SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 29, 2014, 08:01 PM
Find More Posts by norgale
Retired for now
Bonita Springs,Fl.
Joined Sep 2007
8,803 Posts
Good going Barry. Those boats are super. Hope the camp ground has a lake you can sail in. You'll probably have a new home before you know it and get settled in with no problems. Good luck and keep in touch.
I moved into my camper back in '96 until I could get another home. I'm still here 18 years later and I love it. Pete
norgale is offline Find More Posts by norgale
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 30, 2014, 10:27 AM
Find More Posts by ClassicBoats
Registered User/CLMYG
Canada, BC, Agassiz
Joined Apr 2009
790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_J_Glor View Post
Is that a 42' Corvette on the starboard side of the Motor Yacht? If so, did you scale down the plans from the Sterling 48" kit, or are you doing your own design. Tim isn't the only one expecting (well, hoping for, anyway) some build information.

Pete G

P.S. Who would possibly be disappointed that you are still alive? Does St. Pete need some design and build work for his fleet up there?
Hi Pete,
Yes, that is the Sterling 42' Corvette, full size kit. The thing is, the Sterling Motor Yacht is not the normal size, it is a 54" version, scaled up from the kit.

Cheers, Barry
ClassicBoats is online now Find More Posts by ClassicBoats
Old Jul 30, 2014, 11:33 AM
Find More Posts by P_J_Glor
Valencia, CA
Joined Oct 2002
3,889 Posts
Thanks, Barry. I forgot about the scale-up. Guess I should have gone back to the beginning to check. Still interested in the Corvette build -- especially the cabin exterior and interiors and what you are using for propulsion. From what I can tell from that photo, she is coming along splendidly!

Pete G
P_J_Glor is online now Find More Posts by P_J_Glor
Old Aug 03, 2014, 03:10 PM
Registered User/CLMYG
Canada, BC, Agassiz
Joined Apr 2009
790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by norgale View Post
Good going Barry. Those boats are super. Hope the camp ground has a lake you can sail in. You'll probably have a new home before you know it and get settled in with no problems. Good luck and keep in touch.
I moved into my camper back in '96 until I could get another home. I'm still here 18 years later and I love it. Pete
Thanks Pete,
As it happens the campground does have a lake, but unfortunately all my boats are now safely packed away in storage!

As for another house, I don't want to jinx things, but we've already got an accepted offer on a new place. We just have to get past the inspection and the legal stuff.

Just got past the Inspection, one more item left to clear then back to work, unpacking this time.

Cheers, Barry
Last edited by ClassicBoats; Aug 05, 2014 at 06:43 PM.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 12:42 AM
Registered User/CLMYG
Canada, BC, Agassiz
Joined Apr 2009
790 Posts
Finally Moved

Now that Christmas and New Years (Merry, merry and Happy, happy to all) is over, we can get back to the business of model boating!! Maybe??

We have successfully moved in and by that we mean all our stuff is inside somewhere! Our double garage is full of stacked boxes marked "R/C" which have not yet been unpacked. But at least they're indoors, out of the elements. It wasn't what you'd call a straight forward and simple move as we examined 72 properties before finally choosing the first and only one we both liked without any reservations. The house is not as close to water as our old one, but there are four small lakes and one very large one within a ten minute drive, so we think we're good enough.

Lady Marada and all her friends survived the move with flying colours. Although we now have a double car garage as my "workshop" we still need to free up some bench space in order to continue working on her. When we last talked we were constructing Venetian Blinds for all the Main Salon windows and working on the Arduino controlled "entertainment system". We have no progress to report on any of that.

The main purpose of this post was to check in and also ensure that everything was working smoothly on our new Mac (we've trashed all our old Windows PCs which conveniently died just before the move). We'll also use this as an incentive to get working on clearing off the benchs and get our tools and machines setup once again.

If anyone's interested we have a few pics of the new house and our very nice mountain views.

