New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 03:21 PM
Find More Posts by Clive66
United States, CA, Fontana
Joined May 2011
3,451 Posts
Originally Posted by Ermilo View Post
From my view I find that a lot of people will replace the Detrum ESC and retracts right from the get go. I am starting to feel that the Detrum ESC is not reliable and should be replaced right away. Why risk it, it costs more to replace a plane than the ESC. To bad you cant just buy a plane and fly it with the ESC that comes with it. It's a matter of trust, and from what I hear is Detrum is lacking, Would you fly a real plane with a component that has not proven itself?

I have 3 Dynam planes, all over 3 years old, with lots of flights on them.
All still completely stock (haven't replaced anything)

Dynam Waco has the most flights (hundreds)
Dynam BF-109 (retracts still work fine)

Maybe I've just been lucky.
Clive66 is offline Find More Posts by Clive66
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 04:13 PM
Find More Posts by Ken Smith
United States, TX, Johnson City
Joined Mar 2005
1,548 Posts
For you that missed my post about the props here are my findings: Other then a little more noise and a stronger "P" factor on the start of the takeoff and in the air at lower speeds not any real difference. The prop pull at the start of takeoff is there but a good quick kick to the right and then everything is just fine.

12 x 6 APC Electric
Watts 320
Amps 22.8
MAH 92

11 x 7 APC Electric
Watts 315
Amps 21.3
MAH 92
Don't think you can get any closer.
I do like the smaller size looks about the same as I remember on an Grumman Ag-Cat. In that the tip of the prop was about or level with the top wing.
This reminds me of a funny story: While flagging a field for an Ag-Cat, this blackbird was catch up in the prop wash or the wave in front of the prop, it pushed the bird up and over the tip of the prop and down the backside. Now it is behind the prop and front of the wing, the wave from the wing pushed it up and over the wing. That bird was going for a ride, all the time it's mouth was wide open don't know if it was squawking or just open month terroir. One lucky bird.

Ken Smith is offline Find More Posts by Ken Smith
Old Today, 12:54 AM
Find More Posts by E-Challenged
United States, CA, Garden Grove
Joined Oct 2000
13,285 Posts
"SBEC" when stamped on a speed control usually means that it has a switch-mode BEC circuit as opposed to a Linear-type BEC circuit. Look at detailed specs to verify this and the number of lipo cells and servos that BEC is rated for. Generally a linear type BEC is limited to 3 lipo cells and 3 small servos, Switch mode BEC's generally are rated for up to 6 lipo cells and up to 6 small servos.
E-Challenged is offline Find More Posts by E-Challenged