HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 22, 2011, 08:28 AM
I hate winter!
Canada, ON, Barrie
Joined Jul 2011
1,737 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviefly View Post
I bet they do too, though that geebee is one sweet looking little thing.
Yeah it's a thing alright.
binaryclock is offline Find More Posts by binaryclock
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2011, 08:53 AM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
LOL. Take it you won't be getting one then. I think I would have one but only after the Beast.
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Oct 22, 2011, 09:55 AM
I fly em', there for I am.
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Feb 2009
667 Posts
Man, I've always wanted a Gee Bee and I can't wait till this one comes out. It's got a nostalgic look to it. My daughters thinks it's either the funniest or coolest plane they've seen. I tell you what, if the Gee Bee was being released before the Beast, I'd be getting the Gee Bee for sure!! Still going to get both but, I'm just sayin'.
SBOTI74 is offline Find More Posts by SBOTI74
Old Oct 22, 2011, 09:57 AM
There is Victory in the Lord!
United States, GA, Locust Grove
Joined Feb 2011
842 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maukabud View Post

So who wants my NIB V1.......?
still got it?
knifeedge63 is offline Find More Posts by knifeedge63
Old Oct 22, 2011, 10:50 AM
HELP I AM BEING SET UP!!
United States, OR, Deschutes
Joined Jul 2009
3,940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by knifeedge63 View Post
still got it?
So solly, sold, packed, and shipped out already my man!!

Sure didn't take long eh?

Bud, fast-mover Bud
maukabud is offline Find More Posts by maukabud
Old Oct 22, 2011, 10:53 AM
HELP I AM BEING SET UP!!
Joined Jul 2009
3,940 Posts
new fun thread...

Dive in, be imaginative, have fun....

"What AS3X aircraft would you like to see developed?"

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...8#post19664828
Old Oct 22, 2011, 11:26 AM
McCarthy, Alaska
Joined Jun 2004
1,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBOTI74 View Post
Man, I've always wanted a Gee Bee and I can't wait till this one comes out. It's got a nostalgic look to it. My daughters thinks it's either the funniest or coolest plane they've seen. I tell you what, if the Gee Bee was being released before the Beast, I'd be getting the Gee Bee for sure!! Still going to get both but, I'm just sayin'.
I have been flying the Gee Bee on Realflight and it flys soooo much better than it looks like it could. Slows down to a crawl and very stable. I don't know how "real-world" it is, but I think I want to try this new model for sure.
WSEN is offline Find More Posts by WSEN
Old Oct 22, 2011, 06:57 PM
Suspended Account
United Kingdom, Swansea
Joined Mar 2011
2,225 Posts
Hmmmm
If the control surfaces are going to be adjusted numerous time per second in bumpy flight conditions isn't that going to ruin the servos pretty quick ?

Really keen on this new Beast
TeeJayBee is offline Find More Posts by TeeJayBee
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 22, 2011, 07:01 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeJayBee View Post
Hmmmm
If the control surfaces are going to be adjusted numerous time per second in bumpy flight conditions isn't that going to ruin the servos pretty quick ?

If one assumes "use" is the same as "ruin".
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Oct 22, 2011, 07:08 PM
McCarthy, Alaska
Joined Jun 2004
1,133 Posts
Company spokesman said that is part or maybe all the reason they changed the servos on the new models.
WSEN is offline Find More Posts by WSEN
Old Oct 22, 2011, 07:26 PM
HELP I AM BEING SET UP!!
Joined Jul 2009
3,940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeJayBee View Post
Hmmmm

Hmm, now that's a very insightful observation...

Doesn't ruin them...they just get carbon buildup much faster...

...those of us who own and frequently fly the MCPx CP heli have resigned ourselves to the the fact that the servos need to be on a fairly rigorous maintenance schedule...possibly for this very reason. After all (correct me if I'm wrong) the MCPx FBL gyro system is the granddaddy of the AS3X system....

Bud, always has a spare clean servo ready Bud
Old Oct 22, 2011, 07:37 PM
Joined Feb 2011
842 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maukabud View Post

...those of us who own and frequently fly the MCPx CP heli have resigned ourselves to the the fact that the servos need to be on a fairly rigorous maintenance schedule...possibly for this very reason. After all (correct me if I'm wrong) the MCPx FBL gyro system is the granddaddy of the AS3X system....
I am looking at getting a MCPX.. can you enlighten me on this "maintenance schedule" ?
Old Oct 22, 2011, 08:23 PM
The Master of Disaster
Joplin MO
Joined May 2009
168 Posts
As to the point of weather its cheating or not, I say if thats the case go ahead and send back your fancy radios with the premixed channels, and endpoint adjustments, and expo, and dual rates. Its all cheating to that end, I remember when we had none of it, And I cherish the day that I was able to purchase my first computerized radio, holy cow what a day. I have a feeling that, what you are seing here will be the same thing.
After you fly your buddys you will go Ive got to have one of those it feels right. Dont just pass it off as a cheaters patch to 3D Use it as a tool to make your flights more fun and get more out of your models. Besides Ive seen alot of you fly and your never going to be 3D pilots with out it. LOL LOL .........
Jairoblaster is offline Find More Posts by Jairoblaster
Old Oct 22, 2011, 08:30 PM
The Master of Disaster
Joplin MO
Joined May 2009
168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulinfrance View Post
Yes of course, 1 module for my Robbe FX-30 another for my Robbe FC-18V3+
and while we are there, how do i fit a module into my Futaba 6ex ?.
All I can say to that is wait till you need some service on your futaba radio, then you will understand why we all use spektrum, and JR radios. It made a beliver out of me. Now when I drop a G for a radio I know my radio is covered for the actual time of the warrenty and and a few cases much longer. There Service is Holy cow good. MY 2 Cents
Jairoblaster is offline Find More Posts by Jairoblaster
Old Oct 22, 2011, 08:31 PM
Joined Feb 2011
842 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jairoblaster View Post
As to the point of weather its cheating or not, I say if thats the case go ahead and send back your fancy radios with the premixed channels, and endpoint adjustments, and expo, and dual rates. Its all cheating to that end, I remember when we had none of it, And I cherish the day that I was able to purchase my first computerized radio, holy cow what a day. I have a feeling that, what you are seing here will be the same thing.
After you fly your buddys you will go Ive got to have one of those it feels right. Dont just pass it off as a cheaters patch to 3D Use it as a tool to make your flights more fun and get more out of your models. Besides Ive seen alot of you fly and your never going to be 3D pilots with out it. LOL LOL .........
preach it! LOL. Every one takes it all to seriously. Come on guys!! ITS A HOBBY, ITS MEANT TO BE FUN!