HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 25, 2011, 12:11 PM
Joined Jun 2011
210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalCAM View Post
Steve -- Adding external power through the usb port just extends your battery life, You don't really need it. I did like "Wirewolf" said. The 2.5mm plug that you plug into the bottom port of the GoPro has 4 wires. I just use the video and ground. You don't need the red (power) and I don't even use the audio (yellow) but you can if you want audio. I just use the video (orange) and the ground (brown). The ground has to be tied into the ground for your Tx power and the video into the Tx video line. GoPro battery will record and put out "LiveView" easily for well over an hour (they advertise 2.5 hours, but I've never tried to run one down). I have multiple batteries for when the need arises. You can buy extra battery and ac charger for $14 shipped. I know that sounds silly cheap, but i can't tell the difference in life, from the original to the replacements. I just pop one out, and put another in. -- JOHN http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wall-Charger...item20bee200b0
Hmmm - I'm still debugging this, but at the moment here's what's going on.

I've got the GoPro in the LiveFeed mode out and I can use this with my large screen LCD living room TV with no problem. However when I plug the GoPro video feed either directly into the portable DVD player or via the 5.8G link it is almost like the DVD player can't establish a sync... You can kind of see the image, but there is no frame lock...

So, I'm not sure if this is an issue with my DVD player or something else. I'm going to see if I can borrow a neighbor's DVD player to confirm this...
ilovefpv is offline Find More Posts by ilovefpv
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 25, 2011, 12:14 PM
I land with enthusiasm
Lima-Peru
Joined Aug 2004
799 Posts
I looked that everybody installed all components inside the plane, did someone installed all outside it? I cant split the fuse without damaging the EPO.
A Picture will be grate,,,
thanks
Arck is offline Find More Posts by Arck
Old Nov 25, 2011, 12:27 PM
FPV! and nothing else matters.
Israel, Haifa
Joined Aug 2010
1,899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arck View Post
I looked that everybody installed all components inside the plane, did someone installed all outside it? I cant split the fuse without damaging the EPO.
thanks
nothing gets too hot iside the plane.

if you have yours glued ... you can just cut an opening in the side of one of the halfs.
like a technicians hutch in a real plane.
then you add two or more magnets so that the door will stay on while flying.

like this
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=7645
guy1a is online now Find More Posts by guy1a
Old Nov 25, 2011, 12:47 PM
Me a long time ago
London N.E. UK
Joined Jan 2007
6,111 Posts
Or cut a hatch in the belly and just tape it over. This is what I have done.
Flypoppa is offline Find More Posts by Flypoppa
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 25, 2011, 01:09 PM
FPV! and nothing else matters.
Israel, Haifa
Joined Aug 2010
1,899 Posts
not bixler related but FPV related ... this is a test flight i just made with the HK quad copter FPV i am building.

quad video test (3 min 32 sec)

i think i need to set the camera a bit to the up...
guy1a is online now Find More Posts by guy1a
Old Nov 25, 2011, 01:12 PM
John
United States, WA, Mason
Joined Apr 2011
813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovefpv View Post
Hmmm - I'm still debugging this, but at the moment here's what's going on.

I've got the GoPro in the LiveFeed mode out and I can use this with my large screen LCD living room TV with no problem. However when I plug the GoPro video feed either directly into the portable DVD player or via the 5.8G link it is almost like the DVD player can't establish a sync... You can kind of see the image, but there is no frame lock...

So, I'm not sure if this is an issue with my DVD player or something else. I'm going to see if I can borrow a neighbor's DVD player to confirm this...
steve, are you sure you have the gopro set for ntsc? when you go through the menu's, there is an option for pal or ntsc. Maybe your tv can deal with the pal signal, but the little dvd player can't ???
digitalCAM is offline Find More Posts by digitalCAM
Old Nov 25, 2011, 02:12 PM
Quads, 4 times the fun.
Australia, NSW, Brookvale
Joined Apr 2011
731 Posts
Quote:
I looked that everybody installed all components inside the plane, did someone installed all outside it?
I have seen a YouTube video with all the stuff on the outside. He put it all in the cockpit area and above the center of the wings. Personally I think it looks messy, and it leaves it more exposed to damage in a crash.

