HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by Pudknocker71, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 01, 2014, 05:42 PM
Registered User
Danny_Swe's Avatar
Joined Jul 2011
222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoov128 View Post
That 'cold' pic is really nice, Danny... great job!
thanks
Danny_Swe is offline Find More Posts by Danny_Swe
Reply With Quote
Old May 01, 2014, 08:38 PM
Registered User
wblacker's Avatar
USA, VA, Fort Belvoir
Joined Jun 2008
436 Posts
I always like looking at the incredible photo's folks share here, thought I would share one of mine.
wblacker is offline Find More Posts by wblacker
Reply With Quote
Old May 01, 2014, 10:45 PM
Rocket Programmer
jasmine2501's Avatar
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dll932 View Post
I seriously hope you took out a policy on your gear!
Yeah I have standard renters insurance. I never thought about camera insurance, but there apparently is such a thing...

https://www.ppa.com/applications/Got...m:80/insurance

Heck of a good point though. The Sony camera body is only worth $500, but the four lenses - two of them were 'expensive' and the other two are Sony low end lenses. It would be about $4000 to replace that stuff, but it's more about the pain in the ass than the money. It took me a long time to find the right lenses for it and if I was to get new ones today I would get the full frame model instead of the 65. So, I pretty much keep my camera stuff with me all the time. I don't leave it sitting around in the car and stuff.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Reply With Quote
Old May 01, 2014, 10:51 PM
Who, ME?
dll932's Avatar
Euclid Ohio
Joined May 2005
319 Posts
You can get a personal articles floater policy from your agent. Cost maybe $80/year, covers all loss or damage of listed articles.
dll932 is online now Find More Posts by dll932
Reply With Quote
Old May 02, 2014, 07:56 PM
Registered User
Danny_Swe's Avatar
Joined Jul 2011
222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wblacker View Post
I always like looking at the incredible photo's folks share here, thought I would share one of mine.
nice! how many exposures?
Danny_Swe is offline Find More Posts by Danny_Swe
Reply With Quote
Old May 05, 2014, 02:07 PM
Warbird junkie
Dwhart24's Avatar
Oviedo, FL.
Joined Feb 2009
2,015 Posts
A couple from Top Gun.

DSC_5868 by dwhart24, on Flickr

DSC_5856 by dwhart24, on Flickr
Dwhart24 is offline Find More Posts by Dwhart24
Reply With Quote
Old May 05, 2014, 03:12 PM
Who, ME?
dll932's Avatar
Euclid Ohio
Joined May 2005
319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwhart24 View Post
A couple from Top Gun.

DSC_5868 by dwhart24, on Flickr

DSC_5856 by dwhart24, on Flickr
Very well done! How much post-processing did you have to do (if any)? Use a polarizer?
dll932 is online now Find More Posts by dll932
Reply With Quote
Old May 05, 2014, 03:14 PM
Who, ME?
dll932's Avatar
Euclid Ohio
Joined May 2005
319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
Yeah I have standard renters insurance. I never thought about camera insurance, but there apparently is such a thing...

https://www.ppa.com/applications/Got...m:80/insurance

Heck of a good point though. The Sony camera body is only worth $500, but the four lenses - two of them were 'expensive' and the other two are Sony low end lenses. It would be about $4000 to replace that stuff, but it's more about the pain in the ass than the money. It took me a long time to find the right lenses for it and if I was to get new ones today I would get the full frame model instead of the 65. So, I pretty much keep my camera stuff with me all the time. I don't leave it sitting around in the car and stuff.
Nice thing about a personal articles floater-no deductible on agreed value, no depreciation either. If it's listed as $3000 dollars on the policy that's what you get. If you knock it off a table and things go sproing, repair is covered, whatever it costs. BTW, there is NO way to cover a GPS or radar detector that I know of.
dll932 is online now Find More Posts by dll932
Reply With Quote
Old May 05, 2014, 03:26 PM
Exodus 4:13
bhoov128's Avatar
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
9,506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwhart24 View Post
A couple from Top Gun.

DSC_5868 by dwhart24, on Flickr

DSC_5856 by dwhart24, on Flickr
Good NIGHT those photos are great, and the fact that those are models is astounding!!
bhoov128 is online now Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick
Reply With Quote
Old May 05, 2014, 03:49 PM
Registered User
Danny_Swe's Avatar
Joined Jul 2011
222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dll932 View Post
Very well done! How much post-processing did you have to do (if any)? Use a polarizer?
terrific! great models and fantastic shot/postprocessing
Danny_Swe is offline Find More Posts by Danny_Swe
Reply With Quote
Old May 05, 2014, 04:58 PM
Warbird junkie
Dwhart24's Avatar
Oviedo, FL.
Joined Feb 2009
2,015 Posts
Thanks guys! Quite a bit of post processing, but no polarizer.
Dwhart24 is offline Find More Posts by Dwhart24
Reply With Quote
Old May 05, 2014, 07:05 PM
Fly It Til the Wings Fall Off
scotty909's Avatar
United States, ME, Parkman
Joined Apr 2012
538 Posts
I found these photos on a spare hard drive I have, I forgot all about these. They were taken about 10 yrs ago on film and then scanned from the negative. I'd love to fly an old stick and rudder plane.
scotty909 is offline Find More Posts by scotty909
Reply With Quote
Old May 06, 2014, 12:18 AM
Rocket Programmer
jasmine2501's Avatar
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwhart24 View Post
A couple from Top Gun.
Very nice as always! I love planes like that, but I don't think I would ever want to fly one. Too much work to put up in the air!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dll932 View Post
Nice thing about a personal articles floater-no deductible on agreed value, no depreciation either. If it's listed as $3000 dollars on the policy that's what you get. If you knock it off a table and things go sproing, repair is covered, whatever it costs. BTW, there is NO way to cover a GPS or radar detector that I know of.
Ok well thanks for the advice I will look into it.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Reply With Quote
Old May 06, 2014, 01:34 AM
Defies Logic & Common Sense
speedactyl's Avatar
Philippines, NCR, Makati City
Joined Jun 2012
1,086 Posts
Scale fun and Cinematography

the Guys at our local club where having way too fun , we have a scaling problem.?









speedactyl is offline Find More Posts by speedactyl
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by speedactyl; May 06, 2014 at 02:59 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stevens Aero Appreciation Thread - Show Off Your Models!!! (Part 2) doc-e Parkflyers 1071 Sep 28, 2014 05:27 PM
Gallery *The Official Parkflyer PICTURE Thread* show off your parkflyers here! bigstatik Parkflyers 84 Apr 03, 2010 10:57 PM
Yippee! Slow Stick Appreciation Thread-Show off your model--Part 1 Spencer J Parkflyers 80 Jul 18, 2009 06:40 AM
Mountain Models Appreciation Thread-Show off your models! Mindblade Parkflyers 501 Apr 18, 2005 12:46 PM
Stevens Aero Appreciation Thread - Show Off Your Models!!! doc-e Parkflyers 535 Feb 20, 2005 08:29 AM