HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 28, 2012, 06:59 AM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Discussion
Help deciding what's next

So I can't decide what Rc to get next. I was looking twards an 1/10 e-revo or E-maxx but there just so exspencive, are they reall worth it? Any suggestion on a dinomite Rc truck? Am a hard basher and the only truck Thr has ever been able to put up with my abuse is the slash, but it dont have the ground clearance I want, any ideas?
Rellik is offline Find More Posts by Rellik
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 28, 2012, 08:48 AM
Car Junkie trying to fly
United States, FL, Deltona
Joined Oct 2005
1,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik View Post
So I can't decide what Rc to get next. I was looking twards an 1/10 e-revo or E-maxx but there just so exspencive, are they reall worth it? Any suggestion on a dinomite Rc truck? Am a hard basher and the only truck Thr has ever been able to put up with my abuse is the slash, but it dont have the ground clearance I want, any ideas?
As I can tell, you have a Stampede, and a Slash (2wd/4wd ?)

You could always put the stampede tires on the Slash and gear it down, just a thought. Might have to trim the slash body a bit to clear the larger tires.

Ends up looking like this

Y2kGTP is offline Find More Posts by Y2kGTP
Old Apr 28, 2012, 09:28 AM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Had a slash 4x4 and loved it!! So I sold it for the pede bc I though I would be happier with it. I was thinking about geting the slash and doing that. Do you run lipo and will it do wheelies?
Old Apr 28, 2012, 11:07 AM
Car Junkie trying to fly
United States, FL, Deltona
Joined Oct 2005
1,175 Posts
Yeap. Run lipos. However my 4x4 is converted to a buggy and sits fairly low. I have a MMP 4600kv combo waiting to go in, so I expect excessive silly power even on 2s. Esc is rated up to 6s so might try a pass or 2 on 4s to see what kind of top speed I can GPS out of it.
Y2kGTP is offline Find More Posts by Y2kGTP
Old Apr 28, 2012, 11:36 AM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
It sits higher then stock soaybe it will be better for me who knows lol.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 11:57 AM
Outdoor Extremist
Pennsylvania
Joined Jul 2010
1,006 Posts
i think you should get a maxx roller or an erevo roller and build into in a brushless bad boy trust me if you want bigger and more powerful that wont dissapoint you
rustlererad3 is offline Find More Posts by rustlererad3
Old Apr 28, 2012, 01:04 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
I wan an e revo do bad but there crazy exspencive lol I had the 1-16 revo and it was amazing fast. Can you use lipo with the revo? I know you have to use two battery's. Wonder what run time is.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 08:06 AM
United States, VA, Bedford
Joined Oct 2011
178 Posts
The ERBE will have a 15-25 min run time on (2) 5000 mAh batteries. I run a pair of 8200 mAh batteries in mine and I can get almost an hour of hard bashing time out of it.

I would not suggest an EMaxx as an option. If you think the purchase price of a Revo or EMaxx is expensive, you won't be happy with the amount of money you will need to spend on hop ups to get the Maxx durable enough to handle brushless.

Check out the Thunder Tiger MT4 G3. It's a brushless monster truck, handles better than a Revo or Maxx, way more durable, and is a lot less than both.
LaTuFu is offline Find More Posts by LaTuFu
Old Apr 30, 2012, 11:50 AM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaTuFu View Post
The ERBE will have a 15-25 min run time on (2) 5000 mAh batteries. I run a pair of 8200 mAh batteries in mine and I can get almost an hour of hard bashing time out of it.

I would not suggest an EMaxx as an option. If you think the purchase price of a Revo or EMaxx is expensive, you won't be happy with the amount of money you will need to spend on hop ups to get the Maxx durable enough to handle brushless.

Check out the Thunder Tiger MT4 G3. It's a brushless monster truck, handles better than a Revo or Maxx, way more durable, and is a lot less than both.

I actually like the xxt trigger lol, I love truggys. Who els makes a good basher? My problem is I am a severe basher and am yet to find a truggy or truck to be able to withstand my bashing. Another problem is I would like a truggy like Rc that can do wheelies but haven't been able to find on, do they exist?
Old Apr 30, 2012, 01:39 PM
Joined Oct 2011
178 Posts
Sounds like the Thunder Tiger MT4 is exactly what you are looking for. Check out wondertiger.com or the numerous videos on YouTube.

Also here: http://www.bigsquidrc.com/bash-vehicle-of-the-year/

The MT4 can take just about anything a basher can dish out.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 01:45 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaTuFu View Post
Sounds like the Thunder Tiger MT4 is exactly what you are looking for. Check out wondertiger.com or the numerous videos on YouTube.

Also here: http://www.bigsquidrc.com/bash-vehicle-of-the-year/

The MT4 can take just about anything a basher can dish out.
How is there customer service, and parts availability? Also I see it's a duel battery set up and I run 5000mah 2s lipo, can you run two Mitch match lipos or forget have to be the same battery?
Old Apr 30, 2012, 01:50 PM
Joined Nov 2011
69 Posts
Quote:
I actually like the xxt trigger lol, I love truggys. Who els makes a good basher? My problem is I am a severe basher and am yet to find a truggy or truck to be able to withstand my bashing. Another problem is I would like a truggy like Rc that can do wheelies but haven't been able to find on, do they exist?
Duratrax Evader Brushless will do wheelies.
davruk is offline Find More Posts by davruk
Old Apr 30, 2012, 01:52 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davruk View Post
Duratrax Evader Brushless will do wheelies.
No way duratrax is junk, and I want a quality 4x4 Rc Lol
Old Apr 30, 2012, 02:00 PM
Joined Oct 2011
178 Posts
Quote:
How is there customer service, and parts availability? Also I see it's a duel battery set up and I run 5000mah 2s lipo, can you run two Mitch match lipos or forget have to be the same battery?
Parts availability is reasonable. Anything you need you can get from Tower Hobbies. There are also a couple of independent guys on wondertiger that make excellent custom aftermarket parts.

I can't tell you about their customer service first hand. I've never needed it. I have yet to have anything break or go wrong with mine. It just keeps taking abuse over and over again. It is a very, very durable truck. Handles great, too.

You can run one 4s, 5s, or 6s battery. You can also run 2s and 3s batteries in series if you prefer. It comes with a series connector to allow you to do that. Depending on how your batteries are wired, you may also want to get a Deans Series adapter from Tower or solder one up yourself.

As far as "mix and match" batteries, its generally recommended that batteries run in series be the same age, manufacturer, C rating and mAh. That is a rule of thumb regardless of the manufacturer.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 02:07 PM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,819 Posts
Quote:
Another problem is I would like a truggy like Rc that can do wheelies but haven't been able to find on, do they exist?
True truggies are meant for racing on a track, and have lots of time spent designing them so that they won't do wheelies under power.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons