New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 26, 2015, 12:26 AM
Find More Posts by dalm3000
Joined Jan 2015
15 Posts
FT Versa Wing issue

I have an FT Versa Wing and im using "The Beef" power system from lazertoyz. They sent me a 20a simon series emax esc instead of the lazertoyz one advertised, and im not sure if thats the issue, but whenever I go to fly after about 30-60seconds of flight my motor starts to stutter and I lose all thrust and have to glide in for a landing. Very frustrating as the plane flies great during the short periods of time I can keep it in the air for. The weirdest thing is if I pick it up and launch again i'll get almost identical runtimes before it starts to slow again. Anyone have any ideas? I am using all default values on the ESC.

EDIT: It seems that its an overheating esc issue. odd though because im using the recommended 8x4 props. Might try and step it down to a 6 or 7 inch prop, just don't have any on hand to test. I do have some 5x3's and 5x4's but doubt either would give me enough thrust to power the wing. I also cut a little air inlet in the front of the power pod(its set up in tractor configuration) and used a business card and duct tape to make an air scoop that will hopefully force a lot of air through the pod and over the esc. Hopefully I can get out soon and see if this fixed it.
dalm3000 is offline Find More Posts by dalm3000
Last edited by dalm3000; Mar 26, 2015 at 04:48 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 30, 2015, 10:13 PM
Find More Posts by eliworm
You sabotaged my plane.
Joined Jun 2002
2,955 Posts
What are you getting when you put in on the amp/watt meter?
eliworm is offline Find More Posts by eliworm