SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 28, 2013, 01:10 PM
Raised on 80's Pattern
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Joined May 2006
1,299 Posts
What a great day!! Thanks as always to Robert and Jennifer.

Although Camarillo will always hold a special place in my pattern heart, the Riverside field was great. Thanks to the Riverside Radio control Club for hosting us.

Observations:

* We had a larger variety of classics at the event. Some new planes to look at which was fun. It was nice to meet some new people as well.

* The format of free flying in the morning and a couple of rounds of judging in the afternoon was a great mix for me.

* Getting to judge Tony F is inspiring!!

* Chris was a great sport to hang out and judger all afternoon.

* My love affair with my E-powered Conquest IV continues......easy set up, easy start, constant power, no flame-out, no clean-up.....It is perfect for me.

* Seeing Jamie's Scorpion Powered 4025-12 on 8s inspired me to consider 8s vs. 6s on my for coming Super Chipmuink Se.

* Watching Kevin fly is ALWAYS fun!

* Really appreciated seeing Brad Lang's T2A-MIV flown on a single stick radio - Now THAT is classic!!!

* As expected, I had to keep my eye on Eric, he tried to steal my Atlanta when I was not looking. (See picture) I think I would lost it but he didnt have enough room in his new ride to take it home.

* Dinner with Kevin and Brian was great as we watched the videos that Brian took and talked about how much fun we had.

Can't wait for 2014!

Doug
Fatherof4 is online now Find More Posts by Fatherof4
Last edited by Fatherof4; May 28, 2013 at 01:31 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 28, 2013, 05:56 PM
Joined Mar 2006
27 Posts
Rob and Jenn,

Thanks for organizing the Classic Pattern event last weekend. It was great to meet everyone ( Chris, Eric, John, etc.). I've read about Tony F for years and it was a pleasure to finally meet Tony, watch his flying as well as see him assist others who have an interest in "old school" pattern machinery/flying. I don't get a chance to fly much anymore. That was the most fun I've had in years...

Keep up the good work !

Brad
bradl7112 is offline Find More Posts by bradl7112
Old Jun 04, 2013, 02:40 AM
CPA #100
United States, CA, Perris
Joined Nov 2008
117 Posts
Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to say what a great time My father son & I had.

Doug, It was a hard fought battle. No hard feelings though.

You all were not only a class act but an inspiration to us. We are going to do our best to attend some more events with some new ( i mean old) planes.

Thanks again!

Mr. Falcon 56
flyonenow is offline Find More Posts by flyonenow
Old Jun 04, 2013, 02:21 PM
West Coast Director, CPA
Simi Valley, California
Joined Jan 2010
730 Posts
That's our goal.

Tony, Chris, Eric, Brad, Doug, Paul and everyone else...

That's why we do it. Look for it again next years, and maybe more.....

-Robert (& Jennifer)
Vertigo II is offline Find More Posts by Vertigo II
Old Jun 05, 2013, 01:03 AM
Joined Jul 2011
8 Posts
Kevin2035

http://s914.photobucket.com/user/bco..._0717.mp4.html
Tipo is offline Find More Posts by Tipo
Old Jun 05, 2013, 01:51 AM
CPA# 39
United States, MN, Brooklyn Center
Joined May 2009
721 Posts
Knife-edge just a few feet off the ground at mach 2! Now THAT'S the stuff!!!!

If these videos do not motivate you, NOTHING will!!!!

Thanks for posting guys!

Brian
EscapeFlyer is offline Find More Posts by EscapeFlyer
Old Jun 05, 2013, 01:36 PM
West Coast Director, CPA
Simi Valley, California
Joined Jan 2010
730 Posts
Brian,
Great job on this and on Doug's video. Do you have any more? If so,
Please post! There's nothing like being able to see it all again.
-Robert
Old Jun 06, 2013, 03:21 PM
Joined Jul 2011
8 Posts
Thanks Robert,

Piecing together something else and will post it in a few days.

Thanks again for such a great time looking forward to next year already.

BC
Tipo is offline Find More Posts by Tipo
Old Jun 07, 2013, 06:30 PM
Joined Mar 2006
27 Posts
Olympia Sr. , Jr., Pathfinder

Chris and Rob,

I was talking to Jersey Jim Martin today and asked him if the Olympia Sr, Pathfinder were related to the Banshee. The answer is yes. This Olympia and Pathfinder series appears to be a case of " divine inspiration " after Dan came by to look at the drawings of the Banshee. .Dan Deluca and Jim knew each other and flew at the same field. The rest is history......

Brad
bradl7112 is offline Find More Posts by bradl7112
Old Jun 07, 2013, 07:31 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Jun 2010
1,314 Posts
Neat. Thanks Brad.
Chris...
stuntflyr is offline Find More Posts by stuntflyr
Old Aug 01, 2014, 03:40 AM
Joined Aug 2014
1 Posts
need support

Hello, I'm an Italian guy, I sow Phoenix 8 and i'm immediatly love this plane. I need your support to know where I could buy a kit.many thanks in advance for your efford, and really sorry for my terribol english. If you can help please let me know here: maurizio.galvanin@yahoo.it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertigo II View Post
Hey all you west coast classic pattern junkies! It is time again for the Classic Pattern Get-Together!

Due to the demise of the Channel Islands Condors field, this years event we will be at the Riverside Radio Control Club field, near Perris, California. The date will be Saturday, May 25th. I will be posting more details and a flier as soon as the details are ironed out.

The Classic Pattern Get-Together is an informal, low pressure, "fun-fly" type of event for classic pattern enthusiasts to bring their aircraft and just have some fun. It is a one day event.
At last years event, we held an informal "non-contest" where pilots could get the feel for actually flying the pattern in front of judges. Last year we had several pilots fly in this setting for the first time, as well as a few that had not done so for many years. The response was overwhelmingly positive, and we will do it again if there is enough interest.

So dust off those classics and get ready for some real fun action!!! Stay tuned....

-Robert
mau748 is offline Find More Posts by mau748
Old Aug 01, 2014, 11:28 AM
West Coast Director, CPA
Simi Valley, California
Joined Jan 2010
730 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mau748 View Post
Hello, I'm an Italian guy, I sow Phoenix 8 and i'm immediatly love this plane. I need your support to know where I could buy a kit.many thanks in advance for your efford, and really sorry for my terribol english. If you can help please let me know here: maurizio.galvanin@yahoo.it

Contact Don Carlson at rcaiir.com

He has what you are looking for.

Best regards,
Robert