SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 07, 2014, 02:19 PM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
9,011 Posts
The foam is cut 48" but because of the angle of the wings it measures 46" tip to tip.

This is an easy plane to fly. The solid EPP foam fuselage and wing make the plane very durable.

The foam parts are not heavy. The parts including laminate pod and spars for the whole kit only weigh about 12 oz. Flying weight depends on choice of radio and battery. The plane flies very gentle when built light.

I have two of them with FPV gear and they fly great even with bigger batteries and full FPV gear.
Lee is offline Find More Posts by Lee
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 07, 2014, 04:37 PM
treebasher
Australia, NSW, Glen Innes
Joined Jul 2014
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosedivegary View Post
Thanks again Lee.
Push rods seem good I only see this happen when going into a breeze (bobbing that is ) under power and gliding as well. With no breeze It doesn't do this and glides very well.. I do have a 5 gram washer taped to the tail for balance. Might take it off for a test flight. Its tricky business for a beginner!
Gary
Hi again,
Found my problem after some looking. My tail had dropped down around 6mm. Don't know if this would cause that bobbing but has bent down where I have cut the servos in, maybe made them to tight of a fit.
Thought about a cf strip in the fuselage but just glued on 20mm x 125mm strip of aluminum on the side of fuselage just below the back of the wing tiedown dowel towards the tail. Added a few grams to the weight but seems to be working in holding it more square and straight.

Total weight of my plane is now 736 grams.
Took it for a test flight yesterday in some wind with 10km gusts and it is behaving very well!
Have gotten nearly 4 hours flying now and practicing some touch and goes and low flying. Would not even try this yet with my EPO trainer. It would be in many pieces!
Awesome beginners plane Lee!
nosedivegary is offline Find More Posts by nosedivegary
Old Aug 08, 2014, 08:33 AM
Joined Dec 2010
13 Posts
Lee
About how long from nose to tail on ALBATROSS?
Whiteair is online now Find More Posts by Whiteair
Old Aug 08, 2014, 09:36 AM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
9,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteair View Post
Lee
About how long from nose to tail on ALBATROSS?
Fuselage is 35.5" the tail pokes out to 37.5"
Old Aug 20, 2014, 12:46 PM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
9,011 Posts
I was amazed at the latest price for the MG90 servo on Amazon.. I think I just bought enough to last me a month or two... :-)

This is a great servo for the Albatross and Pelican. Never seen a better price with free shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...%3Amg90s+servo

http://www.amazon.com/MG90S-Micro-Se...928GCQWNJCVZQ1
Old Aug 21, 2014, 10:41 AM
Siv
Trinidad and Tobago, Port of Spain
Joined Jan 2006
173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
I was amazed at the latest price for the MG90 servo on Amazon.. I think I just bought enough to last me a month or two... :-)

This is a great servo for the Albatross and Pelican. Never seen a better price with free shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...%3Amg90s+servo
The default sellers (i.e. cheapest price) are all from China so you can expect to wait a little time to receive them. If you look at the "other sellers" you can find one for $16.99 which is eligible for Prime (and free 2 days shipping if you're a member).

I've ordered this 4-pack from Amazon three times now ($22.10, 18.99, 16.99) - stonking great value!
Siv is offline Find More Posts by Siv