HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 04, 2013, 06:12 PM
FPV in Hawaii
United States, HI, Kailua
Joined Feb 2012
2,275 Posts
Mike,
I've been on this thread long enough that I should know the answer, but I'm still confused about V2 firmware compatibility.

I have the first V2 firmware (June 2012, The square box with the Dragon graphic, and the Rx with the backward channel numbering.)

You just sent me a new Tx board which is still on its way to me.
1) Will it have the newest firmware on it?
2) Will the newest Tx firmware work with the original firmware on my old V2 Rx's?
3) Are the oldest V2 Rx's user upgradable?
4) Is there any compelling reason to update the V2 Rx firmware?
5) When you start selling the firmware upgrade cables, with they work with:
a) Original V2 Tx's, or must they be sent in first?
b) V2 receivers, or will Rx's require a different f/w upgrade method than the Tx's?

Thank you for the clarification.
iskess is online now Find More Posts by iskess
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2013, 06:35 PM
Joined May 2012
441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iskess View Post
Mike,
I've been on this thread long enough that I should know the answer, but I'm still confused about V2 firmware compatibility.

I have the first V2 firmware (June 2012, The square box with the Dragon graphic, and the Rx with the backward channel numbering.)

You just sent me a new Tx board which is still on its way to me.
1) Will it have the newest firmware on it?
2) Will the newest Tx firmware work with the original firmware on my old V2 Rx's?
3) Are the oldest V2 Rx's user upgradable?
4) Is there any compelling reason to update the V2 Rx firmware?
5) When you start selling the firmware upgrade cables, with they work with:
a) Original V2 Tx's, or must they be sent in first?
b) V2 receivers, or will Rx's require a different f/w upgrade method than the Tx's?

Thank you for the clarification.
1) Yes
2) Yes
3) Should be, if you have the cable
4) No, it's mostly been the TX
5) a) Should work fine - b) RX /TX is just a different connector due to space constraints.
Ascended is offline Find More Posts by Ascended
Old Feb 04, 2013, 06:55 PM
FPV in Hawaii
United States, HI, Kailua
Joined Feb 2012
2,275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
1) Yes
2) Yes
3) Should be, if you have the cable
4) No, it's mostly been the TX
5) a) Should work fine - b) RX /TX is just a different connector due to space constraints.
Thank you for the very quick response.
I thought I remember hearing that the 1st V2 Tx's needed to be sent in to have the firmware updated, and that would activate the DIY updating capability.
Thanks for setting me straight.

Any news on the ETA of the cables?
iskess is online now Find More Posts by iskess
Old Feb 04, 2013, 07:01 PM
Joined May 2012
441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iskess View Post
Thank you for the very quick response.
I thought I remember hearing that the 1st V2 Tx's needed to be sent in to have the firmware updated, and that would activate the DIY updating capability.
Thanks for setting me straight.

Any news on the ETA of the cables?
Mike changed bootloaders a couple of hundred units in which is why they will need to be sent in.

Cables are not my department - I know the USB boards were at the assembler a week ago but I dont know how long they are going to take to be made/tested, or when cabling will be coming in (depends on if they are made in Taiwan or the USA.)
Old Feb 04, 2013, 07:09 PM
Aerial Operator
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Feb 2012
692 Posts
Hey Mike,

Just wanted to checkup and see if you received my DL v1 for upgrade?

Thanks,
Nicholas
swartzracing is offline Find More Posts by swartzracing
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Drone Cowboys
Old Feb 04, 2013, 07:51 PM
Joined Jun 2010
426 Posts
marcin.gala is offline Find More Posts by marcin.gala
Last edited by marcin.gala; Feb 04, 2013 at 08:01 PM.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 08:01 PM
Joined Jun 2010
426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
VIDEO CONTEST RESULTS

This weeks video contest was a suprise... Basti made another incredible video from New Zealand, watching it on my 46 inch computer monitor in HD, it was almost like being on vacation with him But, it appears that lots of people want to know how to hook up their Dragon Link, because another technical video won this weeks competion So this weeks free receiver goes to EastCoast78 with Dragon Link With Spektrum DX7s Flown With Dragon Link: 1024 views.

PM me your full name, address, and what firmware version you need and I will send your free receiver to you. Thanks for taking the time to make a video that will help many people out !!!

New Zealand Xmas FPV Trip PART TWO: Around Otago, Flown with Dragonlink: 434

Dragon Link With Spektrum DX7s Flown With Dragon Link: 1024

Popwing FPV GoPro: 424

QAV500 Quadcopter flight over beach. Flown with DragonLink. GoPro Hero 3 Black: 680

OneManTeam FPV flown with Dragon Link: 1103 ( POSTED TOO EARLY FOR CONTEST )

Pecan Patch Recon FPV quadcopter Live Video Feed: 280

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KP_Hik7YhrA

Mike
don't think it's fair lol...
New Zealand got video counted in...which was posted same day as I post my one 12:01 1 minute after midnight ?

marcin.gala is offline Find More Posts by marcin.gala
Old Feb 04, 2013, 09:15 PM
Joined May 2012
441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcin.gala View Post
don't think it's fair lol...
New Zealand got video counted in...which was posted same day as I post my one 12:01 1 minute after midnight ?

