HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 22, 2012, 08:35 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2012
151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbrother View Post
Hi,my friend and I tested the bgl system on my 450heli again,it works great,but I have another question,could it be installed on airplane,or used on quadcopter?
Hello Badbrother,

If you want to used on airplane,we have a 3G-A unit,this is used specially for airplane.for quadcopter,we don't have controller system for the moment,if you need many,we could design and produce it.

thanks
bigaoleamy is offline Find More Posts by bigaoleamy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 29, 2012, 02:53 AM
China, Jiangsu, Wuxi
Joined Apr 2012
50 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaoleamy View Post
Hello Badbrother,

If you want to used on airplane,we have a 3G-A unit,this is used specially for airplane.for quadcopter,we don't have controller system for the moment,if you need many,we could design and produce it.

thanks
3G-A what is its model?
Superior Hobby is offline Find More Posts by Superior Hobby
Old Oct 30, 2012, 09:51 PM
nhy
Brazil, MS, Nova Andradina
Joined Sep 2012
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajile View Post
What features makes one better than the other?
When flying e-heli,the performance is the same,but come to nitro heli,the tail lock is betther than beastX.
nhy is offline Find More Posts by nhy
Old Oct 30, 2012, 10:51 PM
China, Jiangsu, Wuxi
Joined Apr 2012
50 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhy View Post
When flying e-heli,the performance is the same,but come to nitro heli,the tail lock is betther than beastX.
Small promotion on Flybarless system (BGL007-007) from 31th this Oct.

http://www.superior-hobby.com/flybar...7007-p-98.html
Old Nov 05, 2012, 08:14 PM
CP heli ≠ 3D heli
United States, NJ, Point Pleasant Beach
Joined Mar 2009
1,674 Posts
Does anyone have a link to a good guide on setting up the cx3x1000?

I can't figure out what all the settings are for and can't make my heli fly at all. It either drifts or wobbles. I had a different idea of a flybarless system after flying the mCPx.

So far I think that a flybar is FAR easier to set up correctly.
Gedexas is offline Find More Posts by Gedexas
Old Nov 07, 2012, 04:58 AM
China, Jiangsu, Wuxi
Joined Apr 2012
50 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gedexas View Post
Does anyone have a link to a good guide on setting up the cx3x1000?

I can't figure out what all the settings are for and can't make my heli fly at all. It either drifts or wobbles. I had a different idea of a flybarless system after flying the mCPx.

So far I think that a flybar is FAR easier to set up correctly.
Thanks, you may send email directly to after-service email:service@bglmodel.com and they will explain it more professionally.
Old Nov 08, 2012, 07:50 PM
CP heli ≠ 3D heli
Joined Mar 2009
1,674 Posts
I figured out what my problem is. The cx3x1000 can't operate the swashplate in heading hold mode.

The cx3x1000 is good for what is costs, but my helicopter is tail heavy, and that's why I was having problems. It keeps drifting. I tried raising the gain, but it just starts to oscilate.

I was fooled by the mCPx into thinking that every FBL behaves that way, since I can stick a bunch of heavy tail motors and it still flies with no drift, I guess not with the cx3x1000.

Maybe in the future, there will be a firmware update with a fix for that, like a hiller decay adjustment.

So in conclusion, my helicopter with the cx3x1000 flies about as good as it did with the flybar, not exactly the rock solid locked in feeling one would expect from a FBL gyro. Edit: Also, there is no way to adjust the phasing.
Last edited by Gedexas; Nov 08, 2012 at 07:58 PM.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 10:22 PM
Joined Mar 2011
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superior Hobby View Post
Thanks, you may send email directly to after-service email:service@bglmodel.com and they will explain it more professionally.
Copter X 3X 1000 is not fabricated by Bigaole,by Copterx,if Copterx couldn't help you to solve this problem,Bigaole might could help you in some extent,I guess.
henriquedetonrc is offline Find More Posts by henriquedetonrc
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:22 AM
CP heli ≠ 3D heli
Joined Mar 2009
1,674 Posts
I don't think it's manufactured by CopterX either. I have seen at least one other name printed on the same unit and a program box.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 05:48 PM
San Jacinto, California
Joined Jan 2004
440 Posts
Anyone have an opinion on a Black Widow 3 ???
segdohbird is offline Find More Posts by segdohbird
Old Nov 13, 2012, 06:14 PM
CP heli ≠ 3D heli
Joined Mar 2009
1,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by segdohbird View Post
Anyone have an opinion on a Black Widow 3 ???
Appears to be exactly the same as the Robird unit, except costs ten more bucks. From what I have seen, the Robird flies fairly good.

I am going to purchase the Robird unit in the near future, since I'm a little upset about the cx3x1000. If anyone wants to help fund my Robird purchase, they can have my cx3x1000, the programming unit and the USB cable for, how about, 45 (obo) bucks shipped.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 05:42 AM
China, Jiangsu, Wuxi
Joined Apr 2012
50 Posts
Quote:
Appears to be exactly the same as the Robird unit, except costs ten more bucks. From what I have seen, the Robird flies fairly good.

I am going to purchase the Robird unit in the near future, since I'm a little upset about the cx3x1000. If anyone wants to help fund my Robird purchase, they can have my cx3x1000, the programming unit and the USB cable for, how about, 45 (obo) bucks shipped.
Can you send me sale link of Robird?
Old Nov 15, 2012, 08:49 AM
CP heli ≠ 3D heli
Joined Mar 2009
1,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superior Hobby View Post
Can you send me sale link of Robird?
I found it at the HobbyKing website. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ss_System.html

There are at least two more brands selling the same unit with their name on it. One of them is the ALZRC 3gy and the other one I forgot. All cost about the same (within $10 of each other) when you figure in the shipping cost.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 06:32 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2010
1,739 Posts
Quote:
I was fooled by the mCPx into thinking that every FBL behaves that way, since I can stick a bunch of heavy tail motors and it still flies with no drift, I guess not with the cx3x1000.
No experience with the cheapies (beastX and up here) but all the good FBL systems work much better then the MCPx (they have piro compensation for starters).

If you want something easy to set up, you need to look at the more expensive controllers. The beastX is pretty simple to setup and I have never seen someone fail to get it in the air (maybe not perfect but certainly flyable) with the default settings.
desertstalker is offline Find More Posts by desertstalker
Old Nov 15, 2012, 06:47 PM
CP heli ≠ 3D heli
Joined Mar 2009
1,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertstalker View Post
No experience with the cheapies (beastX and up here) but all the good FBL systems work much better then the MCPx (they have piro compensation for starters).

If you want something easy to set up, you need to look at the more expensive controllers. The beastX is pretty simple to setup and I have never seen someone fail to get it in the air (maybe not perfect but certainly flyable) with the default settings.
I know, I'm just testing the cheap gyros partly for fun and partly to try and see if they work just as good. So far the $30 gyro works about as good as the flybar, maybe a little worse, but definitely flyable. Let's see what I'll get with the $90 gyro when it gets here.