HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 23, 2014, 11:42 PM
United States, IL, Schaumburg
Joined Mar 2008
198 Posts
I know its the holidays but if you guys see my last few posts I hope you can give some feedback as to what the problem may be when you have a free moment . Thanks
stony30 is offline Find More Posts by stony30
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 23, 2014, 11:45 PM
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2003
209 Posts
a comparison of the bodies if anyone is interested
HunnerBunner is offline Find More Posts by HunnerBunner
Old Dec 23, 2014, 11:58 PM
Growing Old Not Up!
So. Ca.
Joined Apr 2006
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stony30 View Post
I know its the holidays but if you guys see my last few posts I hope you can give some feedback as to what the problem may be when you have a free moment . Thanks
CW & CCW prop mixup????????????
isldtime is offline Find More Posts by isldtime
Old Yesterday, 01:14 AM
Has Sloped Off
Uk South Wales
Joined Aug 2009
2,323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stony30 View Post
Sounds like the props are in the wrong places, check, check and triple check....so easy to keep seeing the 'wrong' thing and think its correct.

Start by checking the rotation of the motors is correct for their position, if the previous owner had it to bits to say replace a motor or esc and mixed up the rotation of 1 or more motors then just put a prop that matched the rotation of the motor on each corner instead of the correct prop for each corner...........and then couldnt get it to fly..........so sold it............

Dave
dav3uk is offline Find More Posts by dav3uk
Old Yesterday, 10:22 AM
Joined Mar 2008
198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dav3uk View Post
Sounds like the props are in the wrong places, check, check and triple check....so easy to keep seeing the 'wrong' thing and think its correct.

Start by checking the rotation of the motors is correct for their position, if the previous owner had it to bits to say replace a motor or esc and mixed up the rotation of 1 or more motors then just put a prop that matched the rotation of the motor on each corner instead of the correct prop for each corner...........and then couldnt get it to fly..........so sold it............

Dave
Its funny you say that because I removed the cf props to put stock ones on and the cf ones looked like they were on incorrectly !! When I first got quad a week ago I noticed that one of the arm leds wasn't lined up with an opening in arm. I immediately messaged him and asked him if quad had been in a crash and he said no but just that it was used. Anyways, I put stock props on last night and will try testing later today. Thanks
Old Yesterday, 10:49 AM
United States, NY, Fulton
Joined Aug 2013
1,186 Posts
The blue lights in the arms are on the ESC. The one in the rear that doesn't show up as well as the others is under the GPS antenna in the QX2 and older fw V2.0 models. That's OK.
4_Props is offline Find More Posts by 4_Props
Old Yesterday, 01:36 PM
Joined Jun 2008
61 Posts
Ok, so I've flashed my 350 QX2 to version 3 firmware and it won't bind to my new DX9, or my old DX7 it was previously bound too? The PC interface works fine so I know the version 3 firmware update worked ok, but it just won't bind? Sits there with the blue flashing lights all day long? Any ideas?
davidwford is offline Find More Posts by davidwford
Old Yesterday, 02:06 PM
United States, MA, Worcester
Joined Feb 2013
834 Posts
Did you remember to reconnect the receiver to the programming port?
ST_Bob is offline Find More Posts by ST_Bob
Old Yesterday, 02:16 PM
Joined Jun 2008
61 Posts
Sorted it thank goodness. After careful inspection I found one of the pins on the programming port on the quad had been bent down. Managed to straighten it and reconnect the cable. Bound straight away to my DX9. Obviously need to be more careful with that connector!
davidwford is offline Find More Posts by davidwford
Old Yesterday, 02:49 PM
If it flies, I probably have 1
United Kingdom, Fauldhouse
Joined Mar 2014
1,701 Posts
Just fitted my first upgrade to my 350, got a nice set of Xtreme carbon fibre props on, they look and sound great!!!! and were so easy to fit, at the moment i just have them with there supplied plastic mounts, but have got the small parts CNC aluminum top plates coming from the USA so im guessing about 2 weeks time they should be here

should i expect about the same run times with these new props, and less jellow on my video?
Scottish_steve75 is offline Find More Posts by Scottish_steve75
Old Yesterday, 06:04 PM
Joined Aug 2013
1,186 Posts
Did you balance them? Run times yes.
Old Yesterday, 06:41 PM
If it flies, I probably have 1
United Kingdom, Fauldhouse
Joined Mar 2014
1,701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4_Props View Post
Did you balance them? Run times yes.
checked balance of them in the same way i check a plane prop, get a spindle of correct diameter, slip blade over it, and rotate it to various angles then let go, if it holds position and doesnt tend to move then it is balanced, all 4 were perfect
also when i hover and look at the blades, they all look to be tracking true, no obvious vibrations or "double" tracking lines from a wobbly prop
so i recon well balanced
sounds good too
Scottish_steve75 is offline Find More Posts by Scottish_steve75
Old Yesterday, 08:43 PM
Joined Aug 2013
1,186 Posts
With 1,700 posts I didn't think you were a nube.
Old Yesterday, 10:49 PM
That sky looks like ground...
United States, CA, Shingle Springs
Joined Sep 2013
860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottish_steve75 View Post
Has anyone tried the Turnigy upgrade multistar motors in there 350qx?
are they at least as good as the oem motors? or better? more powerful?

i am noticing with the gopro fitted to mine (just on the oem mount, no gimbal) the front ESCs and motors are significantly hotter than the rear motors and ESCs - due to the mount being so far forward of the CG loading the front motors much more than the rears

im thinking replacements may be needed sooner rather than later if they keep getting as hot
Yup. And loving them.
Wrath is offline Find More Posts by Wrath
Old Today, 12:06 AM
Joined Mar 2008
198 Posts
Sending the used quad back. Didn't want to worry about further problems after I got it into the air. I probably won't buy used again anytime soon.