SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Thread Tools
Old Apr 21, 2015, 08:49 AM
chux72vette is online now
Find More Posts by chux72vette
chux72vette
United States, PA, Pitts
Joined Mar 2015
31 Posts
Too funny....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkgaps View Post
I let a friend look through my goggles while I was flying FPV this weekend... You could see him leaning trying to stay level!
Thats too funny as I have found myself doing that same thing while playing racing games before on my PS3. That was why I had asked before in the thread if that would affect me now as have had to put some games away since the seizures. Its still funny though how we all do that on occasion. And you sir have done some traveling!!!! Thanx again for the vid btw!!
chux72vette is online now Find More Posts by chux72vette
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 21, 2015, 10:39 AM
FPVsummituk is offline
Find More Posts by FPVsummituk
FPVRockApe on YouTube.
FPVsummituk's Avatar
United Kingdom, Rayleigh
Joined Jan 2012
3,150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chux72vette View Post
Thanx for the feedback FPVsummitUK. I now understand what you mean on placement for the gear and to protect it totally. On a side note, the truck I have is the Red Barbie? TONKA. It has the tan T Bar roof like yours. I figured a better color platform for the desert color paint as it is looking real nice. I figured that one since the top was I thought easier to paint to color than black. I will try and get some pics up soon so you can see. I will also make my camera mount kinda like ReplayReb did. I am using a GoPro 3+ on it btw.
I used a plastic project box to hold the camera, they come in all sizes, so you just need to take your camera along and get one that is just slightly wider than the camera, to allow for the screw heads. Then all you have to fabricate is the yoke, which is easy to bend in a vice, drill a few holes and it is job done!
Even simpler than Replayreb's.
FPVsummituk is offline Find More Posts by FPVsummituk
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2015, 09:50 PM
chux72vette is online now
Find More Posts by chux72vette
chux72vette
United States, PA, Pitts
Joined Mar 2015
31 Posts
Totally Ingenious

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVsummituk View Post
I used a plastic project box to hold the camera, they come in all sizes, so you just need to take your camera along and get one that is just slightly wider than the camera, to allow for the screw heads. Then all you have to fabricate is the yoke, which is easy to bend in a vice, drill a few holes and it is job done!
Even simpler than Replayreb's.
Your so right as even easier!!! Wow, I had some thoughts about that but wasn't sure if the plastic box would really hold up or be a stable enough platform from shaking and all but now I see what you mean and yours is solid. Thanx for that. Now the only thing is, is that Radio Shack here in the US is closing so I will have to find a source in person to make the right fit. Question,,,looks as though you have a 2nd box behind the drivers seat. What does that do or house with the fpv pan and tilt?? Looks totally doable and awesome btw!
chux72vette is online now Find More Posts by chux72vette
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2015, 01:41 AM
FPVsummituk is offline
Find More Posts by FPVsummituk
FPVRockApe on YouTube.
FPVsummituk's Avatar
United Kingdom, Rayleigh
Joined Jan 2012
3,150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chux72vette View Post
Your so right as even easier!!! Wow, I had some thoughts about that but wasn't sure if the plastic box would really hold up or be a stable enough platform from shaking and all but now I see what you mean and yours is solid. Thanx for that. Now the only thing is, is that Radio Shack here in the US is closing so I will have to find a source in person to make the right fit. Question,,,looks as though you have a 2nd box behind the drivers seat. What does that do or house with the fpv pan and tilt?? Looks totally doable and awesome btw!
No that isn't a box as such, it was my way, at the time, to support the servo and cleanup where I had cut the top off of the seat. But many people have got away with just cutting this seat and sinking the servo into it, so I'm not sure if I would do it that way again.
As for the project box, measure the camera width , add 5-8mm to it and order online, they are all sold by size, and you don't need to worry about height, as you will probably need to cut the top off, otherwise it won't tilt under the roof that you have.
The camera is held in by Velcro, the right angle live feed cable is held to the back of the project box with a cable tie, and acts as an additional tether for the camera.
FPVsummituk is offline Find More Posts by FPVsummituk
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2015, 10:44 AM
chux72vette is online now
Find More Posts by chux72vette
chux72vette
United States, PA, Pitts
Joined Mar 2015
31 Posts
Hey all. I have a question. I see people saying about using a Dewalt motor. I have seen them saying 14.4 volt and 18 volt. Are these the same motors that are in the drills? As I have an assortment of these drills and some not hardly used and was wanting to know as am thinking of changing my Losi LST to electric also. Am tired of tuning with the nitro and all that jazz,,lol. Thanx ahead of time for any/all replies. Searched the threads and didn't find exact info...
chux72vette is online now Find More Posts by chux72vette
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:20 AM
aaron_gx is offline
Find More Posts by aaron_gx
Flying FPV from the lab.
aaron_gx's Avatar
Canada, AB, Lethbridge
Joined Jun 2008
2,163 Posts
i Just bought a 14.4v dewalt motor for my summit to replace the stock 775. The 18v dewalt motors are wound differently and are slower, the 14.4's will give you a speed boost as I have read.

I will let you know how the install goes.
aaron_gx is offline Find More Posts by aaron_gx
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:24 AM
BigTradioman is offline
Find More Posts by BigTradioman
BigTradioman's Avatar
United Kingdom, Harpenden
Joined Oct 2009
764 Posts
Back from holidays in Dorset, unfortunately I was not "allowed" to take any toys with me! Hope to get out and test the TS if the nice weather holds up.

It might go like this

BJ Baldwin bashing his trophy truck (0 min 31 sec)
BigTradioman is offline Find More Posts by BigTradioman
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:49 AM
chux72vette is online now
Find More Posts by chux72vette
chux72vette
United States, PA, Pitts
Joined Mar 2015
31 Posts
Dumb question

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron_gx View Post
i Just bought a 14.4v dewalt motor for my summit to replace the stock 775. The 18v dewalt motors are wound differently and are slower, the 14.4's will give you a speed boost as I have read.

I will let you know how the install goes.
Now is that the same motor thats in the drills? Reason I ask is that I have a 14.4, kinda new and unused, that I could dismantle and use the motor for my Losi LST since I'm wanting to convert it from Nitro. Thanx ahead of time!!!
chux72vette is online now Find More Posts by chux72vette
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools