HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 31, 2011, 07:45 PM
TECH for XaircraftAmerica!
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,314 Posts
just don't arm the motors. put the throttle stick down and to the left. like in my video. You don't need to disconect the motors.
tc3wins is online now Find More Posts by tc3wins
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 31, 2011, 08:01 PM
Waiting for my Medication
USA, MA, West Springfield
Joined Nov 2010
1,163 Posts
tc3wins to the rescue again. Was just gonna call or pm you on how to do that. I thought that was the way but wasn't sure. You sure you don't wanna transfer north?? LOL
seadog1967 is offline Find More Posts by seadog1967
Old Mar 31, 2011, 08:04 PM
TECH for XaircraftAmerica!
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,314 Posts
I like where I am stationed at the moment. ok off to work now. It is my Friday. Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!
tc3wins is online now Find More Posts by tc3wins
Old Mar 31, 2011, 08:09 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,163 Posts
Ok buddy. Have a safe one. Umm ya I'd like it where you are too better than here. hehe
Old Mar 31, 2011, 08:10 PM
Clearwater, FLorida !
Joined Sep 2009
2,270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony97 View Post
How do you recommend to disable the motors? Unplug one wire from each or unplug throttle plug, or not arm?
no. just disarm with full left rudder, then the green light should start to blink..
witespy is offline Find More Posts by witespy
Old Mar 31, 2011, 08:21 PM
Joined May 2004
717 Posts
Oh I saw that in tc3wins video. So is this process done while hooked up to the software or just outside? Do you need to recalibrate each time? Need to read page one of this thread more on the subject I guess but I think I am figuring it out.

Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by witespy View Post
no. just disarm with full left rudder, then the green light should start to blink..
Tony97 is offline Find More Posts by Tony97
Old Mar 31, 2011, 08:22 PM
Joined May 2004
717 Posts
C-17 Crewcheif. Cool. I am retired Navy. 21 years. Retired June 2009. Flew on helos and C-9s. Thanks for your service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3wins View Post
I like where I am stationed at the moment. ok off to work now. It is my Friday. Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Mar 31, 2011, 08:23 PM
Joined May 2004
717 Posts
I like Seadogs rig. Safe and easy to see. Nice!!
Old Mar 31, 2011, 08:25 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony97 View Post
C-17 Crewcheif. Cool. I am retired Navy. 21 years. Retired June 2009. Flew on helos and C-9s. Thanks for your service.
Tony Navy here too. but got out in Dec1968 QM-3 on USS America.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 08:34 PM
Joined May 2004
717 Posts
One more quick video showing the quad flying. Didn't really play with much on the settings. Went down a bit on the Pitch and Roll as well as auto level. Calm winds as compaired to last flight I did today so hard to tell how much this really helped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhCtx8YRY0U
Old Mar 31, 2011, 08:36 PM
Joined May 2004
717 Posts
Is this done while connected to the computer? Dumb question but not sure if this can be done outside between flights. Any need to calibrate after doing this?

Once done with this procedure, do you then center your trims to see if it fixed it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3wins View Post
Here is a video I made to help with the trim when in auto level mode. make sure your auto level is switched on when doing this. Also sorry for the crappy shaking in the video. I just hope I can lead everyone in the right direction. If people are having problems with there quad you can PM mee and I will do my best to help. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dchQvTwg_no
Old Mar 31, 2011, 08:39 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,163 Posts
You fly on auto level see what way it's drifting the land it. Disable the motors by going low left throttle then make the adjustments as per video. Launch the beast again see if it helped. If need more then land and disable motors again and move again as per video. Should be set after that???
Old Mar 31, 2011, 10:58 PM
United States, AZ, Goodyear
Joined Mar 2011
59 Posts
Thanks Tony97 for starting this most timely thread.

My Witespy Quad is sitting at the Phoenix UPS Depot right now and will be delivered tomorrow.

I won't be up as fast as you but I do hope to at least have a photo by saturday.
earlmact is offline Find More Posts by earlmact
Old Apr 01, 2011, 11:09 AM
Joined May 2004
717 Posts
Cool that makes sense. Now, next question....once you make adjustments like in your video. You need more, you bump it more times in direction you need. I got that but will it store this info the next time?

Do you use transmitter trims while flying or just give it what it needs while flying in auto level mode?

If you do use trims, do you then go to center trims after making the adjustment by doing the stick bump method?

Thanks,

Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by seadog1967 View Post
You fly on auto level see what way it's drifting the land it. Disable the motors by going low left throttle then make the adjustments as per video. Launch the beast again see if it helped. If need more then land and disable motors again and move again as per video. Should be set after that???
Old Apr 01, 2011, 11:10 AM
Joined May 2004
717 Posts
Glad we all can help. Great quad Witespy builds. The only issue is documentation. Not too bad if you know a bit about the Wiicopter subject but if you are new like myself then it is hard to pick up what the documentation and a lot of posts say or mean. At least for me. I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlmact View Post
Thanks Tony97 for starting this most timely thread.

My Witespy Quad is sitting at the Phoenix UPS Depot right now and will be delivered tomorrow.

I won't be up as fast as you but I do hope to at least have a photo by saturday.