Wrong time zone would be my bet. The NZ video is posted 6.5hrs later than yours. If i post something at 12:01am my time and it's not included, should I be annoyed at being 13hrs ahead of DragonLink's time?
Old Feb 04, 2013, 09:20 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,436 Posts
He is referring to the date you uploaded it to Youtube. Not when you submitted it here for the contest. You can not use a uploaded video from say 2 years ago with 5000 views and think you can win...
In your case was
Published on 11 Mar 2012

Re read the contest rules
I was surprised Popwing FPV GoPro didn't get disqualified either. I did not see anything stating this was with DL, could of been that EZstuff for all we know. haha

I was going to PM the both of you ..but why would i?

"DRAGON LINK WEEKLY VIDEO CONTEST !!!

Win a FREE Dragon Link Receiver

We will be giving away a FREE Dragon Link Receiver EVERY WEEK... The rules are simple:

1. Post an FPV video flown with Dragon Link on YouTube that has " Dragon Link " , or " Flown with Dragon Link " or like statement, PROMINENTLY displayed at the BEGINNING of the video for at least 3 seconds. Having something like " Flown With Dragon Link " in the title of the video will also be acceptable. Having Dragon Link included in an equipment list or mixed in with other things will NOT qualify. Please read below for more details on this.

2. Post your video in the FPV video thread located here:
FPV Videos For those that want to see what FPV flying is like check this out [Part 6]

3. Also post your video here in this thread so that I will know to judge it.

4. Video Must be posted on YouTube. VIMEO or other video servers will NOT qaualify for the contest.

5. Videos must be posted on Monday, 4 Febuary 2013 or LATER to qualify for this weeks contest.

6. The video that gets the highest view count at the end of the week, Sunday night, 10 Febuary 2013 wins !!!

NOTES:

Running this contest every week costs me a lot of money " Flown with Dragon Link " must be prominent in the beginning of the video, not hidden in the middle or at the end. Having " Flown with Dragon Link " merely included in an equipment list will NOT qualify. If you are not willing to make the statement " Flown with Dragon Link " noticible in your video, I am most certinaly not willing to go to the expense and time of manufacturing, and shipping you a free receiver. This rule will be strictly enforced !!!

This is not a " Best Video " contest, the winner will be determined by which one has the most number of views at the end of the week ! The video can be as old as you like, but it must be posted as a new unique video so that we can count the number of views. Videos can also be used twice, but must be posted as new every week so that everyone has an equal chance every week to get the most number of views for that week. I may use videos entered into the contst to show the capabilities of the Dragon Link system on our channel.

This contest will be run EVERY WEEK, so if you do not win this week, no worries, try again !!!

Mike"

Although the 2 song you used are great tracks.
Eastcoast78 is offline Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Eastcoast78; Feb 04, 2013 at 09:26 PM.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 09:28 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
He is referring to the date you uploaded it to Youtube. Not when you submitted it here for the contest. You can not use a uploaded video from say 2 years ago with 5000 views and think you can win...
In your case was
Published on 11 Mar 2012.
Oh, aren't you the stickler on the rules. I guess that rules out me trying my 2 year old video that's up to almost a couple of dozen views now. Drat!!!
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 04, 2013, 09:30 PM
New Beeeeee
Joined Apr 2011
1,046 Posts
Uploading now....

Black knight now "Flown With Dragon Link" (0 min 0 sec)
RUBNorris is offline Find More Posts by RUBNorris
Old Feb 04, 2013, 09:51 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
Oh, aren't you the stickler on the rules. I guess that rules out me trying my 2 year old video that's up to almost a couple of dozen views now. Drat!!!
Keep working on it van....
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 04, 2013, 09:55 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,436 Posts
Awesome footage JC. Ohh am im longing for the weather to purdy up...starting to get cabin fever
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 04, 2013, 10:32 PM
New Beeeeee
Joined Apr 2011
1,046 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
Awesome footage JC. Ohh am im longing for the weather to purdy up...starting to get cabin fever
LOL, I know what you mean. Cold and foggy here past few days. Hope the weather clears up for you. =)
RUBNorris is offline Find More Posts by RUBNorris
Old Feb 04, 2013, 11:42 PM
Crash land!
Geelong Vic, Australia
Joined Sep 2009
635 Posts
Congrats EastCoast! Up until a few days ago I thought I had a chance but then yours seem to just take off! Enjoy
Joffa_Dan is offline Find More Posts by Joffa_Dan