to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 09, 2012, 03:25 PM
Has Sloped Off
Uk South Wales
Joined Aug 2009
2,294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weed89 View Post
can the gyro be mounted upside down?...I.E. on the bottom of a wing?
When mounting upside down, but still pointing forwards you will need to reverse the pitch and rudder settings but it will work just fine as it doesnt know which way up it is, it only measures rotation.

Dave
dav3uk is online now Find More Posts by dav3uk
Old Dec 09, 2012, 10:30 PM
ICrashRCs
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Jun 2011
1,196 Posts
Back In Stock
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...elta_AUX_.html
IFlyRCs is offline Find More Posts by IFlyRCs
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:01 AM
Joined May 2005
1,113 Posts
Can ou use analog servos with this?
GetterDragun is offline Find More Posts by GetterDragun
Old Dec 10, 2012, 02:22 AM
Czech Republic, Olomouc
Joined Sep 2011
126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hate2crash View Post
wait a minute - off topic - but does this mean that you can flash a HK KK2.0 LCD board and use it on a fixed wing aircrarft?
YES BHUWAN... CHECKOUT THE BIXLER VIDEOI POSTED ABOVE...THE GUY DID EXACTLY THAT..IF YOU GO TO UTUBE AND WATCH THE SAME VIDEO HE EXPLAINS HOW...I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND THAT STUFF...
Sure not. KK2.0 uses different MCU and different HW design. Could not work at all.
ablack is offline Find More Posts by ablack
Old Dec 10, 2012, 07:13 AM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
United States, IA, Grinnell
Joined Aug 2007
4,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetterDragun View Post
Can ou use analog servos with this?
Yes, most of us do.
Rn
A Rdnek is offline Find More Posts by A Rdnek
Old Dec 10, 2012, 08:19 AM
Joined May 2005
1,113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Rdnek View Post
Yes, most of us do.
Rn
Thanks! You just saved me a bunch of money on servos.
GetterDragun is offline Find More Posts by GetterDragun
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:27 AM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
United States, IA, Grinnell
Joined Aug 2007
4,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetterDragun View Post
Thanks! You just saved me a bunch of money on servos.
Just be sure to have adequate battery power, as your servos are going to be "on the move" more with the stabilizer. And you might want to consider using a UBEC, if you are not using one, to keep all that additional power load out of the ESC.
Ron
A Rdnek is offline Find More Posts by A Rdnek
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:57 AM
If it has wings it will fly...
United Kingdom, England, Birmingham
Joined Mar 2011
1,334 Posts
hi all, regarding the rx3s
does anyone know if there are any firmware/hacks of the amtel cpu for the v1? link by any chance?
as i understand the programing interface for the v2 is missing but it still uses the same cpu so i was wondering if the v1 mixing can be updated. has anyone got pic of the internals of the v2? any easy pickup points for connecting on the cpu ?
ckleanth is online now Find More Posts by ckleanth
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:41 AM
Has Sloped Off
Uk South Wales
Joined Aug 2009
2,294 Posts
It may be possible but the V1 didnt have the dip switches for the V tail/delta mixing so not sure if adding them and re programming is worth the hassle when they work out at 14 quid for V2.....

Dave
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:17 AM
If it has wings it will fly...
United Kingdom, England, Birmingham
Joined Mar 2011
1,334 Posts
was thinking more in terms hardcoding the firmware to suit your needs but we need the source and unless I'm mistaken it might as well be in assembly. there must be loads of people with v1 that would benefit..
ckleanth is online now Find More Posts by ckleanth
Old Dec 10, 2012, 01:01 PM
Has Sloped Off
Uk South Wales
Joined Aug 2009
2,294 Posts
I am surprised no one has popped up on here before as the unit has been around a while, a couple have asked about it but no one has come back with any info. Best of luck....

Dave
Old Dec 11, 2012, 08:38 AM
Joined Dec 2006
1,437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckleanth View Post
hi all, regarding the rx3s
does anyone know if there are any firmware/hacks of the amtel cpu for the v1? link by any chance?
as i understand the programing interface for the v2 is missing but it still uses the same cpu so i was wondering if the v1 mixing can be updated. has anyone got pic of the internals of the v2? any easy pickup points for connecting on the cpu ?
i've started writing an implementation of a flight stabilizer (currently using an arduino 328p with an mpu6050) and plan to port it to the orx-stab v1 (168pa with an itg3205).

here's what i know about the v1 so far..

