HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 01, 2012, 08:19 AM
Windsor, Canada, near Detroit
Joined Jul 2007
4,877 Posts
Discussion
wish list-what would you like to have?

am starting a 'wish list' so anybody can daydream and tell what he would like to have.
something that any manufacturer, large or small, can make or create for us to use.
like radios, motors, airplane plans, kits, ready-to-fly, mounts, gearboxes, devices, programs, simulators, adapters, connectors, you name it.
this could let potential manufacturers hear what we the people need or wish we could have.
also, if some1 knows that it is already being made or sold, he can tell us here.
this way we all learn where to get it.

for instance, am starting with the 1st 3. bring your ideas. i will post them here.

1.-lightweight folding props-and their hubs-for ultra-micros like the horizon's.
2.-props of different colors of the already available.
3.-rubber spinners similar to those on horizon's ultra-micros, to match other props. and here come your ideas:
4.- narrow, programmable 4ch/5ch radio-not as wide as the DX4e (by boredom.is.me)
5.- UNBREAKABLE props 5x3 and 6x3-any material (by miatamama)
6.-$20 spektrum 6400 -Meaning DSM2 with onboard servos (miatamama)
7.-60g thrust w/motor and prop same weight as 8.5, and 1x160 or 180 mah (miatamama)
8.- Micro servos that are not the linear kind, but just as light (numanair)
9.- working scale model RC bricks.(PeteSchug)
Half scale would be neat, quarter scale might be tough to work with.
Half scale bricks would make peanut and even pistachio RC planes a reality.
That means planes in a scale equiv. to HH's small heli's and a size that makes a small gym seem large.
10.-the brick on the scout, made to be used on other aircraft (boredom):
http://www.bladehelis.com/Products/D...ProdId=BLH2700
11.- a small 1m or less Dlg that's easy to setup (Derk)
12.- a full power, DSM2 5 ch radio the size of large PDA, something i can slip in my jacket and go fly with (nemoskull)
13.-gearbox w/brushless motor of same weight as brushed 8 on horizon ultra micros that fits.
14.- A robust slow 4 channel indoor fixed wing, suggest Extra 300 3D electronics on a Night Vapour type airframe with Ailerons, design priority must be ability to withstand frequent crashes, easy to repair and reliable components ( gr4ndp4 )
15.- A 20x40 screen would be awesome (boredom...)
16.-3 channels radios with rudder on left stick
phil alvirez is offline Find More Posts by phil alvirez
Last edited by phil alvirez; Mar 27, 2012 at 05:27 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 01, 2012, 08:37 AM
Joined Jul 2007
4,877 Posts
1.-folding props for um

i myself would like to have folding props for my ultra-micros (um).
could be the kind that matches the original shaft, where the prop just screws-on. and we need them for other motors (shafts) too.
i have been using folding props, the blades made by graupner, carbon-filled, that are perfect. but they make them for larger, heavier hubs/motors/shafts. even the small 6"diameter is too heavy for the um.
we need blades like the 1s of the gws 6/3 prop, which, by the way, the whole prop weighs about 2 grams. these blades could be molded from plastic similar to the 1 used on the gws, or carbon-filled like the graupners. ideally both options. but same design and about same weight of the gws, which is an excellent prop as it is. the hub should be aluminum or carbon filled. strong but light. if we already have excellent folding props for larger motors, why not for the most popular class? apc-that makes excellent props-makes some folders, but the hub is made of same material of the prop, and besides being too bulky, it lacks the precision needed for the task.

more about this later.
Last edited by phil alvirez; Mar 01, 2012 at 09:17 AM.
Old Mar 01, 2012, 08:38 AM
Joined Jul 2007
4,877 Posts
2.-props of other colors

i would like to get props on other colors of the already available-that i know.
i have been asking gws to make theirs on other colors besides gray, black and orange, but they refuse, on the grounds that the dealers would have to have more on their inventory. how about that? this reminds me of ford, who at the beginning made cars only on black. look around now!
i myself would like to have some hi visibility like white, silver, red, yellow, that would match my plane's colors.
i have seen some advertized on other colors, but they are other makes and can't recollect who sells them.
more on this follows.
Last edited by phil alvirez; Mar 02, 2012 at 09:49 AM.
Old Mar 01, 2012, 08:40 AM
Joined Jul 2007
4,877 Posts
3.-rubber spinners

what about rubber spinners for ultra-micros that use other motors/props?
horizon sells rubber spinners that fit their ultra-micros, and, besides improving the looks of the poor things, are of great help to absorv impacts and save the gearbox-and the plane.
but for some like me, that use other small motors as well, to have spinners that fit other props, like the gws 6/3 or 7/3.5, would be of great use.
perhaps even in red color, like the 1s that cox used on their motors years ago.
also spinners could be made of something else, like foam. there are some already in the market.
more details follow.
Last edited by phil alvirez; Mar 01, 2012 at 09:27 AM.
Old Mar 01, 2012, 10:02 AM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
United States, GA, Buford
Joined Nov 2007
6,496 Posts
4.-programmable 4ch/5ch radio

