HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 10, 2010, 05:02 PM
slope addict
Norway
Joined Apr 2006
34 Posts
I never said Graupner was superior to other systems. Where do you get that from???
I have flown with Sanwa, JR, Futaba and Graupner radios, and can not be said to be any Graupner fanboy as you try to make me into. I go for the system I find to be the best at any given time. For the time beeing this is Jeti Duplex inside a MC-22.

Nor have I ever said that HOTT was developed "in-house" by Graupner. It was developed as a cooperation between Graupner engineers and hired expertise from outside. But I did not say anything about this in my post.
So again. Where do you read me saying that???

What I do know is that Graupner have said that they see the importance of having a 2.4 system that they have full control of.
My interpretation of this is that Graupner have no more patience with empty promises from XPS/IFS and maybe no longer wants to be assosiated with XPS/IFS... (Yes my own conclusion. Feel free to burn me for it if it turns out I'm wrong)

Graupner has also statet that they will support all 3 2.4 systems they now have in their product line. And then let the marked decide which of these systems is preferred. i.e they don't plan to have all of them for ever. Someone is got to go.
Given the proper conduct in every day buisness life I say Graupner is going a long way to mark their distance to XPS/IFS. But then again. I might be wrong. Time will tell... (I'll buy you the matches if I'm wrong)

But ok. To the point.
I'm just fed up with the same persons destroying threads like this with blabla and mumbo jumbo about FCC and all this crap. As a potential user of this system i could'nt care less about FCC and the inner life of the compeeting companies. I just want a product that works for me.
Thats what my post was all about. No more, no less..

It is a well known fact that many companies use forums like this actively to try to "win one over" as a customer. I just don't like that way of doing things as I think most people are intelligent enough to make their own choices based on personal preference.

As I said. I visited this thread to find out more about HOTT since I'm curious about several of the new products to arrive on the market. And do not want to plough through 100 posts of yakyak to find the actual few post saying anything about the product.
torgust is offline Find More Posts by torgust
Last edited by torgust; Dec 11, 2010 at 03:25 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2010, 06:12 AM
The truth will prevail
Westbury, NY
Joined Nov 2009
682 Posts
Quote:
It was developed as a cooperation between Graupner engineers and hired expertise from outside
Graupner does not have the technical competence to develop a 2.4 GHz system.They just did the specification and masterplan for the HoTT system, which was developed in Korea.

Actually Graupner misses all due dates for delivery of HoTT components to their customers.

In follow up to Graupner's intensive marketing of the Korean HoTT system, Weatroinic (Germany) has cancelled now their close relationship and cooperation with Graupner.

Juergen
skyrock is offline Find More Posts by skyrock
Old Dec 11, 2010, 03:24 PM
slope addict
Norway
Joined Apr 2006
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrock View Post
Graupner does not have the technical competence to develop a 2.4 GHz system.They just did the specification and masterplan for the HoTT system, which was developed in Korea.
According to my information you are wrong. What is your source for this statement?
The HOTT system was developed in Kirccheim, Germany at Graupners facility as an joint effort between Graupners engineers and hired expertise.
This comes from the new head of developement in Graupner. One mr Helbing, and Graupners commercial director.

The production though will be in Korea since production costs will be to high in Europe.

Quote:
Actually Graupner misses all due dates for delivery of HoTT components to their customers.
The first HOTT systems was available 2-3 weeks before Graupners promised due date, so I can't see any truth to your statement!
I must say I rely on my source far over Your words.

But you've got some stamina when it comes to trolling. I'll give You that
Old Dec 12, 2010, 02:47 AM
The truth will prevail
Westbury, NY
Joined Nov 2009
682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by torgust View Post
According to my information you are wrong. What is your source for this statement?
The HOTT system was developed in Kirccheim, Germany at Graupners facility as an joint effort between Graupners engineers and hired expertise.
This comes from the new head of developement in Graupner. One mr Helbing, and Graupners commercial director.

