HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 06, 2014, 11:22 PM
Joined Jul 2011
126 Posts
Discussion
Clik 4.0 NG - RC Factory

Click 4NG, 4th generation of click this time in EPP ... Well done RC Factory / Twisted Hobbys.
Obvioously available in Green, Red and purple but didn't find the purple version on Twisted Hobbys website ... Can Twisted Confirm they will import it or not ?... Thx ...

It makes me a bit nostalgic as my first ever indoor plane was a click, modified a bit for F3P competition in France .... EPP planes didn;t exist and it was difficult to find good material and light batteries ...
Now things became way more easy and I'll order one soon ;-)

Video here, not too bad for an EPP plane:
Clik 4.0 NG (3 min 19 sec)

Manual:
http://www.twistedhobbys.com/media/1...LITE_green.pdf

Some pics too
flydynamics is online now Find More Posts by flydynamics
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2014, 03:03 PM
Joined Jul 2011
126 Posts
Update, I have just seen the purple version on Twisted Hobbys website ... good job guys you have made my day ;-)
Old Oct 09, 2014, 10:11 PM
TEAM TWISTED
United States, MD, Middle River
Joined Dec 2011
1,159 Posts
Hey

That vid is awesome. Thanks!

Downlines look nice and slow. I am guessing your AUW is less than 130g. Definitely a nice setup. With the indoor season fast approaching, something tells me it's time to build a transport box and grab one of these! Love the slow flying for making the best of tighter spaces.
ROLLING CIRCLE is online now Find More Posts by ROLLING CIRCLE
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: The MXS-C MINI - IT'S BIG
Old Oct 10, 2014, 12:00 PM
Joined Jul 2011
126 Posts
I think it will be around 150g, still very heavy for good performance in F3P but WAY more solid than milled depron and Mylar. No box needed, it's EPP, no more fragile than the Sukhoi 29 super lite or Inferno.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 11:14 AM
TEAM TWISTED
United States, MD, Middle River
Joined Dec 2011
1,159 Posts
Sounds like it won't be much trouble to transport then. Some windy days, trying to get a super light plane from the car to the gym requires that we drive the car up, literally, to the gym door and then dart inside with the plane hoping it doesn't get folded in half by a strong gust. It gets windy here.

Was this design Depron in it's original form?

Pretty good braking with the longer saw-tooth brakes on the new model?
ROLLING CIRCLE is online now Find More Posts by ROLLING CIRCLE
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: The MXS-C MINI - IT'S BIG
Old Oct 11, 2014, 11:46 AM
Citius, Altius, 3D
Sweden, Östergötland County, Linköping
Joined Oct 2012
279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLLING CIRCLE View Post
Was this design Depron in it's original form?
Yes, it was (still possible to buy). I just reviewed the RC factory's building instruction for the NG EPP version. There are a few novel items. The EPP seems to be very thin (I would guess 3-4 mm). Also the use of thin (0.2 mm) curved CF strips to stiffen up the surfaces seems very interesting.

Bummer, I had promissed myself not to order anything before X-mas but I guess "resistance is futile". I will definately order the NG Clik (a green one ).

Cheers,
Leif
3dxspin is offline Find More Posts by 3dxspin
Old Oct 11, 2014, 04:48 PM
#14 royal wulf
bluegrass state
Joined Dec 2009
386 Posts
The use of cf on this I very cool. I noticed in the build dwnld the interesting curved cf stiffening the ailerons as well as the cf running the length of the horizontal fuse and leading edge of wings. Also appears to be cf protecting to nose of the plane where most would do a blender mod.

Definitely my next indoor plane....
daft punk is offline Find More Posts by daft punk
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 11, 2014, 04:51 PM
Joined Jul 2011
126 Posts
It will be very interesting to compare it to the depron version I have flew around 14 years ago ;-) ....