HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 01, 2010, 08:06 PM
Airplane crasher
USA, CT, Shelton
Joined Jan 2008
2,720 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dag214 View Post
If I remember right you planked all your fuse, that gave me the inspiration I needed to plank the tight curves on my 36. I think you planked your fuse...

And I will get the Calendar tomorrow

Thanks, Dag
Yes I did plank the fuse as well as the nacelle's Theywere done with 1/16, but that is a bit thin after sanding. Also for a great filler go to an autobody supply house and get some Icing. Its super lightweight and smooths great. You can even brush it on.
CapMike is online now Find More Posts by CapMike
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 01, 2010, 08:08 PM
Airplane crasher
USA, CT, Shelton
Joined Jan 2008
2,720 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew73 View Post
Those girls give me plank. Rock on.
I hear that. A comment from a guy passing by was that he thought the plane grew a bit while they were holding it . I know I did.
CapMike is online now Find More Posts by CapMike
Old Jun 01, 2010, 09:13 PM
South Carolina
Joined May 2003
308 Posts
Public Service Announcement

1. Note the "Report This Post to a Moderator" link in the upper right corner of each posting, click it as needed. You will be taken to a new page.

2. Under the heading "What would you like the moderator to do?" select an appropriate response such as "Trolling (Provocation)".

3. Type a short reason for reporting the offensive post in the "Message:" box.

4. Click the "Send Report" button.
Dogsbd is offline Find More Posts by Dogsbd
Old Jun 01, 2010, 10:25 PM
Wichita, Ks.
Joined Feb 2004
224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapMike View Post
The Rainbow twins are the Republic XF-12 Rainbows built by myself and Zeke Brubaker. We had them at the American Airpower Museum at Republic Airfield in Farmingdale, N.Y. here are a couple pictures. Sorry about the beautiful women holding them
Okay Dag, nothing personal but this is the best post yet in this thread!
n001pa is offline Find More Posts by n001pa
Old Jun 01, 2010, 11:23 PM
Flying electric since 1986
USA, IN, Brownsburg
Joined Oct 2000
1,763 Posts
Hey Dag,

I rode out to Tuscon last week and snapped these at the Pima Air Museum. Just a bit of inspiration, not like you need it...

Mark Wolf is online now Find More Posts by Mark Wolf
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Stevens Aeromodel Skybuggy 100
Old Jun 01, 2010, 11:30 PM
USA, CA, San Bernardino
Joined Oct 2009
100 Posts
B-36 Plans

Hello Damon,

Your B-36 looks Great and I have no doubt that it will fly great. You will no doubt receive a lot of requests to bring it to events.

I know you are busy but would it be possible to get a copy of your B-36 plans at half the size your making? If they can be printed that would be great. Just let me know the cost. There is no rush for this request! Thank you.

Designated a No Troll Zone!

Best Regards,

Gary
greeter896 is offline Find More Posts by greeter896
Old Jun 02, 2010, 02:52 AM
I'd Rather Be Flying
Stockton CA
Joined Feb 2009
571 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapMike View Post
The Rainbow twins are the Republic XF-12 Rainbows built by myself and Zeke Brubaker. We had them at the American Airpower Museum at Republic Airfield in Farmingdale, N.Y. here are a couple pictures. Sorry about the beautiful women holding them
Where do I get that calender?
I just saw post 7555... nevermind hehehe On its way to my mailbox...
RCBlackSheep is offline Find More Posts by RCBlackSheep
Last edited by RCBlackSheep; Jun 02, 2010 at 03:01 AM.
Old Jun 02, 2010, 03:01 AM
United States, ID, Rexburg
Joined Sep 2008
6,430 Posts
Thanks dogsbed I will indeed report the post from that jerk. I appreciate it.
Foo
fooman2008 is offline Find More Posts by fooman2008
Old Jun 02, 2010, 04:17 AM
It only takes one good idea
Fishers, Indiana
Joined Oct 2004
5,746 Posts
Got an e-mail asking about my PZ F4U flaps I made.

Attached are a few pics.

And.... Youtube Video of flap test.
F4U flap test (2 min 16 sec)

The F4U now has a 161 flights and all on my ThunderPower packs. And my ThunderPower packs still hold a huge charge, actually I can't tell any difference from when I bought them. The video was from last year the day before our 4th BBQ and Airshow for the neighborhood.

