HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 13, 2011, 02:49 PM
Joined Sep 2011
1 Posts
Discussion
Sanhuan 8830 (Swift) 4 Channel Coax

Hi there

Complete noob to RC copters, so please don't be too rough! Wondered if someone could offer some advice? Have just bought a SH 8830 aka Swift and clearly I'm an idiot as after 24 hours have still managed to not get it in the air. The problem is code pairing the transmitter to the copter. Sadly the manual has some very poor translation, so its really hard to understand. According to the manual I need to pair the copter to the transmitter before flight and says I need to "put the flight mode switch in N position". Now i looked over the copter and transmitter and could find no such physical switch (or any picture of it in the manual), so I assumed that it meant having the transmitter in "neutral" position, eg no thrust/power on the left stick, centred stick on the right. Only when I do this and follow the instructions, nothing. Annoyingly the manual has lots of contradictions.

There aren't many threads online about the 8830 so any help appreciated - should I even be looking for a physical switch, or does it refer to the position of the hand unit?

EDIT: After searching online extensively, I found a video for the pairing of the SH 8829. It is nothing like the method explained in the manual (which I think is just badly translated), but it works! Fantastic, so if you are having any problems, here is the vid:
How to pair up the SH-8829 @ RC-Fever.com (1 min 34 sec)
ChrisRCnovice is offline Find More Posts by ChrisRCnovice
Last edited by ChrisRCnovice; Sep 13, 2011 at 04:26 PM. Reason: found the answer!
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 13, 2011, 06:21 PM
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,248 Posts
hi. welcome to the hobby (aka fun & frustration)
good job on finding your own answer, wish more hobbyists put a similar effort into searching out a solution.
Curious to hear your first impressions on this heli as there has been little posted about 8830/8831 models.
I do think it will be underpowered with a 7.4v battery. I see they are using a Li-Ion pack as well, maybe for c of g purposes as they are a bit heavier than LiPo. Thereīs a German youtube vid on 8830 where he puts down the tx and leaves the heli floating, but it keeps dropping to the floor which tells me not enough battery oomph i.e the voltage drop on the batt pack from running 2 x 380 motors on a heli that size and weight must be drawing quite a few amps.
If the 4 in 1 could handle a higher voltage it would be nice, but donīt recommend it.
mono is offline Find More Posts by mono
Old Nov 15, 2013, 11:00 AM
Joined Nov 2013
2 Posts
SH 8830 Swift

Hi,

I have test flown the 8830 and it certainly hasn't got a power problem with the 7.4v system which is used form most helicopters in this size class.

I have refurbished two of the 8830 helis and put one of our 1600mAh Li-Poly batteries in them and fly great just as good if not better than some in its class.

Regards, Julian.

www.rccontrolfreak.co.uk
RC Control Freak is offline Find More Posts by RC Control Freak
Old Nov 15, 2013, 02:09 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
Kind of late to the party, aren't you?
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14