As the other guys suggested, cutting a hole in the bottom or side works well.
rogueqd is online now Find More Posts by rogueqd
Old Nov 25, 2011, 03:29 PM
John
United States, WA, Mason
Joined Apr 2011
813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogueqd View Post
I have seen a YouTube video with all the stuff on the outside. He put it all in the cockpit area and above the center of the wings. Personally I think it looks messy, and it leaves it more exposed to damage in a crash.
Quote:
thanks
can't argue that it does look messy. But i'm afraid that I am the poster child for mounting on the outside. But I don't like to put anything on the wings and disrupt the lift and airflow. Only thing inside is the ESC, the receiver and the flight battery wrapped in foam rubber. -- JOHN
Old Nov 25, 2011, 04:37 PM
Joined Jun 2011
210 Posts
Quote:
steve, are you sure you have the gopro set for ntsc? when you go through the menu's, there is an option for pal or ntsc. Maybe your tv can deal with the pal signal, but the little dvd player can't ???
Yup I checked the NTSC/PAL settings.. There is also a choice of NTSC refresh rates to choose from.. It's weird because if I put the cable 1/8" out of the GoPro it seems to work...
Old Nov 25, 2011, 06:50 PM
Joined Jun 2011
210 Posts
Figured it out! It seems the cables from the RX to the DVD player are directional some how.. All sorted out - flying in the morning!!!
Old Nov 25, 2011, 07:21 PM
Why so serious?
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovefpv View Post
Figured it out! It seems the cables from the RX to the DVD player are directional some how.. All sorted out - flying in the morning!!!
So you had it bass ackwards?
Sounds like me.
2500GENE is offline Find More Posts by 2500GENE
Old Nov 25, 2011, 07:29 PM
FPV ADDICT
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Jan 2011
562 Posts
Quote:
can't argue that it does look messy. But i'm afraid that I am the poster child for mounting on the outside. But I don't like to put anything on the wings and disrupt the lift and airflow. Only thing inside is the ESC, the receiver and the flight battery wrapped in foam rubber. -- JOHN
Hey John have you had any problems with your FY-21AP shutting down due to vibration on your Bixler? I see it's installed without the anti-vibration tray or foam...wow. How many times have you flown like that?
Wirewolf903 is offline Find More Posts by Wirewolf903
Old Nov 25, 2011, 11:01 PM
John
United States, WA, Mason
Joined Apr 2011
813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirewolf903 View Post
Hey John have you had any problems with your FY-21AP shutting down due to vibration on your Bixler? I see it's installed without the anti-vibration tray or foam...wow. How many times have you flown like that?
Just got it a little bit ago. Probably only flown about half dozen times. You cant really see from the picture, but I have flattened off the top of the nacelle. I have a piece of hard plastic adhered to that, so there is a nice smooth surface. There is some fairly thin soft double stick foam that came with the FY that is under the case of the FY. It would be hard for me to tell if it was having sporatic problems. I mostly have it for the "Return to Home" function, in case I might outfly my Video or RC . Once in a while I will engage the "stabilize and hold altitude" function, and it seems to work when I have used it. The couple of times that I tested the RTH, it worked well. Maybe It's shutting off and on somethimes and I don't realize it, or maybe I'm just lucky and it works fine. -- JOHN
Old Nov 26, 2011, 08:56 PM
New Beeeeee
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Apr 2011
1,109 Posts
My video from today, bixler with the. Foggy morning.

Bixler Fog Fun (9 min 59 sec)
RUBNorris is offline Find More Posts by RUBNorris
Old Nov 26, 2011, 09:03 PM
Joined Jun 2011
210 Posts
Here's mine...

Bixler FPV - Epic Drama (1 min 7 sec)