SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by wedgewing, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 09, 2011, 09:26 AM
Some Sharp Looking Cheddar
Cleveland, OH
Joined Aug 2008
1,687 Posts
Hi Mike,
Welcome
We are not an official club, but we all belong to clubs in the area. Garfield Heights, and Doylestown, Aurora would probably be the closet 3 to you. We are really just a group of flying buddies. I am sure we can help you out with whatever you need. What models are you flying or trying to get flying? Do you have a simulator?
i love nachos is offline Find More Posts by i love nachos
Old Aug 09, 2011, 09:35 AM
I'm a pilot... I can fly
United States, OH, Hiram
Joined Jun 2010
271 Posts
Welcome Mike!
svonavja is offline Find More Posts by svonavja
Old Aug 09, 2011, 09:42 AM
Cleveland, OH
Joined Aug 2008
1,687 Posts
I like your sales pitch Mike (dabbler) looks like you need to aim it towards dave now.
Old Aug 09, 2011, 11:23 AM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
Hey Mike from Peninsula.... yep, nice bunch of people here... all can help you out if you are getting started

I (keith) am in North Royalton along with Nachos (Nick) and the guys from Akron area are (Bob) Twister782, (Dave) Nov, (Ray) KESpin, (Josh) Joshet89 and (Jeff) DJMoose .... (Arron) TheKM is a 3DHS Team pilot and has been a great help to all. (Mike) 3D-Dabbler fled from OH to VA but we like him still can't forget (Jacob) svonavja...but I cannot pronounce that so we call him Jacob or "Hiram" for his hometown

no official club but many belong to them... Ours is OK in Grafton / Garfield Hts but I do like the Doylestown club .... field is nice...sun is in the right place and most of the guys are very cool...

havent been to Aurora yet

let us know how we can help you get started...
wedgewing is offline Find More Posts by wedgewing
Old Aug 09, 2011, 12:15 PM
I'm a pilot... I can fly
United States, OH, Hiram
Joined Jun 2010
271 Posts
Totally i know everyone will give you good sound advice, or atleast point you to someone who can.

Ok here is a post that will leave a mark..lol

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/mcy/2536912679.html
svonavja is offline Find More Posts by svonavja
Old Aug 09, 2011, 01:26 PM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
Hahahahahaa .... that's funny
Old Aug 09, 2011, 03:30 PM
nov
Garage sale junkie
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Joined Sep 2008
507 Posts
Mike, I live 1 mile from blossom so I am most likely the closest to you. Answer some of Nachos questions and we will see what we can do for you (I.E. do yo have a simulator? What models are you flying?, etc)
nov is offline Find More Posts by nov
Old Aug 09, 2011, 09:02 PM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
New definition of balls ......

Watching friends house while they are gone .... feeding cats, litter, etc...

Their neighbors also have a key and have had track record of coming in their house while they are not there.... I call this breaking and entry..

Tonight we rolled in after the storms so Sam could earn his keep... we come in from the garage and a walkthrough of the house we notice that the deadbolt is unlocked and a piece of tape "super spy Sam" put above the door was pulled..

I keep telling my friends that I am going to change the locks .they are too nice ... I guess maybe being surprised tomorrow with a Glock will change the parents mind about letting their kids break into the house

I am just amazed by human beings sometimes .... or maybe not
Old Aug 09, 2011, 10:07 PM
Cleveland, OH
Joined Aug 2008
1,687 Posts
Yep. I think there is no other solution than to show your piece. Make sure to hold it side ways for dramatic effect.

Lol seriously that's messed up
Old Aug 09, 2011, 10:11 PM
MD1 HACK
USA, OH, Wadsworth
Joined Jan 2010
1,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i love nachos View Post
Yep. I think there is no other solution than to show your piece. Make sure to hold it side ways for dramatic effect.

Lol seriously that's messed up
Just make sure you sag your jeans low and let your boxers puff out and rock the tank top for the full effect
joshet89 is offline Find More Posts by joshet89
Old Aug 09, 2011, 10:13 PM
Shore Huckin'
Ohio
Joined Aug 2010
2,703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KE Spin View Post
Out at D-town Saturday and Sunday with the 42 Slick and new Buck 1.5 and having a ball with both of them.

If you don't have a Buck 1.5 then get one...what a blast!!! Very fun 3d monster...will flat spin in place both upright and inverted...also a complete harrier maniac (flys around easily nearly dragging the tail in figure 8's)...punch the throttle for some nice verticals and violent ke spins Had a little wind on my first flight on Sunday and did short take off to hover and just torque rolled down the length of the runway..with a big smile on my face

The Buck 1.5 is turning some heads and more die hard gassers are asking about electric planes...they all say, "What is that...where can I get one of those...I've been looking for something I can throw in the car".

Dave, Bob, Wedge....would be good to see you guys..You going to be around D-town this weekend??

Hello...is this thing on?? Wow, not a single reply here or on the Buck 1.5 thread.
KE Spin is offline Find More Posts by KE Spin
Old Aug 09, 2011, 11:21 PM
Joined Jul 2011
24 Posts
Thanks for the welcome.
I have no simulator, and I have never flown before, so I'm going to wing it I guess. I ordered that AXN cloud and the skylon jet, supposed to be easy to fly. That's what the guy said on YouTube anyhow.
I ordered the planes and a transmitter (turnigy 9ch) from Hobbyking, still waiting for it all to show up.should be this week I hope.
Sure seams like a great hobby. So tell me, you guys are members of all the clubs in the area? I stopped at the Aurora field a few days ago,(while I was working) its nice. I know the Garfield field is over there off warner rd. I'm not sure where Doylestown is, the city that is.
Hey Nov, I live close to blossom also, I live in the Hidden Lakes development, rite where wyoga lake rd dead ends into state rd.
mikecup is offline Find More Posts by mikecup
Old Aug 10, 2011, 06:14 AM
nov
Garage sale junkie
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Joined Sep 2008
507 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecup View Post
Thanks for the welcome.
I have no simulator, and I have never flown before, so I'm going to wing it I guess. I ordered that AXN cloud and the skylon jet, supposed to be easy to fly. That's what the guy said on YouTube anyhow.
I ordered the planes and a transmitter (turnigy 9ch) from Hobbyking, still waiting for it all to show up.should be this week I hope.
Sure seams like a great hobby. So tell me, you guys are members of all the clubs in the area? I stopped at the Aurora field a few days ago,(while I was working) its nice. I know the Garfield field is over there off warner rd. I'm not sure where Doylestown is, the city that is.
Hey Nov, I live close to blossom also, I live in the Hidden Lakes development, rite where wyoga lake rd dead ends into state rd.
I am in the Blossom Glen development off of steels corners - we need to get you a simulator - they run about $165 - much cheaper to learn on that than going through lots of planes. We can all fly together on line during the winter which makes it a huge plus.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 06:15 AM
nov
Garage sale junkie
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Joined Sep 2008
507 Posts
Ray, we are here. I have been out of town the last 5 days. Trying to get back to normal - I want to fly at dtown this weekend. Gonna try to make it happen.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 06:31 AM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
+1 Ray

Been doing the interview thing

Wont be flying this weekend .. Sam and I will be on the road