Cheers, Barry
Old Jan 14, 2015, 01:06 AM
Find More Posts by MILLERTIME
Taking care of the pond.
United States, CA, Sanger
Joined Apr 2004
7,466 Posts
We like pictures.
MILLERTIME is online now Find More Posts by MILLERTIME
Old Jan 14, 2015, 07:42 AM
Find More Posts by Tim B.
Joined Aug 2009
9,830 Posts
Pictures of Boat models ( )
Tim B. is offline Find More Posts by Tim B.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 07:44 AM
Retired for now
Bonita Springs,Fl.
Joined Sep 2007
8,803 Posts
Gee Barry I'd forgotten about the move and glad to hear all has gone well. Some pictures would be great as we are all interested in what your up to. A two car garage to keep all the toys in sounds like heaven to me. I wish I just had a half a car garage but that's down the road a bit. Glad to hear from you again. pete M
Old Jan 14, 2015, 07:49 AM
Retired for now
Bonita Springs,Fl.
Joined Sep 2007
8,803 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim B. View Post
Pictures of Boat models ( )
and the house and the garage too.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 05:50 PM
Registered User/CLMYG
Canada, BC, Agassiz
Joined Apr 2009
790 Posts
New House

The old house was in Coquitlam - a suburb of Greater Vancouver, BC. When we first moved there from Toronto, ON it was "in the sticks" according to the locals, had a population of around 35,000. Where we lived was across the street from a 500 acre park complete with 2 lakes and miles of hiking trails. It was common to see deer, rabbits and the odd black bear roaming the park, day or evening. Now the population is about 150,000, its noisy and crowded and the park only has a few raccoons & squirrels.

The new house is in Agassiz (pronounced "aga see") with a pop. of 7,000 is in a valley completely surrounded by mountains. We are 5 mins. from Harrison Hot Springs, Harrison Lake and 4 other small lakes in a park, half an hour from Hope (note that we are not beyond Hope!) and 2 hours from Vancouver ... we can't hear them or see them, it's great!!

Here's a few pics of my space in our new home.

Cheers, Barry
Old Jan 14, 2015, 06:01 PM
Registered User/CLMYG
Canada, BC, Agassiz
Joined Apr 2009
790 Posts
It looks like the new photo uploader just doesn't like me!

The second photo from the left, top row should read:
"This is the loft above the double garage, it is designated by the boss as my "Man Cloud" and has been set aside for my Hobby Room."

The third photo from the left on the bottom row should read:
"Right side of garage looking towards the house. There are more than 50 boxes stacked on the floor all marked as "R/C" and containing small tools, paints, books, plans, you name it... "
Last edited by ClassicBoats; Jan 17, 2015 at 02:49 AM.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 06:23 PM
Retired for now
Bonita Springs,Fl.
Joined Sep 2007
8,803 Posts
Man what a beautiful place. You have chosen very well Barry and the mountains are a big extra. I'll take the loft room for a large train layout with room for the boats in the middle. Looks huge. Thanks for the pics. Pete
Old Jan 15, 2015, 12:03 PM
Find More Posts by GILL RC
GILL
United States, NJ, Hopatcong
Joined Aug 2005
2,705 Posts
Very nice, and good luck.
GILL RC is offline Find More Posts by GILL RC
Old Jan 17, 2015, 02:48 AM
Registered User/CLMYG
Canada, BC, Agassiz
Joined Apr 2009
790 Posts
Thanks Guys,
The one really good thing about the house in Coquitlam was that it is very close to Vancouver and so our selling price was very much more than we could ever have imagined 37 yrs ago. With the result that we could move away from the big city and purchase a slightly smaller, almost brand new (5 yrs old) house for half of what we sold for. So for the first time in our lives we own our own home and have minimal debt.

Cheers, Barry
Old Jan 17, 2015, 07:59 AM
Retired for now
Bonita Springs,Fl.
Joined Sep 2007
8,803 Posts
Good for you Barry, that's the way it's supposed to work. However when the government decides to tinker with the natural flow of things a lot of people get hurt. Glad that didn't happen to you. Now you can really have fun with boats and not worry about it. I really like your new home. Pete