And my junked up biplane I use for the airshow.
Airshow 2009 rehearsal (2 min 13 sec)

Thanks, Dag

And don't give me any heat about flying over the houses. My neighbors all love my planes, and I only fly foam planes at the house.
dag214 is online now Find More Posts by dag214
Old Jun 02, 2010, 04:25 AM
Fishers, Indiana
Joined Oct 2004
5,746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by n001pa View Post
Okay Dag, nothing personal but this is the best post yet in this thread!

What....... You think those hot babes and that awesome plane is better than a nude B-36D with out any aluminum

Tell me it is not so.....

Rock On!
Dag
Old Jun 02, 2010, 04:26 AM
Fishers, Indiana
Joined Oct 2004
5,746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Wolf View Post
Hey Dag,

I rode out to Tuscon last week and snapped these at the Pima Air Museum. Just a bit of inspiration, not like you need it...

I love that paint job, if my skin ends up being a total pain, then I will have to put paint on it like this one.

Very cool pics.

Thanks, Dag
Old Jun 02, 2010, 04:31 AM
Fishers, Indiana
Joined Oct 2004
5,746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by greeter896 View Post
Hello Damon,

Your B-36 looks Great and I have no doubt that it will fly great. You will no doubt receive a lot of requests to bring it to events.

I know you are busy but would it be possible to get a copy of your B-36 plans at half the size your making? If they can be printed that would be great. Just let me know the cost. There is no rush for this request! Thank you.

Best Regards,

Gary
Hi Gary,
PM me your e-mail so I can go off line with this. I will make available to anyone who wants a set of drawings. I call them drawings and not plans. They are drawings with all the parts, but no directions on anything. The drawings contain, fuse, wing, nacelles, V-stab, H-stab, BB-doors.

If I have to plot the drawings on paper I might have to charge for materials, but the drawings are free. I am busy as many of you know so it is best that you PM me and I can start a list thru e-mails.

Rock Onward all,

Dag
Old Jun 02, 2010, 06:50 AM
Fishers, Indiana
Joined Oct 2004
5,746 Posts
This forum is really funny.

Just had a guy e-mail some awesome accessories links for H2's, and what he did to his H2 to get better gas mileage. I may have to look at what he did to his. I had no idea there was so much stuff out there for H2's. As I think many of you know I only need a vehicle to pull a trailer, and to go back and forth to the airport. I only put about 5-8,000 miles a year on a vehicle. My Avalanche was needed so I could pull a trailer, I got about 19 on the highway, and about 14 in the city. Pulling a trailer about 14 highway, and 11 city. The Hummer pulling my trailer gets about 13 Highway and 12 city. So as you can see when pulling a trailer no big deal, and that is at 64mph with CC on.

I had no idea there were H2 forums, and guys here following both.

It is cool how many here really care about my well-being.

Thanks!
Dag
Old Jun 02, 2010, 08:25 AM
Canada, BC, Abbotsford
Joined Jan 2003
4,665 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by greeter896 View Post
Hello Damon,

Best Regards,

Gary
Quote:
Hi Gary,
PM me your e-mail so I can go off line with this. I will make available to anyone who wants a set of drawings. I call them drawings and not plans. They are drawings with all the parts, but no directions on anything. The drawings contain, fuse, wing, nacelles, V-stab, H-stab, BB-doors.

If I have to plot the drawings on paper I might have to charge for materials, but the drawings are free. I am busy as many of you know so it is best that you PM me and I can start a list thru e-mails.

Rock Onward all,

Dag
Dag:
I'd also like a set at 1/2 size (your not the full size)
Sending you a PM in regards to this.
Rick
RiBell is offline Find More Posts by RiBell
Old Jun 02, 2010, 09:12 AM
SENTA A PUAAA!!!
Brazil, RJ, Miguel Pereira
Joined Apr 2007
919 Posts
Quote:

What....... You think those hot babes and that awesome plane is better than a nude B-36D with out any aluminum

Tell me it is not so.....

Rock On!
Dag

LOL
Wilian Amaral is offline Find More Posts by Wilian Amaral