SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 06, 2013, 04:01 PM
Joined Feb 2013
63 Posts
Hi again guys, which bnf is considered the best. I'm a bit confused which people like the most. Is it the yellow one with the old battery connection, or one of the black and orange ones with new battery connection, or that white bnf from banggood that has old batt connection, or are they the newer models just with old batt connections. Can you guys enlighten me. The rtf I own was a blue/white with new battery connection, thanks guys.
Cebos is offline Find More Posts by Cebos
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 06, 2013, 04:02 PM
Certifiable
United States, CA, Burbank
Joined Dec 2012
2,573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stringrazor View Post
Spun up my H911 last nigh for the first time in a while and was disappointed to see it bouncing around when I tried to maintain a hover. It wasn't quite a classic TBE but it was something similar. Didn't see anything obviously wrong with it physically and the controls/servos work as normal. The tail motor got hot quickly so I guess it's on the way out. What might be causing the lack of hover stability? Main motor seemed to have plenty of power. Blades have a few marks on them but nothing major.
bump - any ideas?
stringrazor is offline Find More Posts by stringrazor
Old Mar 06, 2013, 04:09 PM
Joined Feb 2013
63 Posts
I'm in the same boat with my v911 sting, tail motor has started runnin real hot, main blades seem fine 1 or 2 tiny nics. I have light 3 in 1 machine oil I'm using to lubricate. When I lube the tail motor where do I put a tiny bit of oil is it where the drive shaft meets the motor casing?
Old Mar 06, 2013, 04:16 PM
Joined Jan 2013
309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebos View Post
I'm in the same boat with my v911 sting, tail motor has started runnin real hot, main blades seem fine 1 or 2 tiny nics. I have light 3 in 1 machine oil I'm using to lubricate. When I lube the tail motor where do I put a tiny bit of oil is it where the drive shaft meets the motor casing?
I would just pull the rear tail prop off and youll see a where to put oil...Make sure you wipe of the tail shaft really good before putting the prop back on....maybe some alcohol on a rag

And careful not to push the prop on too far as it can bind against the shaft tube and cause it to drag...That will definately cause it to get hot....You should be able to blow on the prop easily and see it turn with little effort.
6sharky9 is offline Find More Posts by 6sharky9
Old Mar 06, 2013, 04:19 PM
Joined Jan 2013
309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stringrazor View Post
bump - any ideas?
Im guessing you tried to re trim it to stabalize it?.

Did it fly good before you put it to rest for a bit?
6sharky9 is offline Find More Posts by 6sharky9
Old Mar 06, 2013, 04:36 PM
United States, MA, Plymouth
Joined Jan 2013
1,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6sharky9 View Post
.How difficult is it two change two wires around then take a piece of masking tape and mark one harness MCPX and another V911..

My key obstacles would be:

1) no meter to figure out polarity
2) no exposed leads on either battery to clue me in.
3) No clue how to wire a balance harness.

I like others to do the work for me, as my other hobby/career takes up it's own fair share of time, money, and neon...

Anyway, back to the CNC upgrade...
Arr0wHead is offline Find More Posts by Arr0wHead
Old Mar 06, 2013, 04:39 PM
Joined Feb 2013
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6sharky9 View Post
I would just pull the rear tail prop off and youll see a where to put oil...Make sure you wipe of the tail shaft really good before putting the prop back on....maybe some alcohol on a rag

