Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 08, 2014, 02:47 PM
United States, MA, Attleboro
Joined Aug 2013
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilliamsrc View Post
I am surpised you did not use the JR3711HV they are less $$ and drop right in the servo bay.
Jeff
They were out of stock at the time. The 9411s are also faster, by about .02 or so, and have more torque, which was the selling point for me.
JLongton is online now Find More Posts by JLongton
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 08, 2014, 02:56 PM
Joined Aug 2013
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio AV8TOR View Post
Hum, I disagree but maybe it is the type of maneuvers we fly or how tight we want them to wrap. Crankshafts and Tumbles are by far tighter and more violent with extreme elevator throw and I even see improvements in Parachutes and Elevators. I fly 3 different rates with the third only the elevator going extreme and I can tell right away when I forget to go to the extreme throw. I have not tried 65 however I am comparing to 45. My 7245's do not stall.
45 degrees is too little. I found no difference in the tightness of my waterfalls at 80 degrees and at 65, which is still a hell of a lot of throw. On top of that 80 made everything too difficult, harriers were terrible to manage as was everything else other than tumbles.

But who knows, it may just be flying style.

That is the really great thing about the MXS. With the SFGs and wing tips it is like bringing three different planes to the field.
Old Jul 08, 2014, 03:01 PM
Yin & Yang
United States, VA, Sterling
Joined Jul 2011
3,481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio AV8TOR View Post
Hum, I disagree but maybe it is the type of maneuvers we fly or how tight we want them to wrap. Crankshafts and Tumbles are by far tighter and more violent with extreme elevator throw and I even see improvements in Parachutes and Elevators. I fly 3 different rates with the third only the elevator going extreme and I can tell right away when I forget to go to the extreme throw. I have not tried 65 however I am comparing to 45. My 7245's do not stall.
I'm with you on this. I also use a 3rd rate for extreme elevator. My normal 3D rate is about 45-50 It's too much of a pita doing harrier with the extreme elevator but KE spins and crankshafts wrap up a whole lot tighter with 85 of elevator. And parachutes are very close to vertical.
Liberty10 is online now Find More Posts by Liberty10
Old Jul 08, 2014, 04:08 PM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,303 Posts
Crud, forgot ipass and decals at home...i will have to mail (and pay tolls)
7oneWo1f is online now Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Jul 08, 2014, 09:19 PM
Russia, near Vladivostok
Joined Jun 2008
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suds View Post
Added some yellow to the leading edge to help with orientation of the green machine (pic taken before SFGs which I just put on this weekend).

very nice!
common green became not so dark
or so photos made?
Terranozavr is offline Find More Posts by Terranozavr
Old Jul 10, 2014, 12:08 PM
Altitude is my friend...
Southern California
Joined May 2009
1,363 Posts
Finally ordered mine. Ships today. I'm looking forward to the leisurely build.

I bit the bullet and spent more on the HS-7245MH servos than I did on the plane! I hope they're worth it.

I also splurged on the motor: I got a Motrolfly, with the fiberglass mount. I have two Vox woodie props, 15x8 and 16x7, ready for it.

ESC is a CC Phoenix Edge Lite 100 with the separate 10-amp BEC set for 7.4 volts.

Needless to say, I'll be putting way more money into the air with this rig than I ever have before. I'm sure it'll be a great plane and all, but it'll need to be to be worth the expense...
Depronicus is offline Find More Posts by Depronicus
Old Jul 10, 2014, 01:04 PM
Joined Aug 2013
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Depronicus View Post
Finally ordered mine. Ships today. I'm looking forward to the leisurely build.

I bit the bullet and spent more on the HS-7245MH servos than I did on the plane! I hope they're worth it.

I also splurged on the motor: I got a Motrolfly, with the fiberglass mount. I have two Vox woodie props, 15x8 and 16x7, ready for it.

ESC is a CC Phoenix Edge Lite 100 with the separate 10-amp BEC set for 7.4 volts.

Needless to say, I'll be putting way more money into the air with this rig than I ever have before. I'm sure it'll be a great plane and all, but it'll need to be to be worth the expense...
It will be. I would buy mine again in a heartbeat.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 07:11 PM
They Call him Dead!
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
6,525 Posts
Oh, you gonna LOVE IT!
YellowJacketsRC is online now Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
Old Jul 10, 2014, 08:26 PM
Grass stain your plane.
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Feb 2011
204 Posts
Does anybody have some decals I can buy? Mostly, Im looking for the big MXSs, I messed one of mine up.
RAlanBoyle is offline Find More Posts by RAlanBoyle
Old Jul 10, 2014, 08:41 PM
They Call him Dead!
Joined Jul 2003
6,525 Posts
Send me your address....
Old Jul 12, 2014, 10:05 PM
United States, PA, Erie
Joined Nov 2000
166 Posts
Hello,

I have a MXS with the recommended Torque motor and Airboss ESC. I bumped the prop on a landing and now the motor is stuttering when I power up. It did not do this before I bumped the prop. What should I look for in the motor that might cause this stuttering?

Thanks,
John
jmiceli11 is offline Find More Posts by jmiceli11
Old Jul 12, 2014, 10:50 PM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,303 Posts
I'd take the motor off, remove the bell, inspect magnets and possibly replace bearings.
7oneWo1f is online now Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Jul 12, 2014, 11:06 PM
They Call him Dead!
Joined Jul 2003
6,525 Posts
I'd replace the prop with a well balanced prop first.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 11:08 PM
This is NOT a TOY?
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Jul 2011
2,425 Posts
Yes, definitely check magnets and bearings.
Also check all your bullet connections, and if they're physically tight, then all your solder joints.
Someone just went through this recently and simply had a bad solder joint.

Oh... and if your bullets aren't individually wrapped either with heatshrink or tape where they plug together...
make sure that you don't have two rubbing up against each other. Had that one happen to me earlier this year.
Bad intermittent stutter, then when I came in I smelled insulation.
Initially thought I'd smoked the motor but had only damaged two of the bullets.
Replaced those and it has been trouble-free ever since.
C_Watkins is online now Find More Posts by C_Watkins
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 10:08 AM
Altitude is my friend...
Southern California
Joined May 2009
1,363 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Watkins View Post
...Also check all your bullet connections, and if they're physically tight, then all your solder joints...
You wouldn't think that such simple connections could be the source of so much trouble, but they can be. They're always the first thing you should check.
Depronicus is offline Find More Posts by Depronicus