HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 02, 2014, 09:06 AM
The New DaVinci
United States, GA, Summerville
Joined Oct 2013
403 Posts
Discussion
Watch out using CC at BangGood

There was just a report in the Mini Multirotor forums from RcfanJapan that reads
"Do not use the credit card option to pay Banggood. Select the Paypal option and process your Credit card that way.
After placing some orders with Banggood my credit card company had to block several attempts at using my card to buy from various places.
$450 from Bestbuy.
$521 from N2G export.
Were the biggest attempts.
So, please be aware that someone at Banggood is using CC details.
If you are ordering from them, let your CC company know and tell them to block any other transaction not processed by Banggood.

I have never used the credit card other then to pay road tolls in Japan. The first time I used it online was with Banggood and my details were immediately used to attempt to commit fraud.
100% issue with Banggoods CC processing. "

Here's the link so you can see it yourself
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2296626

I was gonna suggest to the guy that he should move it here but then again it should be posted in every forums to warn people, so I just copied it here.

Tis the Season for scammers
Magoo76 is online now Find More Posts by Magoo76
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 02, 2014, 09:22 AM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
3,295 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I purchase from Banggood from time to time and have always used Paypal. I'll keep doing it that way. Thank you
johnbyrne is offline Find More Posts by johnbyrne
Old Dec 02, 2014, 01:52 PM
United States, CA, El Cerrito
Joined Jan 2007
1,115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbyrne View Post
Thanks for the heads up. I purchase from Banggood from time to time and have always used Paypal. I'll keep doing it that way. Thank you
I second that. Can I use your paypal Johnbyrne?
Ebolavoodoo is online now Find More Posts by Ebolavoodoo
Old Dec 02, 2014, 06:27 PM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
3,295 Posts
lol you too funny
johnbyrne is offline Find More Posts by johnbyrne
Old Dec 03, 2014, 07:24 PM
Buyer rating is really 5
Joined Feb 2013
262 Posts
Could be coincidence, but it's quite possible Banggood was hacked and is not intentionally trying to scam cards. Another possibility is that their site developer "rigged" the website so that they have personal access to this info. They probably store card numbers on an internet accessible computer, which in the US is not legal, although BSD Micro did it some years ago and a number of us had the same thing happen, with mysterious attempted charges. Fortunately for me, the bank stopped it, but not for others. We have all these irresponsible businesses to thank for apparently making Paypal both rich, and a mandatory way to do business.
AntiArf is offline Find More Posts by AntiArf