SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:57 PM
That will simply buff out
Australia, NSW, Kareela
Joined Jul 2001
291 Posts
New Product
HK - Hawker Hurricane Mk IIB Tropical EPO 1000mm

This just popped up on the HK site - does not look like Durafly as it would be 1100mm?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...00mm_PNF_.html

I wonder what vendor it is - look nice and the flying weight seems reasonable but will be interesting to see what the shipping charges are
Boofhead is offline Find More Posts by Boofhead
Last edited by Boofhead; Oct 11, 2012 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Additional text and assign as "new product"
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:00 PM
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
8,941 Posts
Thats the same one Art-Tech Makes
http://www.art-tech.cn/english/Artic...?ArticleID=396
Mikemynameis is offline Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:19 AM
The Netherlands, NB, Hapert
Joined Apr 2002
1,284 Posts
Tropical ?

Doesn't look *tropical* to me :-)

Ray
Warbird@home is offline Find More Posts by Warbird@home
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:29 AM
buy a lot, fly a little!
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island, Central And Western District
Joined May 2001
5,707 Posts
We thought that question might come up, it confused me too when I first saw it, but then I read this

http://www.historicaircraftcollection.ltd.uk/hurricane/

S.
stuart warne is online now Find More Posts by stuart warne
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Savex Spitfire Progress
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:29 AM
Geez That's A Big Fly
Australia, WA, Parkerville
Joined Sep 2011
1,402 Posts
Shipping is starting to make these small planes to expensive to buy from International Warehouse........
Banjofrog is offline Find More Posts by Banjofrog
Last edited by Banjofrog; Oct 12, 2012 at 06:42 AM.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:05 AM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Motherwell
Joined Dec 2011
209 Posts
Thes shipping to uk doesnt look to bad and ive always wanted this plane its either hobbykings one there selling (£83) thats including shipping or Eflite one (£300+) not including shipping lol hard decision lol :P but to be honest i hope it comes to UK warehouse :O also if its the art tech i welcome it with open arms because ive got the spitfire from art-tech and its a dream to fly and really nice detail only thing i can see with the hurricane is the landing gear looks a little weak :/ but apart from that looks lovely i would get it straight away if in uk warehouse
Paramanic is offline Find More Posts by Paramanic
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:10 AM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Nov 2003
1,486 Posts
$149 shipped here to the states, compared to the 480 size parkzone stuff, that aint bad. How much shipping is it down under?
Eclipse_7 is online now Find More Posts by Eclipse_7
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:16 AM
Geez That's A Big Fly
Australia, WA, Parkerville
Joined Sep 2011
1,402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse_7 View Post
$149 shipped here to the states, compared to the 480 size parkzone stuff, that aint bad. How much shipping is it down under?
About the same as above, if I wait for Aust W/house only $110.00 there about's.
Banjofrog is offline Find More Posts by Banjofrog
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:20 AM
Joined Dec 2011
209 Posts
see i dont mind paying these prices its the shipping all the way from international that worries me :/ takes ages.... could be damaged..... and hit by uk Vat etc at the border :/
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:44 AM
No Guts, No Glory
Nederland, LI, Helden
Joined Sep 2010
572 Posts
eflite Hawker Hurricane sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paramanic View Post
see i dont mind paying these prices its the shipping all the way from international that worries me :/ takes ages.... could be damaged..... and hit by uk Vat etc at the border :/
hi

this is a realy good deal

http://www.der-schweighofer.at/artik...uery=hurricane

grts Hans
timmybeetle is offline Find More Posts by timmybeetle
Old Oct 12, 2012, 03:02 AM
Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg
Joined Sep 2005
261 Posts
Timmybeetle:

Consider the not installed retracts and the whopping 1,8 kgs for the E-flite from Schweighofer.

1 meter span, just under 1 kg is a nice size. I love taking my Parkzone Wildcat everywhere. Just fits into any car without removing anything.

(That's why I hate my Funcub, just too big)
Aender69 is offline Find More Posts by Aender69
Old Oct 12, 2012, 03:04 AM
Confused? Who, me?
United Kingdom, England, North York
Joined Jan 2005
4,790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paramanic View Post
Thes shipping to uk doesnt look to bad and ive always wanted this plane its either hobbykings one there selling (£83) thats including shipping or Eflite one (£300+) not including shipping lol hard decision lol :P but to be honest i hope it comes to UK warehouse :O also if its the art tech i welcome it with open arms because ive got the spitfire from art-tech and its a dream to fly and really nice detail only thing i can see with the hurricane is the landing gear looks a little weak :/ but apart from that looks lovely i would get it straight away if in uk warehouse
If you're prepared to do your own thing - painting and fitting out - the Windrider one is less including shipping, is bigger and does come with retracts in the basic - $115 including shipping - version. And like most of Ming's stuff is good.

http://www.windrider.com.hk/product.asp?id=164

However, although I have one I'll probably still get the HK version, but only, as you say, when it comes to the UK warehouse. More particularly since HMRC started getting much sharper on hitting you for duty (which I don't mind) but made much worse by the highway robbery that is Parcelfarce's duty collection charge - almost always much larger than the duty itself
Roger Lombard is offline Find More Posts by Roger Lombard
Old Oct 12, 2012, 03:07 AM
Joined Dec 2011
209 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmybeetle View Post
hi

this is a realy good deal

http://www.der-schweighofer.at/artik...uery=hurricane

grts Hans
THANKS MATE!!!!! :O so cheap im getting it i wanted this but couldnt afford the ones in uk thanks so much
Old Oct 12, 2012, 03:20 AM
Joined Dec 2011
209 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Lombard View Post
If you're prepared to do your own thing - painting and fitting out - the Windrider one is less including shipping, is bigger and does come with retracts in the basic - $115 including shipping - version. And like most of Ming's stuff is good.

http://www.windrider.com.hk/product.asp?id=164

However, although I have one I'll probably still get the HK version, but only, as you say, when it comes to the UK warehouse. More particularly since HMRC started getting much sharper on hitting you for duty (which I don't mind) but made much worse by the highway robbery that is Parcelfarce's duty collection charge - almost always much larger than the duty itself
im in two minds now :O i will get one today but i will have a think and yeah a agree mate why dont you sign the partition? check out rcgroups regions page and go to united kingdom i started a threat on it
Old Oct 12, 2012, 03:35 AM
The faster the better!
Southern England
Joined Jan 2009
1,730 Posts
Lovely having one of those
TLMARK is offline Find More Posts by TLMARK