The production though will be in Korea since production costs will be to high in Europe.

The first HOTT systems was available 2-3 weeks before Graupners promised due date, so I can't see any truth to your statement!
I must say I rely on my source far over Your words.

But you've got some stamina when it comes to trolling. I'll give You that
Well my source is the CEO of Graupner, Stefan Graupner, who when presenting the system on the Friedrichshafen fair, told the press: "We have specified the system and in follow up it has been developed by our Korean partner!"
Actually if you go to Graupner's HP the due days are postponed by the computer system on a day by day basis. Everybody can see this and follow this procedure.

By the way, the truth will prevail!

Juergen
skyrock is offline Find More Posts by skyrock
Old Dec 12, 2010, 04:45 AM
Slovakia
Joined Apr 2005
3,386 Posts
All these words about who an where developed it, are irrelevant.
What will matter is the number of lockouts and crashes and the way how Graupner will handle them. And then the price.
Using external box to setup and display telemetry, moves HOTT into segment where very strong competitors do exist.
coro is offline Find More Posts by coro
Old Dec 12, 2010, 08:07 AM
slope addict
Norway
Joined Apr 2006
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coro View Post
All these words about who an where developed it, are irrelevant.
I agree. I'll leave this subject.
One can not argue a with a man stating "the thruth will prevail" anyway
Old Dec 12, 2010, 09:32 AM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,195 Posts
Seems that the harder our Hitec troll tries to steer people away from Hott or Jeti, the less he succeeds.
Julez is online now Find More Posts by Julez
Old Dec 12, 2010, 10:02 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,682 Posts
Graupner has absolutely no electronics engineering staff. Uwe Stellar is the only software engineer (and he works at home more than 2 hours away from Kirchiem). Graupner does not actually design or manufacturer ANY electronics in house. They do produce their own boat hulls, some plastics, foamie type aircraft, their own manuals (with an incredible printing setup), and of course balsawood. That is all they have the ability to produce.at their facility (which of course I have toured on numerous occassions). Graupner does have products made for them from all over the world to their specifications.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 12, 2010, 10:55 AM
53859 Niederkassel, Germany
Joined Sep 2000
18,757 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
Uwe Stellar is the only software engineer (and he works at home more than 2 hours away from Kirchiem). ...
109km is about an hours drive, i.e not more than 2 hours (unless there is a serious traffic jam, or if he decides to use the scenic route and stop at BurgerKing or McDonalds ).

Jürgen
Jurgen Heilig is online now Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Jurgen Heilig; Dec 19, 2010 at 02:53 AM.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 10:58 AM
Joined Sep 2000
18,757 Posts
Quote:
Well almost everything with the HoTT system is a promise so far! Most of its components have not been delivered and shipped to the customers. Neither is the system proven in pactice.
The HoTT system has of course been tested at various locations - especially where problems have been reported with other 2.4GHz systems.

Jürgen
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: InterModellBau 2014
Old Dec 12, 2010, 11:01 AM
Joined Sep 2000
18,757 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
Sadly, Hans Graupner officially retired from management just two weeks ago.
The declaration of conformity for my mx-16 HoTT was signed by Hans Graupner on 05. October 2010.

Jürgen
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: InterModellBau 2014
Old Dec 12, 2010, 01:16 PM
Joined Sep 2002
1,037 Posts
How about another JR?
Pippin is offline Find More Posts by Pippin
Old Dec 12, 2010, 01:21 PM
Joined Sep 2002
1,037 Posts
Here:
Pippin is offline Find More Posts by Pippin
Old Dec 12, 2010, 01:33 PM
Waitin' on a sunny day :)
Slovenia
Joined Oct 2009
168 Posts
Jurger Heilig please at least you tell us some useful things, and how the system works, because I'm also interest for HoTT module in my mc-19. And I want to hear it's working etc.

Thank you!
SamoK is offline Find More Posts by SamoK