Because I only have stormtroopers
Bugman Jeff is offline Find More Posts by Bugman Jeff
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 16, 2013, 01:34 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,646 Posts
You must have really angered Vader then, if he left you with just a bunch of those as minions.
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Sep 20, 2013, 04:46 PM
I'm a Registered User
Evansville, WI
Joined Dec 2006
3,690 Posts
I decided for my new wing, I'd use the simple pro mod style. It should be plenty effective, and is super easy to make so if/when I crash again, I can whip up another one quickly. If the weather cooperates, I'll try to get some more runs in this weekend.

Old Sep 20, 2013, 08:09 PM
I'm a Registered User
Evansville, WI
Joined Dec 2006
3,690 Posts
After my last crash with the Drift Star, I decided that I needed a gyro to help me keep the car straight. Here you can see the difference with the gyro off and on. I'm using an Esky EK2-0704B gyro with the gain hooked into ch3 on my receiver. If the car starts to slide, the gyro will steer it back straight much quicker and more accurately than I ever could. I haven't driven it yet, so the settings are still pretty rough, over steering it slightly. I'll be able to get it dialed in better once it's on the road. If you've never seen a gyro on a car, here's how it works:

The effects of a gyro on an RC car (0 min 47 sec)
Old Sep 23, 2013, 07:26 PM
Frank
Germany, BW, Heubach
Joined Dec 2012
928 Posts
nice thinking on the gyro and the Kevlar reinforced tires man.
Make sure you get the gain set right on your gyro, if its to sensitive it can start to go bananas as your getting up to speed, and put the gyro on some thick foam to suck up any vibrations on the car.
I thought the gyro trick was my Idea
I use 1 on my dragster, so the tires are straight when it comes back down.
A pic from my Dragsters, hope ya dont mind me puttin them in your thread.

I am more than happy to help ya on your SPEED RUSH,

Frank
R.C. Man is offline Find More Posts by R.C. Man
Old Sep 23, 2013, 09:41 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,782 Posts
Hey those dragsters are cool! Make a thread please with more pics and info!, and post the link back here so we can find it. Nothing wrong with your post, we're all chatting toy cars here!!!
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Sep 24, 2013, 12:08 PM
I'm a Registered User
Evansville, WI
Joined Dec 2006
3,690 Posts
Nice looking dragsters, what kind of speeds are you hitting?
The funny part about the gyro is that when I was testing the stock Drift Star with drift tires, I put the gyro on it to see how much difference it made drifting, and the difference was huge. I can't fathom why I didn't reinstall it for the F&C build
Old Sep 24, 2013, 02:03 PM
Frank
Germany, BW, Heubach
Joined Dec 2012
928 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugman Jeff View Post
Nice looking dragsters, what kind of speeds are you hitting?
The funny part about the gyro is that when I was testing the stock Drift Star with drift tires, I put the gyro on it to see how much difference it made drifting, and the difference was huge. I can't fathom why I didn't reinstall it for the F&C build
Hey Jeff,
Ive been draggin rc cars a long time, 132ft. in about 1.7-1.9 sec at about 95mph
All depends on the traction on the track.
You gonna try foam tires? I use 14-20 shore fat foams on the rears, need it for the traction, and real skinny rims with o rings on the front.
You could use the 30-35 shore tires on your speedster, but watchout if it gets sideways, the extra grip will flip it in a minute,
What I did was get some rims, and looked for foam manufacturers, asked them for the softest foam, and what I was using it for, 2 trys, and I was hooked up.
Made a cutting fixture for the inside and outside dia. put it in my press, and whalla, new tires for my cars

Ohh, if ya want traction for your track, (secret) use some coca cola syrup on the street before your speed run and let it dry. (but dont tell anyone about it)
Sticky as superglue, you will shorten your runs a lot too. And it's legal also. Biosyrup lol.
Keep us informed on your progress man, and Keep on BLASTING.

This is what alot see, when I go racing. lol
R.C. Man is offline Find More Posts by R.C. Man
Last edited by R.C. Man; Sep 24, 2013 at 02:10 PM.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 12:00 PM
I'm a Registered User
Evansville, WI
Joined Dec 2006
3,690 Posts
I don't plan on running foams at this point. It's more added expense, and I know I'll chunk them up in no time. Until I find the limits of the rubber, they'll do for now. Good idea making the tires yourself though, I'd often wondered if people did that