HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 26, 2011, 04:40 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
7,125 Posts
Discussion
Coax Help and Talk about Anything Thread

With Lees thread closed up and now erdnuckel2s thread now also closed I am finding that I do not spend as much time on the coax forums on RC Groups. Those 2 threads kept me coming back to chat among a bunch of regular guys. Yes sometimes we went far off topic but we were always there to help anyone who had a question or a problem.

Not only that, after reading the latest on the thread I would go back to the main page of the coax forum and look for posts that needed help and for new members posting for the first time. I was not the only one, others would do the same thing and we would either have an answer or direct them to threads relevant to the problem or question posted.

Also in my case, I got a lot of traffic to my blog and PMs asking for help and advice regarding a problem and I was always able to help or steer the person to a thread where he or she could get help.

So even with the thread being off topic there was always someone looking through the coax forum to see where help was needed. Since edrnuclel2s thread has been closed I have been finding questions from new members that are not being answered. Some were already on page two, once they fade from page one they have less of a chance of being answered. That is a good way to drive new members away.

I have named this thread a Coax thread rather than 4 Channel Coax for a reason. There are some of us who fly both 3 channel and 4 channel, so there is some experience in both helis here. I have several 3 channel helis in my hangar. I prefer the 4 channel for more challenging flights but like the 3 channel for fun and for my young grandson to fly when he comes to visit.
So please stop by to visit. If you have any questions regarding a 3 or 4 channel helicopter and do not know where to post, feel welcome to post it here. I or other members who visit here will be glad to help or direct you to a thread relevant to your problem or question.
frieslander is offline Find More Posts by frieslander
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 26, 2011, 05:01 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,300 Posts
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Mar 26, 2011, 05:51 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
7,125 Posts
Thanks bud. How's things with your home build planes today, any flying?
Last edited by frieslander; Mar 26, 2011 at 06:33 PM.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 07:21 PM
"whirlydude"
United States
Joined Sep 2008
1,513 Posts
flyeraroo is offline Find More Posts by flyeraroo
Last edited by flyeraroo; May 26, 2011 at 08:58 AM.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 08:02 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
7,125 Posts
I have the Champ too and like you I have limited room. Because of my knee, I have not flown the champ yet but fully intend to fly this spring. Even with the helis I have not been able to fly as I like but hope to take my youngest brother up on the invite to fly behind his place in a sheltered area.

My grandson loves to fly my 6020-1 and my Syma mini Chinook. He loves to buzz just above the floor and is quite skilled at it, he is 9 years old.

Hopefully despite what the weatherman says, spring will come soon, we had 5 inches of heavy snow on the ground Wednesday morning, UGH.

I have a used Solo Pro RTF coming in the post soon from a member on groups, looking forward to it, I already have 2 of these.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 08:19 PM
Holy atomic pile, Batman!
Lafayette, Indiana
Joined Jan 2007
743 Posts
Nice thread Durk...Glad to see it.

Whirlydude:The Champ is a great little plane and tough to boot. It is hard to kill and any damage is usually fixed with a little tape and glue. And someone on another thread said it was so easy to fly that a monkey can fly it....You have a Champ right Raz.....

Mark
Steppenwolf is offline Find More Posts by Steppenwolf
Old Mar 26, 2011, 08:23 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
7,125 Posts
Thanks Mark, nice to see you here.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 08:34 PM
Crashing goes better
Westerlee, Groningen, Netherlands
Joined Sep 2010
449 Posts
Hi are you all starting without me?????????????

Just reporting i, somebody told me something, so i had to watch........................
Westerlee is offline Find More Posts by Westerlee
Old Mar 26, 2011, 08:51 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
7,125 Posts
LOL welcome back!
Old Mar 26, 2011, 09:34 PM
"whirlydude"
United States
Joined Sep 2008
1,513 Posts
flyeraroo is offline Find More Posts by flyeraroo
Last edited by flyeraroo; May 26, 2011 at 08:58 AM.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 11:39 PM
Joined Aug 2006
14 Posts
Are you guys talking about the Horizon Hobby Champ? I may have to get one. I have built several planes, and have flown them a little, but not consistently. My most successful one is one called the BluBaby made from foam board from DollarTree. The plans are in the scratchbuilt on here.

Please let me know how this Champ flies. I may have to get one.

Oh, as far as helis, i have two lama v3's, one lama v4, a mini mosquito, 3 picooz, a brand new Proto Max. Sadly, right now I really want a Syma S107 and am gonna have to order one soon.
spawnconnery is offline Find More Posts by spawnconnery
Old Mar 27, 2011, 12:50 AM
Professional heli wrecker
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2010
4,297 Posts
Rock on guys! It is great to see this continue on! I have been seriously tempted to pick up a plank at HK myself after getting rid of my huge 7ft wingspan gasser due to the fact I just had no room to fly it anywhere, and with this severe RA most days I cannot hike out to where there is enough space to fly the thing. So helisRme! The one that almost got me though was this one, Pretty cool for something so cheap.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=13763
Luvmyhelis is offline Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Old Mar 27, 2011, 01:54 AM
Visit My Blog
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,244 Posts
Hi guys,
Here's what I did today.
Picked up a Sig bubble canopy from the lhs and painted it for the hydrofoam.
They had the perfect size in stock. I thought I'd have to special order it.
Still have to route all the wires neatly and get the second set of elevons connected, although I think I'll wait to do that.
Then, paint the entire craft. Picked up paint yesterday at 40% off!!!
Eventually, the entire craft will be the color of the canopy.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...29&postcount=1
Jim
Stamp is offline Find More Posts by Stamp
Old Mar 27, 2011, 02:41 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,584 Posts
Ryan's Chat thread was also nice, but I had to keep a seperate tab open in my browser to keep a watch at it, and I visit the coax forum daily, so glad we have a discuss anything thread here as well. Only fitting, since the Micro Helis subforum has no less than 4 different "discuss anything" threads, one for each eFlite heli, and most of the time the discussion goes about anything but the heli in the title.

The weather outside looks lovely here, but I suspect by the time I will get out to fly, the breeze will have picked up, so I think I'll be flying my coaxes today, since these are my indoor birds.
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Mar 27, 2011, 07:56 AM
United Kingdom, England, Liverpool
Joined Mar 2009
1,654 Posts
Can someone please help me with these following instructions for my 3 channel, as I am having difficulty understanding them. I have copied and pasted them here;

Instructions

1. Please play with fly in still season, not when fly become angry wind season. If fly crash bangs in windy season, please render throttle diminished position without panic think.

2. Always charging battery in safe way lest hot fire become hot or battery become stay puft.

3. Place fly on safe ground in still season. Place stay puft in fly for commence play. Try in fly figure of eight until stay puft become angry hot after one minute. Please not using stay puft longer than sell by date. One minute fly time is a confident fly and good play for quality play joy will love you long time.

4. Please not play with fly during night joy distraction, lest wife become angry sex.
Microbaba is offline Find More Posts by Microbaba