SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 08, 2013, 09:13 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,937 Posts
Ok, so at what point do you see this message? That message is displayed only when it can't find an XtremeLink receiver or transmitter module (typically you don't have the device in computer programming mode). So, if you can view settings, set failsafes, etc. then the XDP and receiver are talking just fine.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 08, 2013, 06:01 PM
Bunbury, WA, Australia
Joined Oct 2006
54 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
Ok, so at what point do you see this message? That message is displayed only when it can't find an XtremeLink receiver or transmitter module (typically you don't have the device in computer programming mode). So, if you can view settings, set failsafes, etc. then the XDP and receiver are talking just fine.
Jim, I place the Nano into programming mode, XPD finds it, I can change any of the settings and save back to the Nano. So contact is there.
Now maybe this is where I am making a misstep.
I run the 4.1 updater, that's when the message appears, even though the XDP and the Nano are talking.
I am sure that on previous occasions this procedure worked.

George.
GEORGE III is offline Find More Posts by GEORGE III
Old Nov 08, 2013, 11:20 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,937 Posts
You can only run one program that uses the XDP at a time. Close the XDP.exe program and then run the updater. Keep in mind that when you exit either program, the receiver will reboot - meaning you have to put it into programming mode again.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 09, 2013, 02:01 AM
Bunbury, WA, Australia
Joined Oct 2006
54 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
You can only run one program that uses the XDP at a time. Close the XDP.exe program and then run the updater. Keep in mind that when you exit either program, the receiver will reboot - meaning you have to put it into programming mode again.
Ah, thankee kindly, my mistake.
GEORGE III is offline Find More Posts by GEORGE III
Old Nov 09, 2013, 05:33 AM
speed-boater
Stuttgart, Germany
Joined Apr 2010
213 Posts
Good morning Jim.

I found that a lot of users misunderstand the update procedure and try to use the xdp-software for update or run it parallel to the update-file.

I think it would be very helpfull if you can create one more of those wonderful "how to" videos for receiver programming and/or updating procedures.

Roland
rbachmann is offline Find More Posts by rbachmann
Old Nov 09, 2013, 03:48 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,937 Posts
Good idea, Roland.

I did check and you can't run the XDP.exe at the same time as any other app - you get an error about the XDP or Telemetry Station not being connected. I think the issue most are running into is that they run the XDP.exe program by mistake after putting the receiver into computer programming mode. They meant to run the updater instead. When you close the XDP.exe or updater program, the receiver is sent a command to exit computer programming mode - so now it is ready to communicate with a transmitter, not talk to the XDP or Telemetry Station hardware anymore. So, if you run the updater at this point, it can't find any XtremeLink device because you no longer have one in computer programming mode.
RCG Plus Member