HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 27, 2013, 08:24 AM
Joined Aug 2007
11 Posts
Discussion
Thunder tiger control board, help needed

Hi I have hooked up the board to test it but all I get is a flashing red which apparently is low battery ( which is fine all tested ) or water in the hull (no hull just a bench).

So what's the problem? The pump works I have tested that I have tried the pressure switch on all the pins not sure which its supposed to go on still nothing but if I short the water sensor pins the pump starts pumping out.

Any ideas please ??

I am using the board in a different sub I bought it and am just testing at the moment

Dave
bbdave is offline Find More Posts by bbdave
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 27, 2013, 04:39 PM
Submarines, etc.
Arvada, Colorado
Joined May 2005
1,583 Posts
you are wiring this up as per the manual?

http://mms.tiger.tw/upload/upload_fi...220_manual.pdf

you are using a 12 volt SLA as the power source? (vs a 3s lipo, or a 8 cell nimh/nicad)
tsenecal is offline Find More Posts by tsenecal
Old Aug 28, 2013, 01:01 AM
Joined Aug 2007
11 Posts
Yes using 12v pb which is showing 13v standing all wiring as per the manual. Could the board be faulty I have heard TT arn't the best where electronics are concerned and the neptunes have been unreliable

Dave
bbdave is offline Find More Posts by bbdave
Old Aug 28, 2013, 07:59 AM
Submarines, etc.
Arvada, Colorado
Joined May 2005
1,583 Posts
just read the manual, and it says there are three reasons for a flashing red light:

1) low battery
2) no transmitter signal
3) water inside hull

and we can also add a fourth possibility here:

4) dang thing is busted

so, a few thoughts here, just trying to help figure this out.

from your previous posts, we know its not #3, we know its not #1

this may sound stupid, but make sure the channel on the receiver is working by trying a servo on the channel you have the pcb connected to. i have had a couple novak receivers flake out this way. also verify that the connection between the receiver and pcb are correct.

I also have no idea where/how the pressure sensor ties into all of this.
tsenecal is offline Find More Posts by tsenecal
Old Aug 28, 2013, 08:00 AM
Joined Jul 2004
270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbdave View Post
Yes using 12v pb which is showing 13v standing all wiring as per the manual. Could the board be faulty I have heard TT arn't the best where electronics are concerned and the neptunes have been unreliable

Dave
I have three Neptunes and I never had an issue with electronics one has a dead battery and looking to find one. other than that no problems at all with motors or electronics.
shaneperch is offline Find More Posts by shaneperch
Old Aug 28, 2013, 01:47 PM
Semi-Official Tinkerer
Rochester NY
Joined Mar 2005
821 Posts
Check the soldering joints well on the boards.
Out of 5 subs in our group three have had ballast board problems.
Seems the earlier boats were better.
This is just what the guys have told me.
Don't shoot the messenger. Dave.
Subdave is offline Find More Posts by Subdave
Old Aug 28, 2013, 05:27 PM
Joined Jul 2004
270 Posts
Another option is to seek Mike's help at his company. he advertises on this He know this sub. the only bad thing with the later boats I hear is the hosing in the ballast pump.
shaneperch is offline Find More Posts by shaneperch