SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 09, 2014, 05:04 PM
Flightcomp.com
United States, CA, Torrance
Joined Apr 2006
1,652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kin View Post
if you like a transportation box for your models when you are go competition or long trip delivery , please let me know . I doing the transportation box now for F3J models. or you can visit www.smartmodel.com.hk or e mail me wankin007@yahoo.com.hk
Is this kosher on RCgroups?
ak79 is online now Find More Posts by ak79
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 09, 2014, 06:24 PM
Have you seen my Cobra?
Thousand Oaks, CA
Joined Mar 2004
2,567 Posts
Yes, it's allowed and welcome. Kin's post was tasteful and on topic but RCG rules don't actually require either:
Quote:
"We allow one advertisement per week per forum per user. An advertisement is any content designed to sell or publicize an event, good, or service. Note that certain areas of the site (including the classifieds and vendor sections) are exempt from this rule."
vespa is online now Find More Posts by vespa
Old Sep 09, 2014, 06:26 PM
Flightcomp.com
United States, CA, Torrance
Joined Apr 2006
1,652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vespa View Post
Yes, it's allowed and welcome. Kin's post was tasteful and on topic but RCG rules don't actually require either:
Just checking
ak79 is online now Find More Posts by ak79
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 09, 2014, 06:53 PM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,552 Posts
Personally, I'd prefer to see a separate thread on the topic, its kind of random. Its not specific to this plane, other than maybe it has a two piece wing and therefore is a longer problem to transport. But it would be the same with a perfection. Kin is a good guy and I know that he means no harm at all.

I wonder if the poster with the Vixen got the up throw issue he mentioned sorted out and if so, what the solution was for him.

Vr,
Target
target is offline Find More Posts by target
Old Sep 09, 2014, 07:19 PM
Self confessed Aeroholic
Australia, QLD, Elimbah
Joined Jan 2005
1,463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vespa View Post
The wings are too long for the boxes anyway

Edit:- I just saw the other thread re custom sizing
Larrikin is offline Find More Posts by Larrikin
Old Sep 14, 2014, 03:27 PM
Self confessed Aeroholic
Australia, QLD, Elimbah
Joined Jan 2005
1,463 Posts
Happy Birthday to me

So ... I turned 50 over the weekend and to my surprise (literally) I got me a Vixen. Lucky boy . It's been on the Wish List from the first time I saw it.

Has it been determined what the two holes are for at the extreme ends of the canopy recess and/or the two thin pieces of preformed carbon?
Thanks
David
Last edited by Larrikin; Sep 14, 2014 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Added pic
Old Sep 14, 2014, 03:49 PM
Thermal Wrangler
Launceston Tasmania
Joined Mar 2004
2,093 Posts
Congrats David.
Now where are the photos, unboxing, bikini models etc etc ?
DrFragnasty is offline Find More Posts by DrFragnasty
Old Sep 14, 2014, 04:10 PM
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Sep 2008
2,461 Posts
Wow. Congrats on both david ! And pics of models in bikini ... haha
AlpineDSacro is offline Find More Posts by AlpineDSacro
Old Yesterday, 03:04 AM
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Sep 2008
2,461 Posts
Wow thats very sexy ! I agree better than bikini models..
AlpineDSacro is offline Find More Posts by AlpineDSacro
Old Yesterday, 05:17 AM
Self confessed Aeroholic
Australia, QLD, Elimbah
Joined Jan 2005
1,463 Posts
Thanks lads,

However, back to the original question ... Has it been determined what the two holes are for at the extreme ends of the canopy recess and/or the two thin pieces of preformed carbon?

Thanks
Old Yesterday, 06:49 AM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,552 Posts
I never figured it out.
I made a "double" standard canopy hold down wire on the one that I built, and to the best of my knowledge, it is still working for the owner.
The example of Vixen I had has two holes in the molding separated by a land between them. This caused me to go the route of "dual" hold down rods, one fore and one aft. It works.

R,
Target
target is offline Find More Posts by target
Last edited by target; Yesterday at 12:33 PM.
Old Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Fort Worth, TX
Joined Dec 2007
93 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrikin View Post
Thanks lads,

However, back to the original question ... Has it been determined what the two holes are for at the extreme ends of the canopy recess and/or the two thin pieces of preformed carbon?

Thanks
Likewise...never figured this out. I posted the same question last year. Some head scratching but no definitive answers. I've simply ignored them, installed a 1/16" carbon rod like every other molded canopy I've seen and all is well. I can post a pic if needed but it may be self explanatory.

I use the Zepsus magnetic switch so I don't remove the canopy except for charging the battery. Otherwise, a couple of strips of tape (front and rear or one each side) and you are good to go! If you go with the magnetic switch, you don't really need and canopy hold down other than the tape. Highly recommend the Zepsus.

Cheers
adodad is offline Find More Posts by adodad