1. chip is atmega168pa (so need to update avrdude.conf since the chip signatures are different)
ATmega168A 0x1E 0x94 0x06
ATmega168PA 0x1E 0x94 0x0B

2. pinout mapping on the v1:
Quote:
PB0 AIL_IN 8
PB1 ELE_IN 9 (PWM)
PB2 RUD_IN 10 (PWM)
PB3 MOSI 11 (PWM)
PB4 MISO 12
PB5 SCK 13 (also LED)
PB6 -
PB7 -

PC0 AIL_GAIN A0
PC1 ELE_GAIN A1
PC2 RUD_GAIN A2
PC3 PAD A3
ADC6 PAD A6?
ADC7 PAD A7?

PD0 -
PD1 AIL_SW (TXD) 1
PD2 ELE_SW 2
PD3 RUD_SW 3 (PWM)
PD4 AILL_OUT 4
PD5 ELE_OUT 5 (PWM)
PD6 RUD_OUT 6 (PWM)
PD7 AILR_OUT 7
3. i've connected an ISP cable to it and read the fuse/lock bits
lo=0xf7
hi=0xdf
ext=0xf9
lock=0xfc (urgh... LB2 = LB1 = 0, does that mean i need to erase the chip via HV programming?)
cal=0xffffff95

here are the changes i'm considering, would like some feedback if this makes sense:
- replace AILL with AUX_GAIN for master gain (should connect to a TX knob).
- enable stick dynamic gain, similar to angle mode on multiwii (gain drops as you move the stick further from center position).
- enable stick rate-of-rotation, stick controls the expected rate of rotation so that the stabilizer does not try to fight your control by always trying correct towards "zero rate". stick dynamic gain may make this one unnecessary.
- oscillation detection. this one is interesting. i think it is possible to detect oscillations with zero-stick input and reduce the channel PID parameters.
- settable neutral stick position after trimming (maybe drop this).
- vr knob controls both gain AND direction (so don't need the DIP switches).
- support wing and vtail (using the now freed up DIP switches).
- processing gui (this one seems hard on the 168pa based on the amount of memory i've used on the 328p already).
- any other suggestions? (there is no accelerometer on the v1 or v2 so no 3d hold, wing leveling, etc )

i'm quite new to arduino and processing and am looking for notes on burning the arduino bootloader to the v1 device and resetting the lock bits. the v2 is likely to be similar except that the ISP port pins are probably used for more switch IO.
noobee is offline Find More Posts by noobee
Last edited by noobee; Dec 11, 2012 at 10:00 AM.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 02:51 PM
ICrashRCs
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Jun 2011
1,196 Posts
I have a couple of NIP V1's if anybody needs them at cost.
I have a couple of V2's on the way.
IFlyRCs is offline Find More Posts by IFlyRCs
Old Dec 11, 2012, 04:48 PM
UK, Bedworth
Joined Apr 2004
2,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobee View Post

here are the changes i'm considering, would like some feedback if this makes sense:
- replace AILL with AUX_GAIN for master gain (should connect to a TX knob).
- enable stick dynamic gain, similar to angle mode on multiwii (gain drops as you move the stick further from center position).
- enable stick rate-of-rotation, stick controls the expected rate of rotation so that the stabilizer does not try to fight your control by always trying correct towards "zero rate". stick dynamic gain may make this one unnecessary.
- oscillation detection. this one is interesting. i think it is possible to detect oscillations with zero-stick input and reduce the channel PID parameters.
- settable neutral stick position after trimming (maybe drop this).
- vr knob controls both gain AND direction (so don't need the DIP switches).
- support wing and vtail (using the now freed up DIP switches).
- processing gui (this one seems hard on the 168pa based on the amount of memory i've used on the 328p already).
- any other suggestions? (there is no accelerometer on the v1 or v2 so no 3d hold, wing leveling, etc )
Some good ideas there well done

Not so keen on the VR knob controlling direction, I prefer to set that in hardware
Stick dynamic gain and oscillation detection both brilliant ideas.

Oh and please make it simple to do the GUI looks like the way to go , I can't seem to do entering long strings of code correctly

Regards

Terry
Terry Rigden is online now Find More Posts by Terry Rigden