished
SRWitt is offline Find More Posts by SRWitt
Old May 07, 2014, 11:42 PM
Build something.
Joined Mar 2012
696 Posts
Unfortunately this project has been put on hold somewhat. I've been distracted with lots of other fun stuff. I really can't say when I'll get around to finalizing my design & making plans available but rest assured it is on my to-do-list. Sorry I know that's likely not much use to you right now though.
Old May 08, 2014, 12:04 AM
Joined Jan 2011
97 Posts
Not a big deal, it is a nice looking design.
SRWitt is offline Find More Posts by SRWitt
Old Aug 18, 2014, 01:56 PM
Joined Aug 2014
2 Posts
Hey Nodd!

I built a more basic version of your airboat yesterday, since the nearest airplane field is half a mile away and there's a pond at the bottom of my road

After my test models, I have decided to make a new one out of depron build log (hopefully!) coming soon!
RCExplorerUK is offline Find More Posts by RCExplorerUK
Old Aug 18, 2014, 03:56 PM
Build something.
Joined Mar 2012
696 Posts
Good deal.

I ran my airboat at a float-fly event recently. I'm still not happy with the hull. When running at speed she tends to list slightly to either the port or starboard when running in a straight line. It's hard to describe exactly but I'll try... she'll be leaning to the right slightly, I'll feed in left rudder, she'll continue to lean to the right, feed in more rudder & suddenly she snaps over & leans in the other direction. She's fine while turning but running in a straight line is a challenge. I have some ideas how to fix this but for now I'm busy restoring a giant scale sailplane. Lots to do, so little time.

Best of luck with your Depron version.