SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 14, 2015, 12:29 PM
Find More Posts by DrazaFFT
Joined Nov 2012
12 Posts
Thanks for the answers Heli Pad...

BTW do you guys keep track of how many flights your heli had because i havent and is that important to know so we can expect battery to die sooner or later or motors to fail, when we bought it we flied like 5 times a day for like a week, then like once or twice a day then once or twice a week, i assume that we flight like at least 50 times so far and we have it one year now...

And one more thing, would higher or lower usage of tail rotor affects his life, is it wrong if i make a cyclic flight all the time of the flight and tail rotor is on most of the time ?
DrazaFFT is offline Find More Posts by DrazaFFT
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 14, 2015, 10:11 PM
Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
7,066 Posts
The S107G was my first RC helicopter. I used to fly it daily, but I don't fly it as much these days. I mainly monitor this thread to help other new pilots. I still take it out once in a while for a relax flight. My observation is that the more you fly it, the more it likes to fly. It seems to me if you fly it daily, the Lipo is in its best shape. The ones that I store, even at proper storage voltage, don't seem to fair as well. Strange, isn't it?

When I do fly my S107G, the tail motor is in constant use. Otherwise, the S107G is just hovering in the same spot, not too much fun. Constant movement is not going to hurt your helicopter. So, you might as well have some fun with it.

Happy flying.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Mar 23, 2015, 01:13 PM
Find More Posts by Getto Bird
Joined Jun 2012
260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
The S107G was my first RC helicopter. I used to fly it daily, but I don't fly it as much these days. I mainly monitor this thread to help other new pilots. I still take it out once in a while for a relax flight. My observation is that the more you fly it, the more it likes to fly. It seems to me if you fly it daily, the Lipo is in its best shape. The ones that I store, even at proper storage voltage, don't seem to fair as well. Strange, isn't it?

When I do fly my S107G, the tail motor is in constant use. Otherwise, the S107G is just hovering in the same spot, not too much fun. Constant movement is not going to hurt your helicopter. So, you might as well have some fun with it.

Happy flying.
Yes, I love that term "Relax Flight" it was this weekend with my 2 107G's
Getto Bird is offline Find More Posts by Getto Bird
Old Mar 24, 2015, 06:02 AM
Find More Posts by Audiophile011
Joined Mar 2015
4 Posts
I'm pretty sure I've been through every page of this thread, since getting my first RC heli - a Syma S107 clone. Since then I've acquired 4 more (one has since been stripped for parts), and have a 5th one on the way. I love them firstly because they are easy to fly - every one that comes around wants to have a go - and thankfully they are tough as hell. The only part to give trouble is the top rotor mount that allows the blades and balance bar to swivel. The little pins inside have broken off most of my heli's. I do have an original S107, too, but I've found that the clones I have are lighter and stronger, and accordingly, have become the go-to's.

Anyway, I've seen a lot of member post about the "relaxed flight" of the S107 - though I'd post a few vids of my modded ones, which are FAR from chilled... haha

Crashing the S107 (0 min 37 sec)

Super quick Syma S107 - yellow (0 min 32 sec)

Super quick Syma S107 (0 min 49 sec)
Audiophile011 is offline Find More Posts by Audiophile011