SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 18, 2012, 05:19 AM
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined Feb 2012
271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankS View Post
No it's a bug in the Dx6i if you set the timer to count down and then go over the count down and then switch off or reset it, it sometimes resets the timer but changes it from DOWN to UP, so instead of counting down from say 4 mins it starts counting up, the only way to correct it is to go back to the timer settings and change it from UP to DOWN. Annoying but at least it has a timer which many 6 channel sets don't.
Never had the issue thankfully, I do however always reset my timer before turning off the radio.
liduno is offline Find More Posts by liduno
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 18, 2012, 07:08 AM
United States, AR, Lockesburg
Joined Feb 2012
1,084 Posts
DX6i
Thanks for the replys I thought I was just going crazy. Started wondering about other settings. Peace of mind is a good thing, thanks. Has anyone noticed vertical lines in the display if the voltage drops below 4.9v? When I see the lines I know its time to charge.
Petrie is offline Find More Posts by Petrie
Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:28 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Guys... Don't waste you're time on the microheli stuff. I bought their tailshaft and the thing is like puddy. It bends if you breathe on it wrong. And that would be fine if it weren't marketed as an upgrade... But it is. So be warned. I've now ordered a few stock tail shafts.
Turnerm,

I'm hoping that the new tail-shaft & grips with angular contact bearings from Xtreme Production will be just what we're looking for. They're not on the website yet, but they're supposed to be released soon:

Their soon-to-be-released steel gear set also looks interesting. I'd still use a plastic D-gear, though. There's always a fuse somewhere. I'd rather have it be the D-gear than something else:

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by turboparker; Dec 18, 2012 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Typo
Old Dec 18, 2012, 11:11 AM
REYNALDO
Cyprus, Nicosia
Joined Dec 2011
246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Turnerm,

I'm hoping that the new tail-shaft & grips with angular contact bearings from Extreme Production will be just what we're looking for. They're not on the website yet, but they're supposed to be released soon:

Their soon-to-be-released steel gear set also looks interesting. I'd still use a plastic D-gear, though. There's always a fuse somewhere. I'd rather have it be the D-gear than something else:

Joel
wow this is very interesting please post the sites soon bro.
rynldgalano is offline Find More Posts by rynldgalano
Old Dec 18, 2012, 11:34 AM
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynldgalano View Post
wow this is very interesting please post the sites soon bro.
I'm not sure when the parts will be released. There is a thread on HF that's dedicated to Xtreme parts for the 130X. That's where I read about these. I suggest checking Xtreme Production's website periodically. Given the dismal performance of the other aftermarket tail-shafts, I think I'll wait for some reports, though. I don't want to end up with a 'butter-steel' shaft. However, Xtreme is noted for their great engineering & use of quality metals, so I wouldn't think they'd take a chance on hurting their reputation by chincing-out on the tail-shaft.

Joel
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 18, 2012, 11:45 AM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Joined Jun 2009
2,277 Posts
I have the Extreme main blade grips. nicely made, but WAY heavier than the stock that it actually compromised my pitch pumps. I am only using it on my back-up 130X. The added head weight might have also affected the head speed/RPM, not solely the added weight, affecting my pitch pumps.
The more expensive Lynx CNC grips are nice and light weight, pretty close to the stock plastic. My buddy uses one. I was trying to save some $'s and did not realize that it's a heavy metal until I received them.
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Spyro37; Dec 18, 2012 at 12:00 PM.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:11 PM
United States, AR, Lockesburg
Joined Feb 2012
1,084 Posts
@ Joel

What are the weighted tail grips you were talking about?
Petrie is offline Find More Posts by Petrie
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:34 PM
United States, CA, Palos Verdes Peninsula
Joined Dec 2011
1,031 Posts
Got my metal C and D gears today from airbase. I think I'm going to use both of them from now on for an all metal tail gear assembly and let the tail spindle take the damage. It's usually the item that fails anyway, taking either the plastic C or D gear with it.

Thanks Spyro for the tail spindle comparison between stock, MH and Lynx. Good to know the stock ones are the strongest - have a bunch of them already.
Jboy90277 is offline Find More Posts by Jboy90277
Old Dec 18, 2012, 01:12 PM
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro37 View Post
I have the Extreme main blade grips. nicely made, but WAY heavier than the stock that it actually compromised my pitch pumps. I am only using it on my back-up 130X. The added head weight might have also affected the head speed/RPM, not solely the added weight, affecting my pitch pumps.
The more expensive Lynx CNC grips are nice and light weight, pretty close to the stock plastic. My buddy uses one. I was trying to save some $'s and did not realize that it's a heavy metal until I received them.
I've heard that Xtreme's parts are often heavier than others. BTW - the Xtreme grips are made from aluminum alloy like the others - not one of the heavy metals. Some of the weight difference is likely because the Xtreme grips have thrust bearings, while the Lynx grips do not. Interestingly, the MH grips also have thrust bearings. I wonder if they're also heavier.

No matter - I'm interested in Xtreme's tail-shaft, not the main grips. I usually only go for "upgrade" parts when they tangibly improve performance. Given that aluminum main grips don't provide a noticeable improvement in flight-performance over the stock grips on this bird, I haven't found a reason to switch. However, a hardened tail-shaft made from quality steel that spins true would definitely get my attention!

Joel
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 18, 2012, 01:20 PM
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santley View Post
@ Joel

What are the weighted tail grips you were talking about?
Santley,

I know that MH & others make weighted tail grips for this bird, but I don't recall mentioning anything about them. I mentioned Xtreme's tail grips w/angular contact bearings in my reply to Turnerm. Is that what you're talking about?

Joel
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 18, 2012, 01:51 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Santley,

I know that MH & others make weighted tail grips for this bird, but I don't recall mentioning anything about them. I mentioned Xtreme's tail grips w/angular contact bearings in my reply to Turnerm. Is that what you're talking about?

Joel
What are angular contact bearings and what would be the advantage in this application? I currently have the weighted tail grips from Rakon and they work very well.
harryhenderson - crvnation is offline Find More Posts by harryhenderson - crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 18, 2012, 01:56 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:

Joel
Those gears look interesting, though I havent worn or stripped any gears yet.
I might have to get a set when they come out.
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Dec 18, 2012, 02:07 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
Those gears look interesting, though I havent worn or stripped any gears yet.
I might have to get a set when they come out.
I'm guessing you crash occasionally like the rest of do, yet you haven't even rounded out the hole in a C or D gear? That's questionably impressive.
harryhenderson - crvnation is offline Find More Posts by harryhenderson - crvnation
Old Dec 18, 2012, 02:22 PM
United States, CA, Palos Verdes Peninsula
Joined Dec 2011
1,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by harryhenderson View Post
That's questionably impressive.
+1. That is really impressive. I don't even have to crash to round out the gears - rounded out a D gear just from using a less than square tail spindle.

On the subject of metal grips, the advantage I find with them is their ball links don't shear off like the plastic ones when you crash. I tried the MH weighted tail grips and the Lynx - really like the Lynx. It seems to seat onto the spindle much better with less slop than both MH and stock plastic grips.
Jboy90277 is offline Find More Posts by Jboy90277
Old Dec 18, 2012, 03:16 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jboy90277 View Post
+1. That is really impressive. I don't even have to crash to round out the gears - rounded out a D gear just from using a less than square tail spindle.
Same here. I've had a couple of D gear holes start to open up on their own from just flying. No crashes. I can always tell because I start getting a tail wag for no reason. I have a set of metal gears on the way so I hope that clears up the issue.