SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 08, 2014, 08:27 PM
Joined Dec 2014
1 Posts
Help!
High Current Alexmos 32bit BCG

Hello Everybody,
I was hoping somebody on these forums has some experience with the High current Alexmos board from Gothelirc. Seen here

http://www.gothelirc.com/shopexd.asp?id=2240

It is advertised as having 20Amps per motor port.

I combined the Alexmos with 3 Foxtech 8108-90T Brushless Gimbal Motors and a 3-1 gear ratio to provide some extra turning power using a red epic camera.

The problem that I am having is when everything is powered up the gimbal motors are only pulling 1 amp max from the alexmos board ?!?. I have tried adjusting the power to each motor from the board anywhere from 50-250 and the power draw remains the same. The Gimbal motors however get warm with the power at 250 as I would have expected. Unfortunately the turning power remains insufficient to smoothly rotate my camera.

While i would like to believe that this is some new marvel of engineering that doesn't require power to operate a brushless gimbal it can't possibly be the case.

I Have built several other gimbals using various other components but none of them utilize the high current board from alexmos. Secondly if the motors only require 1 amp per motor why would a high current board be needed?

-The Motors are advertised to work with a red epic camera.

-The Gimbal is balanced on every axis imaginable (So i'd like to believe due to my efforts).

-The brushless controller board is powered directly from a 6s Battery

So now the questions:
Is the low power caused by:
-Hardware?
The motor ports have 4 wires and i'm only using 3. (Each port has an additional ground wire and others labeled UVW) Why does a brushless motor require a ground wire?
-Software?
Besides setting the Power to an appropriate level but far from the max to avoid random vibrations are there other variables that control the motors ability to operate the camera to include its current draw while on?

I am by no means an expert utilizing this control board / software from alexmos and any help regarding these issues would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for anybody who can help
Crono1124 is offline Find More Posts by Crono1124
to remove ads between posts