And careful not to push the prop on too far as it can bind against the shaft tube and cause it to drag...That will definately cause it to get hot....You should be able to blow on the prop easily and see it turn with little effort.
Yeh Iv done this on a daily basis last few days, just lubed it again its real wobbly now on the turns and sometimes ends up stabilizing facing an undesired direction when buttoning off from forward pitching its sticking on right hand yaw turns. My tail rudder is the one with the hole right through so there's three tiny white rings on the shaft, there is no binding between them and the motor casing. Hard to believe the tail motor might be 'on its way out' it ain't had that much of a life. Still hovers very nicely, almost feels like when turning the centre of balance is out. I did have 2-3 weeks of fun flying when it was new, im trying my best to try cool that motor but it would literally burn yr fingertips and very short flight times. Not sure what to do now guess il replace that tail boom and motor aswell as getting a bnf, not sure which bnf is best to choose as per my other post above.
Old Mar 06, 2013, 04:40 PM
United States, PA, East Berlin
Joined Nov 2011
80 Posts
I just received my Helios 100 fly bars from bang good.com and made 1 work. I tried sanding the balls down a bit to fit in the links but went too far. Since I didn't have any spare ones I cut the paddles off and cut the stock bar ends off to give the same finished length as the Helios bar. I drilled in the paddles till I just touched the metal weights and crazy glued the paddles on. As near as I can tell in my living room the fff is a bit better but it still pitches up quite a bit when I let go. Definitely didn't hurt anything though. Was fun to mod something. Just got my second bnf and am waiting on one more from bang good. When the wind dies down I'll go outside and test out the forward flight more. I also took a spare main gear and modded it to let my 160mah um turnigy's fit through. I will play with the cg as well and let you know how it goes.
allisonmo2 is offline Find More Posts by allisonmo2
Old Mar 06, 2013, 04:42 PM
Joined Feb 2013
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by allisonmo2 View Post
I just received my Helios 100 fly bars from bang good.com and made 1 work. I tried sanding the balls down a bit to fit in the links but went too far. Since I didn't have any spare ones I cut the paddles off and cut the stock bar ends off to give the same finished length as the Helios bar. I drilled in the paddles till I just touched the metal weights and crazy glued the paddles on. As near as I can tell in my living room the fff is a bit better but it still pitches up quite a bit when I let go. Definitely didn't hurt anything though. Was fun to mod something. Just got my second bnf and am waiting on one more from bang good.
What's the best bnf to get
Old Mar 06, 2013, 04:52 PM
United States, MA, Plymouth
Joined Jan 2013
1,305 Posts
Okay, CNC mod...

I finished putting it together on my lightningbird.

Good news: The blades DO fit. There's included tubes that fit over the blade grip that makes the props fit perfectly.

Bad news: The nature of the blade grip design makes it impossible to fit the cnc head onto the stock shaft.

So I took it all apart, and put ALL the CNC stuff on with the exception of the anti-rotation bracket. I think what they expect is for you to cut the bracket off the existing part, and then secure the new mount around the remaining ring from the old mount. I wanted to be able to return everything stock, so I skipped this whole step and used the stock bracket.

Otherwise I used the entire head, swash, and shaft.

Performance wise, it handles great. A lot better than I expected after all the negative reviews in the thread. I think the 9x really gives that extra ability to dial up rates and expo to get more response, but even with that in mind I don't really see any drop in performance compared to my regular bird. In fact, I dialed the rates down a bit because the extra weight seem to have translated into extra momentum as well.

So far so good. Still need to do a little more balancing with the swash, I've got a tiny bit of forward drift. After more time, and maybe a chance to fly outdoors, I'll add more about it.
Arr0wHead is offline Find More Posts by Arr0wHead
Old Mar 06, 2013, 04:53 PM
United States, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined May 2012
165 Posts
JST PH Series Header Connector (mCPxV1V2/v911V2)

The part you are looking for, (the battery connector for Blade mCPx (V1 and V2 but not the new BL), WLToys v911 (V2), GW9928, etc.), is a 2-conductor JST PH series header male pin connector. You can get them in small quantities from Digikey for $0.16 each, (or get 50 for $4.93 - price drops even more with higher quantities). The problem here is that shipping will be $10 for any quantity.

Alternatively, (after a semi-lengthly search) I settled on some of these Micro JST-PH 2 Pin Male Pigtail (180mm/26AWG/2mm Pitch) Female Plug from Quantum hobbies for $0.99 each, which include one male header connector and matching female housing receptacle with an attached length of quality 26 AWG wire. Handy for making an extension adapter. I'm going to be converting my v911-V2s over to the Molex Picoblade series (Blade mCX, nanoCPx, GW9958, etc.)

The other ebay link with 5 for 4 bucks looks good if you only need a few. Yes, some soldering is required and yes, you need to ensure correct polarity!
ridgerunr is online now Find More Posts by ridgerunr
Old Mar 06, 2013, 04:54 PM
Joined Nov 2011
80 Posts
And the most important mod of all to the black one
Old Mar 06, 2013, 04:57 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,276 Posts
Quote:
The yellow or white (unpainted) from BG. Both have old battery connectors.
stonecutter is online now Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Mar 06, 2013, 04:58 PM
Joined Nov 2011
80 Posts
Quote:

The white and red one flies the same as my black rtf. My next one from banggood is blue white so we'll see. They all fly fine. I don't expect 200 dollar cp performance from a 20 dollar heli.
Old Mar 06, 2013, 05:12 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,440 Posts
Never met a V911 I did not like. They are all good.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04