SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 21, 2012, 11:24 AM
USA, GA, Kennesaw
Joined Dec 2003
452 Posts
Murdock,

I'll be digging around over the next day or two for sure, and post up what I find... Just quickly, this guide i had bookmarked from Helifreak forums might be a good baseline to start from. I'm sure there are similar posts here as well once I do a few searches.

http://helifreak.com/showpost.php?p=...9&postcount=24

I like to try a ton of settings and suggestions with most of my gear and models. I end up learning a ton.
Tony Twoskids is offline Find More Posts by Tony Twoskids
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 21, 2012, 01:24 PM
Get Airborne
Sweden, Skåne County, Hofterup
Joined May 2012
325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Hammer View Post
I use the telemetry on the Ladybird V2 with my Devo10 but I set the battery alarm to 3.7V. A healthy fully charged LiPo will be at 4.2V so it's better not to discharge below 3.7V to prolong battery life.

I usually get 6-8 minutes of flying time.

Regards,
John
There is a big difference between loaded and unloaded voltage on a LiPo.

To use all the power in a hard loaded LiPo (as is the case in a micro quad) the cell voltage at the end of flight should be about 3.4-3,5 volt. Then it with no load should measure 3,7 volt.

My experience is that not all but most LiPo (UDI 240mAh 30C battery from Banggood) will survive >100 flights when treated this way. And they are cheap 2.5$ each, when buying 10.

Typical voltage history for a micro quad LiPo.
Charged unloaded LiPo: 4.2 volt.
After 1 minutes flying (loaded): 3.9 volt.
End of flight (loaded): 3.5 volt.
1 minute after flight (unloaded): 3.7-3.8 volt.

The telemetry on the Devo 7E shows the battery voltage online on the screen during the flight.

Chears /S
Stenkryparen is offline Find More Posts by Stenkryparen
Old Dec 21, 2012, 04:35 PM
USA, GA, Kennesaw
Joined Dec 2003
452 Posts
Muck,

Even though you found it.. Thought I would snap a couple shots with a rule for scale. I'm a visual guy myself, so seeing the actual item with a reference tends to help me when I'm figurin' lol
Old Dec 21, 2012, 06:54 PM
USA, GA, Kennesaw
Joined Dec 2003
452 Posts
Oops, I just realized I didn't swap out the 7e for the 7 that was in the case... The best laid plans of mice and men... geeze. Brain has been in low power mode all week lol
Old Dec 21, 2012, 10:09 PM
Joined Mar 2006
775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Twoskids View Post
Oops, I just realized I didn't swap out the 7e for the 7 that was in the case... The best laid plans of mice and men... geeze. Brain has been in low power mode all week lol
LOL. I know the feeling.
Tried to fix the Leds I had made and lost the little sucker. Squeezed the tweezers too tight.

So I removed it all from the LB. Dropped a screw putting it back together and found the led when I found the screw. Whew. Now back to fixing it. Soldering 805 led and tiny resistors isn't fun.
muck76 is offline Find More Posts by muck76
Old Dec 21, 2012, 11:49 PM
Canada, QC, Gatineau
Joined Jan 2011
1,852 Posts
I had the same kind or "isn't fun" when I was soldering smd's to fix mine. "fun &1/2"
Mitchie is offline Find More Posts by Mitchie
Old Dec 22, 2012, 02:11 PM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
My stealth QRLB...Black Quad...NAV lights off...NAV lights on...
BD Murdock is offline Find More Posts by BD Murdock
Last edited by BD Murdock; Dec 22, 2012 at 02:17 PM.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 02:14 PM
USA, GA, Kennesaw
Joined Dec 2003
452 Posts
Heh, talking about leds... Last week, I cut the resistor off a wire lead that was soldered to one of the 0805's I purchased recently. Later, I *thought* I grabbed a different led.. but didn't. I attached the one without a resistor to a fully charged flight battery. A surprisingly loud pop startled me and half of the led turned to dust a millisecond later lol.

I was up late taking advantage of my resident toddler actually sleeping. Guess I needed some sleep as well
Old Dec 22, 2012, 02:23 PM
USA, GA, Kennesaw
Joined Dec 2003
452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Murdock View Post
My stealth QRLB...Black Quad...NAV lights off...NAV lights on...
Sexy lil thing !
Old Dec 22, 2012, 02:35 PM
Canada, QC, Gatineau
Joined Jan 2011
1,852 Posts
BD, how do you do it? (lights on, lights off Daniel San)
Mitchie is offline Find More Posts by Mitchie
Old Dec 22, 2012, 02:41 PM
USA, NY, Brooklyn
Joined Jan 2002
1,831 Posts
I just got a new ladybird v1 board. it has firmware v1.2 on it... weird, i though 1.1 was the newest one...
KillerCut is offline Find More Posts by KillerCut
Old Dec 22, 2012, 02:55 PM
Get Airborne
Sweden, Skåne County, Hofterup
Joined May 2012
325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCut View Post
I just got a new ladybird v1 board. it has firmware v1.2 on it... weird, i though 1.1 was the newest one...
How do you now what version of firmware it is on the board?
Stenkryparen is offline Find More Posts by Stenkryparen
Old Dec 22, 2012, 03:09 PM
USA, NY, Brooklyn
Joined Jan 2002
1,831 Posts
MUCH BETTER. I was flying in green mode, i didn't even realize until it flipped... Its crazy stable now. Its really on rails now..

I purchased the UP02 adapter with the new board...

My old board is v1.0 go figure...

Ohh, and this time, I fly around less than 1/4 throttle. I can barely hit full throttle, the stick movement is so far I would hit the ceiling before I can lower it in time.
They gave it more power. I dunno if its this new board or the new firmware but it really takes off vertical now...

How do I backup/copy the firmware? I would share it with you guys, but there is no backup button...

My old board isn't working right anymore. motor 4 just spins all the time at a fixed throttle setting, even when its not bound yet. I think the wires shorted out at some point... Ohh well, I'm going to order 2 more new ladybird v1 boards to put into v929/v949s...

Also, I got a new frame with the new board, and the battery bay is fatter. The old packs just slide in/out easily. I use 300mah packs now instead...
EDIT: Ooops, maybe not the old batter had extra padding. I didn't realize the new battery didn't have the extra padding, I'm supposed to put it on myself.... 300mah packs fit perfectly...
KillerCut is offline Find More Posts by KillerCut
Last edited by KillerCut; Dec 22, 2012 at 03:30 PM.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 03:31 PM
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchie View Post
BD, how do you do it? (lights on, lights off Daniel San)
It's not nearly as tricky as I made it sound...I just plugged in the battery for 'lights on'. The NAV lights are always plugged into a socket I soldered to the battery cable board points. If I want to fly without them I just unplug them otherwise they are on when the quad is powered up.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 03:45 PM
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCut View Post
Ya I just checked Walkera's site and v1.1 is still the latest...again how can you tell? Does it give you a different version number when you interface with your PC?