SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 13, 2013, 01:42 AM
Joined Jan 2012
51 Posts
New Product
home made fire work glider

this air plane is a home made 30 inch hand lurch fire work glider. I had to put shock resistant and fire resistant on it so it will not explode or catch on fire in mid air u have to check this out. people did the before. shoot try it your self its fun :+J.
fire work on airplane (1 min 45 sec)
THE GRASS WILL NOT CATCH ON FIRE IT WAS RAINING FOR 3 DAYS AND IN THIS VIDEO
justeyfly is offline Find More Posts by justeyfly
Last edited by justeyfly; Feb 14, 2013 at 08:09 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 14, 2013, 06:46 PM
Team of ONE....or...Team Me
Reno, Nevada
Joined Oct 2006
797 Posts
I am all for fun but this is just plain irresponsible, young kids with an airplane hand launched and it is on fire with all of that dry brush around. If you lived near me and I saw you doing that I would call the authorities and have you arrested for endangering my house and everyone else's. Please grow up.
DeadTom is offline Find More Posts by DeadTom
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:07 PM
Joined Jan 2012
51 Posts
Hold up first of all that,s not going to happen because it was raining for 3 days strait and it was raining when i filmed this video. And people like you make me sick all ways have there heads up there but.but yeah any ways i hope you have a good day and in joyed the video:+j
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:54 PM
Joined Sep 2006
121 Posts
I've done many stupid things in my life. It's a part of growing up and having fun. Try not to endanger anyone while doing fun(stupid) things.
tRiGgEr619 is offline Find More Posts by tRiGgEr619
Old Feb 14, 2013, 10:32 PM
Team of ONE....or...Team Me
Reno, Nevada
Joined Oct 2006
797 Posts
What are you 12 - 13, I am many times your age and my head is firmly on my home owning, veteran shoulders. This is how people hurt other people and other's property. This is why children should not play with lighters/matches.
And in your defense I will say that I have done questionable things in my life but I only endangered my life and my property no one else's.
Good luck with your future.
DeadTom is offline Find More Posts by DeadTom
Old Feb 15, 2013, 02:16 AM
Registered Plan-a-holic
Stonewall, MB, Can
Joined Jul 2004
2,875 Posts
Interesting.

I like to see younger folk interested in making things fly - much better than playing video games, causing trouble etc. You got the center of gravity right and it was pretty stable considering the power source - good job. Not bad video editing either.

Older folks will always be concerned when they see fireworks on a model airplane - our hobby is always under assault by those who don't understand our unique desire to see our creations fly - this model certainly was unique.

However kids and fireworks - natural attraction. Just keep being safety minded first and foremost - like making sure the grass was wet etc. Not much point starting a fire or losing an eye for 10 seconds of fun. In time you guys might find your way into much more rewarding and safer aspects of this awesome hobby.

By the way - some of us actually use big rocket motors (essentially fireworks) on larger models - much like you guys did! NOTHING wrong with that concept if done safely!

Cheers,
Hepdog is offline Find More Posts by Hepdog
Last edited by Hepdog; Feb 15, 2013 at 02:22 AM.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 10:13 PM
Did you get it on video?
USA, FL, Miramar Beach
Joined Nov 2005
6,045 Posts
Not to jump on the bandwagon here, because I loved the idea, and the excitement of seeing an experiment work, but I do have to agree with the people who were expressing their concerns about the danger here.

Part of my job is working with wild fires, causing them, and putting them out. Grasses are what's considered 1 hour fuels. It only takes an hour, for them to dry long enough to be flammable. It could be a month of rain, and just an hour of dry weather, especially with some sun, and or wind, and that field would ignite easily. Any flames in the grasses would instantly dry the surrounding grasses and that whole area would be burning in no time.
Flying-Monkey is online now Find More Posts by Flying-Monkey
Old Feb 17, 2013, 05:41 AM
Joined Jan 2012
51 Posts
i got it when i do stuff like this i dont just do i think about whats will go rung and what will go right and making sure that me or any by standers dont get hurt when preforming these test. I made sure that it was not dry and the ground is nice and wet so noting will catch fire:+J
Old Feb 17, 2013, 05:47 AM
Joined Jan 2012
51 Posts
Dude trust me I know what am doing when i prefome these test or doing stupid stuff i make sure that people and I don't get hurt in the prosses and i think of the things things that can go roung.:+J
Old Feb 17, 2013, 05:57 AM
Joined Jan 2012
51 Posts
thanks dude for the comment i needed that most of these people dissing my thread. i had to put fire proofing under the plane and shock proofing it works pretty well i wish there were more people like you sum day I am going to design and build my own hang glider..................check this out its a bigger model of this on almost
home made RC delta wing slope soaring (6 min 21 sec)
Old Feb 17, 2013, 06:04 AM
Joined Jan 2012
51 Posts
well crap i defiantly need to know more about that because i do not need that in my life or being known for setting a field on fire or cussing 1000$ worth of damages so whenever you can reply more info and thanks for the info
Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:58 AM View Post
gary wheeler
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Personal Attack. Show it to me anyway.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 04:54 AM
Joined Jan 2012
51 Posts
sorry about that
Last edited by justeyfly; Feb 21, 2013 at 03:42 AM.