HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Oct 30, 2012, 07:53 PM
Salt Lake City
Joined Apr 2005
226 Posts
Discussion
Esc getting hot !

I am building an alfa fw190 and mounted an mpjet motor and attached the cowl of the plane. I attached the 25 amp great planes esc and put in the 6100e reciever. I attached the battery to the speed control and the esc got hot very quickly. I quickly unplugged the battery and checked for bad wiring to the motor! Everything checked out so I plugged the battery against with same the result. The esc was then fried because it would start the motor. I checked everything again and to my bewilderment I discovered that disconnecting a servo solved the problem. Meanwhile I fried two esc at $30 each all because of an $11 servo. Anyone else have a similar problem? Tim
tsecrist is offline Find More Posts by tsecrist
to remove ads between posts
Closed Thread