HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 19, 2009, 01:24 PM
Joined Sep 2005
69 Posts
Discussion
venom gpv aloy shocks

Took the plunge and bought a venom. Overall really pleased but am amazed at how hard it is to get used to. My previous experience with 2 wheeledrc was the Kyosho HOR years ago and since then have raced touring cars and flown helicopters.
Anyway I couldn't resist the alloys shock and alloy triple clamp hop up and fitted them today. I can't believe how stiff the shock is, is this right or do I need to strip down and re-fil with oil?
Any guidance appreciated

Cheers
Chris Corbett is offline Find More Posts by Chris Corbett
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 19, 2009, 04:58 PM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
Hey Chris... yes you do need to open the forks(shocks)... they come assembled, but do need oil added... A bit silly I recon, I understand alot of guys want run different weight oils, but still believe they should come ready to use...

Anyway, if you look at the thread "NEW Venom 1/8th RTR Bike, the GPV-1 from CML!" there is a heap of info and tech tips on there, sorry I don't remeber the page... and there is alot of them... or you can have a look at the "Venom GPV-1 Hints and Info." I think this shows the std suspension, it's the same set up the alloy ones...

I hope this helps out.... Luke....
Lukey B is offline Find More Posts by Lukey B