HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 08, 2012, 06:14 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Dec 2009
1,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragbikebam View Post
the headstock is 10.2mm wide
Very exciting. Just curious could you measure the triple shaft width and length for gigges to make sure it is also the same. I think the triple shaft is thicker if i remember correctly.
621clay is offline Find More Posts by 621clay
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 08, 2012, 06:39 PM
never stop building
Memphis, TN USA
Joined Apr 2009
936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 621clay View Post
Very exciting. Just curious could you measure the triple shaft width and length for gigges to make sure it is also the same. I think the triple shaft is thicker if i remember correctly.
the stem shaft is 41.77mm long and the diameter is 3.97...
dragbikebam is offline Find More Posts by dragbikebam
Old Jan 08, 2012, 11:45 PM
never stop building
Memphis, TN USA
Joined Apr 2009
936 Posts
The factory build is about the only thing that I was not stoked about ...the lower fork bushing caps were way over torqued and sqweezed the orings so tight that they disformed and giving some stick-tion, I'm letting them set overnight loose and hope they reform some. There were several bolt that's were too lose or too tight..I like my bolts torqued lightly with threadlocker. This bike should be in kit form but there are no assembly instructions, not that any of us would need them...right? I'm also adding a few flat washers here and there on the bolt that touch the carbon plates
Old Jan 09, 2012, 01:24 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
401 Posts
yep i see the washer problem on bruces or zh web sites the bikes have gold c/sunk washers yet yours has cap screw bolts witch is a let down as the bikes we get to buy are diffrent to the bikes we get to see
choook is offline Find More Posts by choook
Old Jan 09, 2012, 09:39 AM
never stop building
Memphis, TN USA
Joined Apr 2009
936 Posts
Huh, I just noticed that. They owe my some washers then...I like the larger socketcaps anyway but still your right, not what's pictured
Old Jan 09, 2012, 11:37 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,130 Posts
So its confirmed i have worked two whole days trying to get the lean angle on the 201 to match my GPV (without the spur gear touching) then i put the body on... and it gets even worse. I need to purchase a new body and try again. but so far with out the body... the bike is sweet!
Old Jan 10, 2012, 06:25 AM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,818 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragbikebam View Post
Huh, I just noticed that. They owe my some washers then...I like the larger socketcaps anyway but still your right, not what's pictured

Maybe its an early production run and the later bikes might have the washers, I had the same with my early oto and later bike, few things different on them. But would like the gold counter sunk washers on mine it kind of finishes the bike off nicely.
steve bisco is offline Find More Posts by steve bisco
Old Jan 10, 2012, 08:54 AM
Joined Dec 2009
1,130 Posts
Anyone tried a different spur gear for the Zh bikes? i want to go smaller... Much smaller.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 09:56 AM
Editor, RCCA
Joined Nov 2004
3,168 Posts
The T-258 came with a Kawada 48P 69t spur, but the one I have on now is an unbranded blue one from Bruce. I'd like to get more lean angle with a smaller one also, but haven't really looked for one yet.
Guidoracer is offline Find More Posts by Guidoracer
Last edited by Guidoracer; Jan 10, 2012 at 10:03 AM.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 10:12 AM
Joined Dec 2009
1,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guidoracer View Post
The T-258 came with a Kawada 48P 69t spur, but the one I have on now is an unbranded blue one from Bruce. I'd like to get more lean angle with a smaller one also, but haven't really looked for one yet.
This is the only reason i want to find one. It would almost be worth getting a Aftermarket company to build a metal on for me to make this happen. I think a 58 would give a noticeable clearance.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 09:01 PM
never stop building
Memphis, TN USA
Joined Apr 2009
936 Posts
I cut out and installed the body lastnight and this thing has more than enough lean angle. the body just sqeezes to the body posts tighter to achieve max lean. it fits very well and was easy to install. the crash bars mounts on the other hand confuses me because the holes that are there for your body clips to hold the bars are drilled too far to the inside so you cant grab enough meat to make it work..i think i will drill my own holes and thread them for a grub screw.
Last edited by dragbikebam; Jan 13, 2012 at 12:44 PM.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 09:49 AM
never stop building
Memphis, TN USA
Joined Apr 2009
936 Posts
i will post some pics of the lean angle tonight when i get home. From what i can tell you can lean over more than the usable service of the tires.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 06:05 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,818 Posts
So are you happy with the bike now, are the forks sorted ?
Old Jan 13, 2012, 06:23 PM
never stop building
Memphis, TN USA
Joined Apr 2009
936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve bisco View Post
So are you happy with the bike now, are the forks sorted ?
Yeah, Bruce is sending me a different pair. The only thing wrong with these is that the orings became de-formed during assembly so no big deal...just waiting on my servos to come in...still gotta paint and glue tires, not my favorite thing about building an rc bike but satisfying when done thats for sure..
Old Jan 13, 2012, 06:29 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,818 Posts
What o rings do you mean ? I have asked Bruce about buying one of these bikes, but after that post I am having second thoughts, might just put the money into tires and spares for my t-258 as its running so well