The idea is to have a radio the size of the Dx4e, but not so wide. It would compliment micros better than a Dx6i.
boredom.is.me is offline Find More Posts by boredom.is.me
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RFD900 Case
Old Mar 01, 2012, 11:13 AM
miataman
Erie Pa.
Joined Oct 2007
667 Posts
I like the prop ideas. But I would like UNBREAKABLE props 5x3 and 6x3

and 20:00 spectrum 6400's
and a 1 cell motor with 60g thrust

JCS
miatamama is offline Find More Posts by miatamama
Old Mar 01, 2012, 11:31 AM
Joined Jul 2007
4,877 Posts
more data

Quote:
Originally Posted by miatamama View Post
I like the prop ideas. But I would like UNBREAKABLE props 5x3 and 6x3

and 20:00 spectrum 6400's
and a 1 cell motor with 60g thrust

JCS
some more details please:
1.-unbreakable means something like carbon?
2.- 20:00 spectrum 6400? meaning $20.00?
3.- 1 cell motor with 60g thrust: i got 60 gr with a 1015 with a micron gearbox with ball bearings on 1x240 cell and a 7/3.5 gws prop.
Old Mar 01, 2012, 06:56 PM
miataman
Erie Pa.
Joined Oct 2007
667 Posts
Phil, unbreakable, made out of whwtever would just flex and not break when bouncing off the Gym floor.
Yes $20;00 Meaning DSM2 with onboard servos. I love the HK 415's but they dont have onboard servos.

1 cell motor weighing same as the pz 8.5mm I have tried the the other gear box you spoke of on your blog and I dont get the thrust you do. 60g of thrust having to use a heavier battery and motor is just off setting building lighter. I need 60g thrust from a 1 cell 160 or 180 batt.
That is my wish list but I may have to wait a couple years more to see any of these things.
JCS
miatamama is offline Find More Posts by miatamama
Old Mar 01, 2012, 07:01 PM
United States, WA, Kirkland
Joined Sep 2010
288 Posts
Micro servos that are not the linear kind, but just as light.
numanair is offline Find More Posts by numanair
Old Mar 02, 2012, 01:23 AM
Joined Jul 2007
4,877 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miatamama View Post
Phil, unbreakable, made out of whwtever would just flex and not break when bouncing off the Gym floor.
Yes $20;00 Meaning DSM2 with onboard servos. I love the HK 415's but they dont have onboard servos.

1 cell motor weighing same as the pz 8.5mm I have tried the the other gear box you spoke of on your blog and I dont get the thrust you do. 60g of thrust having to use a heavier battery and motor is just off setting building lighter. I need 60g thrust from a 1 cell 160 or 180 batt.
That is my wish list but I may have to wait a couple years more to see any of these things.
JCS
good that now you specify more details. from this i think you want that the total weight to be the same, and that would include the prop, that also has to be the same or the same weight as the original.
Old Mar 02, 2012, 01:27 AM
Elmhurst, NY (Queens in NYC)
Joined Apr 2004
7,042 Posts
I'd like working scale model RC bricks.

Half scale would be neat, quarter scale might be tough to work with.

Half scale bricks would make peanut and even pistachio RC planes a reality.

That means planes in a scale equiv. to HH's small heli's and a size that makes a small gym seem large.

Pete
PeteSchug is offline Find More Posts by PeteSchug
Old Mar 02, 2012, 07:36 AM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
Joined Nov 2007
6,496 Posts
^^^ The brick they have in the Scout incredibly small. Too bad it can't be used for anything other than than what it is made for. It's got a really good head holding gyro on it.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 02, 2012, 09:38 AM
Joined Jul 2007
4,877 Posts
show it

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredom.is.me View Post
^^^ The brick they have in the Scout incredibly small. Too bad it can't be used for anything other than than what it is made for. It's got a really good head holding gyro on it.
pics?
Old Mar 02, 2012, 11:05 AM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
Joined Nov 2007
6,496 Posts
I wish, but I didn't take any. I got two, one for my lil cousin and the other for my lil sis. Both of which do not live in the same state as me.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 02, 2012, 12:43 PM
Joined Jul 2007
4,877 Posts
say what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredom.is.me View Post
I wish, but I didn't take any. I got two, one for my lil cousin and the other for my lil sis. Both of which do not live in the same state as me.
then could be interesting to learn more about the scout. what is it? specs, part number, maker?
but above all, your wish is that you would like to have the brick on the scout made so it could be used on other aircraft?