SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 06, 2012, 01:54 PM
Joined Jul 2011
196 Posts
Whoops!
Saito 82b exhaust nipple

A few weeks ago I purchased a new Saito 82b. Finally got around to breaking it in on a stand today. When I was finished (the vibration had settled down a good bit) I went to remove the pressure line from the muffler. When I pulled on it the nipple broke; the nut is still flush against the muffler so it broke just past the nut (part of the nipple stayed in the tubing).

Horizon can't seem to find the exact part but says the breather nipple "looks exactly the same" . It's backordered, but they are sending me one once it comes in stock; basically at least two weeks before I get it.

Does anyone know if these nipples are interchangeable (SAI6519 -- breather nipple), or perhaps a source where I can purchase replacement nipples?

Thanks,

Jesse
jsipprell is offline Find More Posts by jsipprell
Last edited by jsipprell; Oct 06, 2012 at 08:45 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2012, 08:37 PM
United States, MI, Macomb
Joined Apr 2009
2,557 Posts
RC hobby shops carry replacment nipples. Not sure what thread sizes they come in.
tacx is offline Find More Posts by tacx
Old Oct 07, 2012, 07:43 AM
Joined Jul 2011
196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacx View Post
RC hobby shops carry replacment nipples. Not sure what thread sizes they come in.
There's really only one LHS in my area and I'll take the muffler in next week to see if they can help, but based on past experience with them I'm not expecting much.

Thanks though,

Jesse
jsipprell is offline Find More Posts by jsipprell