SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by LBJ, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 07, 2012, 09:56 AM
LBJ
Fort Worth, Texas
Joined Nov 2007
702 Posts
Help!
Home Design CAD for Mac's?

Anyone know of a free (or inexpensive) CAD application for a Mac with OS 10.7 software?Need it to design and layout a 40' x 60' metal barn I want to have for a shop and living area all in one.

Doesn't have to be able to design a complex building, just some basic stuff like the outside structure and inside room layouts.

Thanks, LBJ
lanecrab@charter.net
LBJ is offline Find More Posts by LBJ
Old Mar 10, 2012, 10:34 PM
WAA-08 Survivor
Joined May 2004
2,644 Posts
I would highly recommend google Sketchup. It's free for the basic program, and far easier to learn than traditional CAD.

Take the tour video and visit a few tutorials and you will be able to determine if it is something you want to learn.

Both the google homepage and youtube have excellent tutorial videos. It's really an amazing program, and within an evening or two you would be able to draw a basic floor plan. Invest a little more time and you will be able to make an accurate 3d drawing of your project.
Griffin is offline Find More Posts by Griffin
Old Mar 10, 2012, 11:18 PM
LBJ
Fort Worth, Texas
Joined Nov 2007
702 Posts
Griffin, in the mean time I downloaded a freebie. It worked, but seemed to consume my memory to the point that my E-Mail no longer worked correctly. I made a basic 3D drawing and that was cool to twirl around. But it wouldn't make a roof line for me. I figured my E-Mail was more important than CAD.

I may try Sketchup. Thanks for the tip. LBJ
LBJ is offline Find More Posts by LBJ