SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Michael Heer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 04:57 AM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdr View Post
Clever! I remember when GWS models were everywhere - the perfect platform for bashes. Now they are so rare, you are hesitant to cut them up for anything other than the original model. I wonder who has / where the molds are.

Jim
Hi Jim,

Been a long time, hope you are fine !
No worries, those moulds are still at GWS, mostly are at GWS HQ in Taipei, Taiwan, while some of them are at GWS China.
But boss only agrees to produce Formosa, Estarter and Floats in the future.

Chen
GWS CHEN is offline Find More Posts by GWS CHEN
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 14, 2014, 04:59 AM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,704 Posts
Hi Gel,

Your Zero looks great !

Chen
Old Oct 14, 2014, 08:53 AM
Bloomfield, IN
Joined Nov 2006
937 Posts
Quote:
Clever! I remember when GWS models were everywhere - the perfect platform for bashes. Now they are so rare, you are hesitant to cut them up for anything other than the original model. I wonder who has / where the molds are.
Jim
I look at GWS planes as kits to be built the way you want. The Zero, ME-109, Sopwith Triplane, Loening M8, and Bristol M1C have scratch built fuselage using GWS wings. I have a new P-38 to build and another set of Tiger Moth wings to make into a plane.
degreen60 is online now Find More Posts by degreen60
Old Oct 14, 2014, 10:48 AM
5,200 Led Lighted Bike-Bob P.
USA, MA, Swansea
Joined Mar 2003
2,884 Posts
Hello Degreen
Nice fleet. I saw many of the WWI planes you built. Nice to see GWS in there. I hope the economy has a come back. I want to see GWS back in the scene again. I can't buy parts for many of my GWS warplanes anywhere. Love my warplanes built by them. I wish I knew what GWS future will be.
**Neons** Bob
**neons** is offline Find More Posts by **neons**
Old Oct 14, 2014, 12:44 PM
Unrepentant Carnivore
Brandon, Fl
Joined Mar 2005
2,509 Posts
Hey Chen!

Yes - a long time since we chatted. I am glad to see that GWS is still in the business - although I do wish some of the prototypes from years ago had made it into production. I fly my GWS F-15 often and it does get a lot of approving looks - considering the size and price point.

I have a GWS P-38 that I'm going to make into my winter project with retracts etc.

Jim
jamesdr is offline Find More Posts by jamesdr
Last edited by jamesdr; Oct 14, 2014 at 12:52 PM.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 12:46 PM
Unrepentant Carnivore
Brandon, Fl
Joined Mar 2005
2,509 Posts
Hi Gel

Yes - I live in Brandon very near the mall but don't fly there - too many folks can just happen into your flight path. I fly at a club just a little north of Brandon - if you ever return to the area, let me know and I'll get you in!

Jim
jamesdr is offline Find More Posts by jamesdr
Old Oct 14, 2014, 07:35 PM
2RK
United Kingdom, England, Hampshire
Joined Jun 2011
86 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWS CHEN View Post
Hi Gel,

Your Zero looks great !

Chen
Thanks Chen, I'm glad you like it. I only wish GWS continue to build its whole line of kits. I'm a fairly latecomer to the hobby and have only one more GWS plane. When I bought the 190 it was one of the last in UK shops. I hope you like the way I finished it, too.

Quote:
Hi Gel

Yes - I live in Brandon very near the mall but don't fly there - too many folks can just happen into your flight path. I fly at a club just a little north of Brandon - if you ever return to the area, let me know and I'll get you in!

Jim
Thanks for the invite, Jim. I sure am tempted to go back as winter's getting near. I stayed at my sister's place and they've got a pond at the back of the house ... It was pure bliss having a cup of coffee and a few flights with a floatplane in the mornings. I built a mini ugly stik just for that!
2RK is offline Find More Posts by 2RK
Old Oct 14, 2014, 10:20 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,435 Posts
GWS CHEN, let the boss know that we need GWS EPO Corsair's as well.
semperfi1970 is offline Find More Posts by semperfi1970
Old Oct 15, 2014, 07:15 AM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,704 Posts
Hi Semperfi1970,

I'll certainly try to add it to the topic when discussing future plans with boss.

Hi Gel,

Yes, I like you 190, it looks nice too. And I think that your Jungle-Camo Zero might have been the only in the world. It looks GREAT really.

Hi Jim,

Yes, In my idea GWS-15 has been the proper sized EDF bird, the bigger duct fans, ESC's and lipos cost way more than this size ones. It's very nice to know you're going to build the second GWS-38, adding retracts on it is a fantastic idea.

Chen
Old Oct 15, 2014, 10:48 AM
2RK
United Kingdom, England, Hampshire
Joined Jun 2011
86 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWS CHEN View Post
And I think that your Jungle-Camo Zero might have been the only in the world. It looks GREAT really.
Thanks for the kind words. It was my attempt to copy the paintwork of a Zero owned by the Flying Heritage Collection, which in turn patterned it from a wartime Zero that was based in New Guinea. If you compare mine to the FHC's my sloppy overspray becomes obvious. But it doesn't bother me as the wartime Zero's tiger stripes was a field mod and allegedly painted on with a mop

Gel
2RK is offline Find More Posts by 2RK